Your favorite band/group/singer(s) country or origin.Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter JCE
  • 17 comments
  • 1,658 views

JCE

Messages
6,769
Germany
Little Elm, TX
Messages
JCE3000GT
Just what the title says, what are your favorite band/group/singer(s) origins. I'm going to assume that the U.K. is going to win here but you never know. I'm leaving a few out, but I'll add them when I remember.

AC/DC --> Australia
After Forever --> Netherlands
The BeeGees --> England (born on the Isle of Man)
Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne --> England
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony --> United States
Def Leppard --> England
Dr. DRE --> United States
E Nomine --> Germany
Ian van Dahl --> Belgium
Led Zeppelin --> England
Linkin Park --> United States
Metallica --> United States
Michael Jackson --> United States
Nirvana --> United States
Pink Floyd --> England
Quiet Riot --> United States
Rammstein --> Germany
The Scorpions --> Germany
U2/The Police --> Ireland
 
Alan Parsons- U.K.
The B-52s- U.S.
Kraftwerk- Germany
A-ha- Norway
The Caesars- Sweden
Children of Bodom- Finland
'Happa-tai'- Japan

I know Happa-tai is a crack group, but their song was memorable.
 
Most of my favorites are from the US. Sweden is a further second.
 
Smashing Pumpkins; Chicago, IL, USA
Converge; Salem, MA, USA
Slayer; Huntington Park, CA, USA
Ben Folds Five; Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Elliott Smith; Portland, OR, USA (During his musical career)
Few Left Standing; the Midwest, USA
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Dallas, TX, USA; Blackpool, ENG, UK; Toronto, ON, CDN
Infest; Valencia, CA, USA
Botch; Seattle, WA, USA
 
I'm seeing a pattern Bones. ;)

*edit*
Oh, and you're from Seattle and you didn't mention Nirvana? FOR SHAME!
 
I wouldn't really say that I have a favorite band or bands, but there are several bands that I trust. They can release albums, and I will buy them without hearing a single note beforehand. Interestingly, several of them are from the American south.

Nonpoint (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
Cold (broke up in 2006, Jacksonville, FL)
Sevendust (Atlanta, GA)
Lamb of God (Richmond, VA)
System of a Down (Los Angeles, CA)
Tool (Los Angeles, CA)
Muse (U.K.)
 
In no particular order:

Yanks
Velvet Revolver (also English), Metallica, Queens of the Stone Age, Red Hot CHili Peppers, Incubus, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Foo Fighters, Audioslave, Soundgarden, The Eagles, Temple of the Dog.

Poms
Led Zeppelin, Velvert Revlover (also American), Radiohead, U2 (alright, they're Irish), Pink Floyd, Jamiroquai.

Down Under
The John Butler Trio, Killing Heidi, Powderfinger, The Cat Empire.
 
Here's my favorites countries of origin, in no particular order:

Millencolin - Sweden
Rancid - United States
Reel Big Fish - United States
Goldfinger - United States
Bad Religion - United States
Frenzal Rhomb - Australia
 
Steely Dan (USA)
Frank Zappa (USA)
Yes (UK)
King Crimson (UK)
The Who (UK)
Neil Young (Canada)
The Beatles (UK)
Paul Simon (USA)
Stevie Wonder (USA)
Supertramp (UK)

JCE
The Police --> Ireland
:confused: Huh? (Surely they'd be called The Garda if they were Irish? :lol: )
 
:lol: True true. :D
 
My absolute favorite musicians:

The Beatles(UK)
Oasis(UK)
The Blue Hearts(Japan)
Paul McCartney(UK)

If I list my top 100 or something, it would be almost all British bands. I don't know what it is. Jack Johnson(USA) should make my top list in the near future(then again, the upcoming album sounds bit sucky so far...).
 
No American metal/rock?
 
JCE
I'm seeing a pattern Bones. ;)

*edit*
Oh, and you're from Seattle and you didn't mention Nirvana? FOR SHAME!

i dont see the pattern. *shrug*

Bleach and Insecticide are good but they are nowhere near my favorite albums.
 
i dont see the pattern. *shrug*

Bleach and Insecticide are good but they are nowhere near my favorite albums.

The pattern is that they are all USA.
 
JCE
No American metal/rock?
I do like many American artists, but not quite enough to be very top on my list. Like I said, Jack Johnson(though not really a rock) is very close. I also like bands like Cake, The Killers, Modest Mouse, Steve Miller Band, etc.
 
My favourite bands change constantly. But usually they hail from the Scandinavian countries like Sweden and Finland, or the USA.
 
JCE
The pattern is that they are all USA.

crosby, stills, nash and young?

graham nash is from england and neil young is from canada!

okay, i will add neil young as a separate entity. i will also add:

Shape of Despair; Helsinki, Finland
Jesu; UK somewhere
the Beatles; Liverpool, England
Carcass; Liverpool as well
 
My favourite bands change constantly. But usually they hail from the Scandinavian countries like Sweden and Finland, or the USA.

Like Royksopp? They are absolutely awsome.
 
Back