Your carrer in iracing

• Thread starter brad259
  • 21 comments
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Reflex_x_Pure
So I've just purchased spa for next season and it made me think about my carrer in iracing so I am wondering how's your carrer going? I've only been iracing for 1month but love it I started in the Mazda but swiftly joined the skippy now I'm leaving the skippy to race in the Gt or Grand-am series and I'm looking forward to it. How's your carrer?

My career is going downhill :)

Started whit the Mazda Cup and learned to drive in iracing. Raced alot whit the thing for 2 seasons. I just love the car. Also i have driven whit the Riley at the Grand AM. Did some very bad races but also some very good ones in the championship. It was the best championship so far i raced in. But after 1,5 seasons i wanted to try some other leagues and cars, from there on it didn't go very well. I am so slow whit the HPD Prototype and its a boring car after a while. I tried ovalracing but i seem to be a disaster at it! I burn my tyres on 5 laps and i can't memorize the track layout. Star Mazda looked very nice but i quit very soon, i didn't like the aggressive drivers there. The Ford Mustang was also fun but i wanted something faster.
Now i am driving the Mclaren becaus its the most sexy car in the game. I haven't been fast whit it. I hope it was becaus i skipped the practise sessions. I need to practise more and keep it whit one car in the future.

I brought the mclaren for the World Cup and I've fell in love with it but kinda wanna drive the Riley DP

I brought the mclaren for the World Cup and I've fell in love with it but kinda wanna drive the Riley DP

Once you come to grips with the riley its a blast to drive. Kinda tricky to get the hang of at first though. Mainly I find it doesnt like curbs. If you can keep it off the curbs its pretty stable.

My career has been a tale of 3 very distinct years:

2011:
Primarily raced the MX-5s but also raced a lot in the Star Mazda's, iRating peaked at just over 1800 and hit Class A briefly before dropping to class B after a fatal attempt to racing the GT series. All oval racing was done during week 13 to boost into the D class oval license.
Road: Starts - 130, Wins - 12, Top 5's - 51, Poles - 15
Oval: Starts - 17, Wins - 1, Top 5's - 8, Poles - 2

2012:
Up and down year, large periods of no racing resulting in a drop off of form and struggling for motivation. iRating hovered between 1100 and 1200 mostly despite a drop below 1000. License class fell to C. 2 oval starts capping a disappointing year.
Road: Starts - 32, Wins - 3, Top 5's - 13, Poles - 1.
Oval: Starts - 2, Wins - 0, Top 5's - 0, Poles - 0.

2013:
Back into iRacing with a vengeance, started racing the MX-5s again to get back into a road rhythm before attempting to race a combination of Grand-am and GT challenge with varying results. SR took a huge hit in road resulting in a threat of relegation going into S2. My career though took a turn into oval, becoming my main source of racing fun. Racing lots of street stocks and recently Class C trucks along with the iRacing NASCAR series. Ready for promotion to Class B in oval with an iRating of currently just shy of 1500. Road, looking like relegation to D with a 1400 iRating.
Road: Starts - 31, Wins - 3, Top 5's - 15, Poles - 2.
Oval: Starts - 42, Wins - 0, Top 5's - 9, Poles - 1.

Total:
Road: Starts - 193, Wins - 19, Top 5's - 79, Poles - 18.
Oval: Starts - 61, Wins - 1, Top 5's - 17, Poles - 3.

Hopefully an oval win in 2013 is just around the corner, good feelings for S2 2013.

Lets see..

I joined at the end of July in 2012, I got my first road win that same week in the Week 13 MX-5 race at Laguna. I made the mistake of just going racing, I never bothered practicing qualifying, etc and as a result my "career" started off a bit rough. My first full season in iRacing I ran the MX-5 Cup, inRacing News Challenge, and Mustang Challenge. I was in the R Division.

2012 Season 3:

inRacing News Division R Champ (Solstice)
Mustang Challenge Division R Champ
Grand-Am Division R 3rd Place (Mustang)
Grand Touring Cup Division R 2nd Place (MX-5)
Grand Touring Cup Division R 2nd Place (Solstice)

2012 Season 4 I was basically running the same series once again, this time in Division 4.

inRacing News Division 4 Champ (Solstice)
Grand-Am Division 4 Champ (Mustang)
Grand Touring Cup Division 4 3rd Place (Solstice)

+ Various Time Trial Championships but those aren't to exciting.

2013 Season 1 was my best season yet, I racked up a lot of wins and really improved just about everything I was doing, I got my first win the Ford GT and Mustang (Challenge) and came 3rd in my split in the 2.4 hours of Daytona in the DP Class and 9th in my split in the Roar Before the 2.4 in the Mustang.

