Your allowed to use ASM and Active Steering

• Thread starter GT Motion
  • 6 comments
GT-Motion
Anyone else notice this? Is anyone using it? I have never used such aids, I wonder if it will make a difference for people. I know Skid Recovery was kind of a joke and added more grip to cars when racing online, but not so sure about these other two.

I've tried active steering previously and I have not found it to make any difference.

This was an option in round one as well. Have not tried ASM however.

In round 1 I thought it was only traction control and ABS?

Nope it was anything but skid recovery. I tried active steering while I was learning the wheel and that helped a little but shut it off for the last half of round 1. If your fast without active steering you may find yourself overcorrecting with it on.

Havent tried ASM though.

If you're fast already, ASM will only hurt your times. It basically works by applying throttle or brakes to keep the car from over/understeering. If you open the tap while driving in anything other than a perfectly straight line, the ASM will usually detect the slightest amount of slip and engage the brakes. Considering the GTR is AWD on comfort softs, I can imagine the ASM would be clobbering the brakes as you get onto the power after the apex. "Clobbering" is probably a bit of an over-exaggeration, but the last thing you want when trying to accelerate is for the brakes to engage at all.

It's one of those things that looks great on paper, but is rubbish in practice.

This is my first post. I've been reading for few weeks and now decided to sign-up.

For some reason I'm faster with Active Steering. Do you know why? What does it do?

I see most of the people drive without it.

Back