Your approach to licenses?

• Thread starter Ducatista
  • 13 comments
Did you set yourself a specific goal above bronze when you did the license tests when you got TT (or any of the GT games) and, if it is not gold, do you ever go back later on and try to improve on your times, i.e. to get silver or gold if you previously did not?

With GT3, GT4, and now TT, I was happy enough with getting silver on all the tests. But, whereas with the two GT titles I later made some half-hearted attempts to gold everything, with this game I made it a point to get all 40 golds after having played the game a while.

I was able to reach my goal, but I found it interesting how some tests on which I achieved silver without problem I had to try forever to get gold and, likewise, some tests that I tried forever to silver I had no problems getting gold.

For example, the final test at Suzuka took me countless attempts to make it beyond bronze, but then, in trying to gold the test, I came within 0.006 seconds of the gold time on my first try and then bested the gold time by over 1 second on my second one.

Once I got 70% silver on the first test....I went back to get the others.
I think Im going to aim for silvers for now. Once I get better at it Ill go back for golds...I did nail a couple golds with ease.

When I first start out I just try to get the licenses so I can run all the races, then I intend to come back and gold everything, usually I get bored of the game and abandon that plan, except for TT :).

In all four versions of GT, I've been terrible at getting all golds on my licenses. I never it did for any license in GT1, only got one all-gold license in 2 and 3, and never even tried in 4. So I'm pretty impressed that I have 39 of 40 golds in TT already.

When I started the game, I got the first three licenses before even racing anything. After a couple of days I went back and got the Super license. After a couple more days, I went back and tried for golds, and did surprisingly well. All I need is the final Suzuka gold and I'll have them all. I can't believe I'm finally going to have a PD racing game where I can finally say I have 100% and all golds. I've never done it before.

I was all gold in GT2, GT3, and GT4. I'm all gold through expert in TT, and so far it's been MUCH easier than the GT series. Haven't started the Super tests yet.

I don't really care what I got on them ... as long as I pass them. I am not some elitist trying to prove to myself that I can do it ... of course I could but I'd rather not waste time.

slo-car
I don't really care what I got on them ... as long as I pass them. I am not some elitist trying to prove to myself that I can do it ... of course I could but I'd rather not waste time.
Getting the NR750 was worth it to me.:)

I thought going for gold was a fun challenge, at least in TT. There was just something about the tests that made me want to spend the time and effort on golding all the licenses, something that was not there for me in GT3 and GT4. Plus I wanted to see what prizes the gold licenses would generate.

Ducatista
Did you set yourself a specific goal above bronze when you did the license tests when you got TT (or any of the GT games) and, if it is not gold, do you ever go back later on and try to improve on your times, i.e. to get silver or gold if you previously did not?

I now make it my goal to get a gold in every test in every game I play(TT is the first one that I started and went straight for that). It's not terribly hard(GT4 is more difficult) because I know how to ride despite having not ridden in quite a while.

I got my final gold medal at Suzuka a couple days ago, and I have 100%. This is the first PD game I can say I've done that, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. I'll agree with others that this was wasn't as difficult as any of the GT games. Now I'm just working on getting every color of every bike, then I'm going ride everything at the Nurburgring and take thousands of photomode images.

Most of the time I will cheat my way through the licenses. They just delay the inevitable so basically all I'm doing is speeding up the process.
Unfortunately the codes weren't available when I started the game so I had to get them the old fashioned way. Glitch my way through the wonky physics to get gold quickly as possible so I can stop cussing and start having fun.

Must say I was thoroughly disappointed with the license rewards in TT. A few ugly cruisers and that lame $40,000 Honda.

I have silvered all the licenses in TT. Never even managed that in GT3 or 4

Working on getting all gold.

the reward for silvering the super is nice. its Valentino Rossis leathers and helmet

Back