In 2012 I had 356 Road Starts, 33 of them I won. In 2013 I've so far had 140 starts and 34 wins so the numbers speak for themselves on my improvement, etc. I also have the 7th fastest lap in the world on Spa in the Solstice.

This season I'll be running the Kia full time and maybe the Jetta. I'll be running the occasional race in the Solstice (although it is my favourite car so I'll probably end up running a full season in it anyways..) and Mustang, as well as Grand Am and Proto/GT.

Ill post my results within my first month in iracing think its
32-6-27-2
im enjoying reading them keep them up :)

Joined iRacing in late December of 2012. Have yet to complete a season. I was going to compete in the upcoming GTC series with the Solstice. But the schedule is god awful. So I'll be racing the Skip Barber for this upcoming season. It should be interesting!

Joined just over a month ago and then promptly moved house and I've only just got my net back.

For S2 I'll be getting my road licence up so I can start driving the Skippy and Kia and on the oval side of things I'll be getting some practice in for the UK&I Truck Series.

So I've just purchased spa for next season and it made me think about my carrer in iracing so I am wondering how's your carrer going? I've only been iracing for 1month but love it I started in the Mazda but swiftly joined the skippy now I'm leaving the skippy to race in the Gt or Grand-am series and I'm looking forward to it. How's your carrer?

awesome!

My career is pretty slow these days. and on top of that I am a slow pilot in general! LOL

I am not racing as often as last year so I tend to finish at the back of the grid these days. I am still having a lot of fun as long as there are some other racers with a similar pace fighting for positions.

I have had a few "personality" changes in iRacing.

I started my iRacing career in January 2011 and it has been a roller coaster since.

2010/2011
I had a lot of time during those days and could race a lot. I had to use a controller and a laptop to start my career. During this time I wrecked a lot. Some not my fault and other times it was my fault. I wanted to win and could care less about iRating or SR. It was checkers or wreckers.

Oval- Starts:201 Wins:18 AVG INC per race: 4.10
Road- Starts:150 Wins:10 Avg INC Per Race: 6.29

Checkers or wreckers part 2. I still wanted to win but I was a little more cautious. My membership ran out in February so I did not race a lot. I finally bought a wheel so racing on Super Speedways were easier.

Oval- Starts:27 Wins:6 Avg INC Per Race: 4.37
Road- Starts:9 Wins:0 Avg INC Per Race: 5.88

Came back almost a year later and I'm glad I did. I got out of my checkers and wreckers mentality and into a solid top 5 or beat half of the field mentality. I have done less racing and that has gotten me out of my rhythm. Even though I have only have 1 win this year, it was in a car that I have raced the most without a win (Truck). If I can race more often I know it will help me as a driver. Once June comes around I should have more time to race.

Oval- Starts:33 Wins:1 Avg INC Per Race: 2.87
Road- Starts:13 Wins:0 Avg INC Per Race: 5.84

Had a fair bit of success in iRacing over the years. Started way back in 2010 running the in the Pontiac Solstice, moved on to the Mustang shortly after which I drove for around 6 months. Was actually trying to get a pro licence which back then required you to have the top 200 combined iRating and Safety Rating! Managed to finish 2nd in 2010 Season 3 Mustang championship division 6 and won the 2010 Season 3 V8 Supercars Series Division 3.

From there I've pretty much just stuck to the V8 and managed to win 6 overall championships. I won 2011 Season 2,3 and 4 (3rd in Season 1 of 2011). In 2012 I won Season 2 and 3 (2nd in Season 4 of 2012) and recently I won 2013 Season 1. So fair to say i've had a lot of success in the V8 Supercar. Really love racing it and get on really well with the guys in my team and my opponents.

Another car that I had a little dip in was the F1 car, failed attempts to go for pro licences back in 2011 and 2012. I did about 3 or 4 rounds in a few seasons and was running 3rd/4th overall but decided not to continue due to the insane time zone difference. Definitely a challenging car as well.

Stats look like this:
Road - 152 starts 58 wins (38.15%)
Oval - 46 starts 5 wins (10.86%)

Road - 165 starts 101 wins (61.20%)
Oval - 24 starts 3 wins (12.5%)

Road - 131 Starts 60 wins (45.79%
OVal - 18 starts 5 wins (27.78%)

Road - 24 starts 12 wins (50%)
Oval - yet to race this year...

Overall Career Stats
Road - 472 starts 231 wins (48.93%)
Oval - 88 starts 13 wins (14.77%)

Had a fair bit of success in iRacing over the years. Started way back in 2010 running the in the Pontiac Solstice, moved on to the Mustang shortly after which I drove for around 6 months. Was actually trying to get a pro licence which back then required you to have the top 200 combined iRating and Safety Rating! Managed to finish 2nd in 2010 Season 3 Mustang championship division 6 and won the 2010 Season 3 V8 Supercars Series Division 3.

