Your Dreams of a North American GT4 Demo.

  • Thread starter Thread starter LaBounti
  • 21 comments
  • 1,149 views
Messages
5,051
Messages
Labounti
Well, seeing that we non modded hacked imported PS2 owners have been grabbing our ankles while Sony screws us on GT extensions for 3 years now. I think North America should get a wopper of a demo to make up those 3 years of not getting GT Concept and with a November release date Proloque is out of the question. Fact is there will be a GT4 demo at least by mid/end October. but what would one want in it? I wont go too deep but here's a small bit of what I'd like too see in the NA GT4 Demo:

Zero, thats right Zero content from GT Proloque.
I'd like too see a wealth of American cars and popular Japanese cars in America at least 100 to drive and 400 to preview. GT2 had some 30 to drive and over 300 that could be previewed, i know i still have both GT2 demos.
Tracks, 4 road and 3 rally.

What would you want to see?
 
Hmmm. I would like to see a mini liscence test. Also behind the seans mini movie would be cool. And a sampler of the music to be in the game. But i would like there to be only 40 to 50 cars. I think the demo should only be a sampler. I thinkl 100 cars would be too much. Anyways Just a thought. :)
 
have none of you learned patience, i can wait 3 months for GT4, why can't you
 
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is launching in 3 months time - would you want to see the first 40 minutes of the movie and then have to wait again? It's just dumb. You guys got that Toyota demo anyway. Just wait for the game - it'll be less spoiled for you than it is for everyone playing the BMW demo and GT4P.
 
because you can play the demo for those three months. Just over and over. At least, thats what I do. coooome on. bring on the North American demo!!
 
Actually we did get the GT4: "prologue" Toyota Pruis Edition.. But it was on a limited count through toyota themeselves.

By the time I even knew about it, the copys of it were all gone.

PD better add extras in GT4's NTSC|NA.... And PAL and NTSC|JP get just a normal STOCK game....
 
What kind of extras do you think that PD will put in the NTSc game?
 
incubusnb
have none of you learned patience, i can wait 3 months for GT4, why can't you
That's what I said about Half Life 2 over a year ago. :rolleyes:
 
I'm loving the Half Life 2 demo though, it's really helping me pass the time.

Oh, wait.
 
Eagle-incubs, have you read any of the new post about the new BMW demo. seems everyone wants it(guess that makes them all dumb). Anyway lots of games have come out with demo months before and after its release. Movies and video games are so not the same. Gran Turismo 2's NA demo came out a few months before the full game and lots of people were all over it. Not everyone feels the same as you and seeing the first 40mins of a movie is dumb, not playing a demo of a game.
 
Eagle
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is launching in 3 months time - would you want to see the first 40 minutes of the movie and then have to wait again? It's just dumb. You guys got that Toyota demo anyway. Just wait for the game - it'll be less spoiled for you than it is for everyone playing the BMW demo and GT4P.
They dont give out the demos anymore. :indiff: I gather they got the idea that people were geating the broshures just for the demo.
 
I wouldn't mind getting a demo but i could wait about 2 mounths.. if they have it its great but if they dont i dont mind cuz i know it will be worth the wait!!
 
An American version of Prologue? Let me make it as simple as I can. American Prologue would have to include New York and Grand Canyon. Why? AMERICA. And for people who hate anything that isn't American, you have a chance to prove yourself in the States. But then, you'd have to learn to wise up about the rest of the world, and include Hong Kong, Paris, Fuji, and (maybe) Nurburgring). As far as cars go, muscle cars and American sport compacts. You'd HAVE to include the Fina McLaren F1 GTR, otherwise, there wouldn't be a real race car to take around and about. Let races be 2 and 3 laps long without a time limit. And if you want a Time Limit, make it like Ridge Racer Type 4 and Rage Racer in terms of time limits. In other words... limits don't mean CRAP! Highest license you can get is an A-Grade License. And music would have to consist of different types. Examples include (but not limited to) The Crystal Method, Beastie Boys, Outkast, Paul Van Dyk, Cirrus, and I'm going to stop there because I feel a fire storm (flaming) coming. So go ahead Code_kev. Make me sound dumber than you think I am.
 
LaBounti
Eagle-incubs, have you read any of the new post about the new BMW demo. seems everyone wants it(guess that makes them all dumb). Anyway lots of games have come out with demo months before and after its release. Movies and video games are so not the same. Gran Turismo 2's NA demo came out a few months before the full game and lots of people were all over it. Not everyone feels the same as you and seeing the first 40mins of a movie is dumb, not playing a demo of a game.

I mentioned the BMW demo in my post so I'll go out on a limb and say I was aware of it and it's limited availability. I've looked at Prologue in game stores and gone "$60 for a demo? Yeah right". I played Prologue for 3 minutes at EB, won a race around Tskuba or some other Japanese circuit whose name I can't yet spell, and was over it pretty fast. I don't get the fascination with demos - people are already slaughtering much of the surprise GT4 might have offered with thousands of images and movies, it's not like North America is completely in the dark for anything and everything GT4 related. Many people have already imported Prologue because they're so dedicated. Some people are just obsessive - if it's remotely GT related, they have to own it, regardless of whether it's actually worth owning. Look at the people who came out and complained that their free Toyota demo only let them choose from two cars and two tracks, they wanted a bigger experience. Any demo that gets released will be sub par compared to Prologue from most respects, and will thus receive criticism for not being better, but to better it, PD is going to basically have to release the E3 version in terms of cars and perhaps with more tracks - so people get further confused over just what GT4 is having seen no less than 2 other versions with "Gran Turismo 4" in the name before the real one even gets here, spend money on products that are only intended as demos, get pissed off, don't buy the real thing, and PD loses money. Don't believe it'll happen? Go ask a market researcher if putting words onto the end of a title makes people think it's a newer version. If you asked the average person, who has no idea what 'Prologue' means, to choose between Gran Turismo 4 and Gran Turismo 4 Prologue or Gran Turismo 4 Trial Edition (theoretical title), they'll pick the longer one, in the same way they'd pick "Matrix: Special Edition" over just plain vanilla "Matrix", and the same way people pick the longest answer on multiple choice tests when they have no clue.

Oh and movies and video games are so not the same? o_O All I can say is Metal Gear Solid. It's all entertainment. It's like watching the first 40 minutes of a F1 race and having to wait 3 months for the finish of the race, like reading the first 50 pages of a book and having to wait 3 months for the conclusion to be added. The people who have the patience and interest to wait for the game are going to do so with or without a demo, the people with no attention span whatsoever aren't going to be suckered in enough to wait 3 whole months for a full title. If NA is going to get some sort of respectable demo, it won't happen until shortly before release and will probably wind up being some compilation of the various manufacturer demos that have been produced and released, and it'll be free on some magazine cover disc.
 
Eagle
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is launching in 3 months time - would you want to see the first 40 minutes of the movie and then have to wait again? It's just dumb. You guys got that Toyota demo anyway. Just wait for the game - it'll be less spoiled for you than it is for everyone playing the BMW demo and GT4P.

You can't compare a movie to a racing game................... Completely different.

Anyways i'd love to see an american demo with the new build.
50-100 cars would be fine
Nuremburgring A MUST + any 3-10 other tracks
Mini License mode that unlocks the licenses in the full verion

or Just bring the friggen game out on its November release date! :) :banghead:

:cheers:
 
If a "Prologue" version of GT4 came out this week, I probably wouldn't buy it. Too little; too late. I feel, to buy it at this time, it would lessen the impact that the final version of GT4 could deliver. And, the price? $35 for a game to last a few weeks? Nope, not for me.
 
Sry folks but I really can't see PD releasing any kind of demo for the US. I wouldn't worry about missing out of GTP. Don't get me wrong, it was better than GT3, but PD really limited the game with so few options and the AI was still as rubbish as GT3 IMO.

As for the GT4's NTSC|NA version getting loads more options than the PAL and NTSC|JP versions, that is just really silly. THere might be one or two more/less cars, but don't get your hopes up.

Cheers

Jamie
 
Didn't they say they had "10 manufacturer demos" to make in an interview someplace or something? I've only seen two of those. My thinking is, they might release a manufacturer demo for an American make. Like maybe a Ford demo with a '05 Mustang and GT to drive on New York, Laguna, and Nürburgring.

But who knows, it'll probably come out in like mid October if anything.
 
LaBounti
Well, seeing that we non modded hacked imported PS2 owners have been grabbing our ankles while Sony screws us on GT extensions for 3 years now. I think North America should get a wopper of a demo to make up those 3 years of not getting GT Concept and with a November release date Proloque is out of the question. Fact is there will be a GT4 demo at least by mid/end October. but what would one want in it? I wont go too deep but here's a small bit of what I'd like too see in the NA GT4 Demo:

Zero, thats right Zero content from GT Proloque.
I'd like too see a wealth of American cars and popular Japanese cars in America at least 100 to drive and 400 to preview. GT2 had some 30 to drive and over 300 that could be previewed, i know i still have both GT2 demos.
Tracks, 4 road and 3 rally.

What would you want to see?

I'm afraid you 'll be very desapointed, I checked EBgames 5 minutes ago and in the preordering section there is no mention of any GT4 demo or US demo or whatsoever.
On the business standpoint there is no reason at all to release a Demo 1 month before the official release in North america.
Well, dreams are free.
 
Hey why dont you just find some one and get a demo for GT4? **** PM me and ill get ur bloody address and ill send you a copy mate?
 
Homer_SS
You can't compare a movie to a racing game................... Completely different.

Thanks, did you even read the reply above yours?
 
let's face it... we won't get one... just have to wait for the full release.

as for the LOTR example... we did get a demo of the real movie... the demo came out in theatres last xmas :sly: ... the real version will be released this november on DVD in a box set... just like fellowship and two towers.
 
Back