From there I've pretty much just stuck to the V8 and managed to win 6 overall championships. I won 2011 Season 2,3 and 4 (3rd in Season 1 of 2011). In 2012 I won Season 2 and 3 (2nd in Season 4 of 2012) and recently I won 2013 Season 1. So fair to say i've had a lot of success in the V8 Supercar. Really love racing it and get on really well with the guys in my team and my opponents.

Another car that I had a little dip in was the F1 car, failed attempts to go for pro licences back in 2011 and 2012. I did about 3 or 4 rounds in a few seasons and was running 3rd/4th overall but decided not to continue due to the insane time zone difference. Definitely a challenging car as well.

Stats look like this:
Road - 152 starts 58 wins (38.15%)
Oval - 46 starts 5 wins (10.86%)

Road - 165 starts 101 wins (61.20%)
Oval - 24 starts 3 wins (12.5%)

Road - 131 Starts 60 wins (45.79%
OVal - 18 starts 5 wins (27.78%)

Road - 24 starts 12 wins (50%)
Oval - yet to race this year...

Overall Career Stats
Road - 472 starts 231 wins (48.93%)
Oval - 88 starts 13 wins (14.77%)

very nice

Not really going anywhere at the moment, made huge progress and experience the first year and then we had our first child, so my racing kinda got cut in half ....

I find Oval racing soo much easier, its tricky picking up on the subtleties of it but after that is all racing - or at least it would be if not for the other drivers,,, I'm shocked when people crash in front of me and I have nowhere to go, I'm a good driver based on the fact that I almost Never take anyone out ...but my results seem so dependent on the wreckers around me

road racing I really need to practice a lot more, I didnt realize how much I time trialed in the first year, and thats why I'm only fast on the rookie tracks I dont race on much anymore ... really gotta drill my lap times before I even bother going back - I'm finishing 4th place in so many races... I'm above average for my level but nowhere near fast enough to reach the top 3 drivers most of the time.

Wow, you sound like you're screaming down the burn-out highway -- I'd strongly recommend reading through this thread, especially since you're talking about an iRacing "career":

Link: Rookie Race Tip: License Levels and Promotions

Ive had iRacing for a year now and im on the brink of my A license on the road side. Im more of a weekend racer at this point though. Last year i had school and work so finding time for practice and actual races was challenging at times. Now that ive graduated and working full time its still hard to get behind the wheel, but i miss it all the time. Last year a lot of my wins came during lower split Mazda races and running the Solstice in the GTC (sometimes the only Solstice in the field). Now i only run GT Challenge, Proto/GT and Grand Am so if i get a win its more legit lol.

Road: 149 starts, 23 wins, 74 top 5
Oval: 134 starts, 7 wins, 34 top 5

Road: 33 starts, 3 wins, 19 top 5
Oval: 21 starts, 0 wins, 6 top 5

I started out with the Mazda Cup, because I like road racing. Soon (10 days later) I got promoted and started racing with the skippy. I found it very fun and got used to the car quickly. So after racing a while with no incidents and being at the top 5 constantly, my SR went over 3.0 and my iRating over 2000. Later I raced with the McLaren in the GT Challenge/Grand Am and with the Star Mazda. I had some good results with the McLaren, but with the SM I was struglling. I kept thrashing the tyres in the 1st few laps and couldn't be competetive.

Road:245 Starts, 34 Wins, 124 Top 5*
Oval:7 Starts, 1 Win, 3 Top 5*

*To be updated.

Started racing here three years ago in June 2010. I have tried all kinds of competition and almost all cars in road side, but what I can remark is:

Two SRF championships in 2010S3 and S4. Then, I moved to the Star Mazda in 2011 Season 1 prior to my attempt to get a Pro License in the F1 in season 2. I eventually got it, finishing in top 12 in the FW31 series.

2011 S4 Pro Series was a tough one, and with some bad luck and some races I couldn't do, I was close to not getting the DWC License finishing the 24th (only top 25 would get Pro/WC license). In between, won the Petit Le Mans in the Ford GT.

In my first DWC Season in 2012 I finished in 15th place. A very satisfying position taking into account the insane competition level, with my bets place being a 7th in Watkins in the first race of the season.

In this one, 9 races so far, very bad luck with some race incidents and also incidents with my hardware, in last 4 races things are starting to go better, with my all life career best race in a DWC at Silverstone yesterday, claiming 6th place in both qual and race and with noone of the top guys retiring from the race (unlike that Watkins race I recently mentioned). :D

As for iRacing stats...

2010: 146 wins out of 254 starts.
2011: 76 wins out of 160 starts.
2012: 31 wins out of 97 starts.
2013: 14 wins out of 26 starts.

Not that I'm getting worse, but I'm racing series with much more level than when I started : (Grand Prix, DWC...).

Back