Your favorite cars by PP…

• Thread starter Aaronrray1
  • 2 comments
United States
United States
One thing that is fairly unique about GT7 is that specific limitations for events are actually quite rare in the world circuits races. Instead, events tend to only be limited by country or PP rating.
Because this is the go-to source of credits, it makes me curious: What are your go-to cars to run them?

(For me, I run a Brumos 934 liveried Porsche 930 in PP700 events and a McLaren F1 GTR longtail for PP800)

I run all sorts of stuff.
Tuned up Suzuki Swift for WTC600 is great fun. Lexus LC500 was surprisingly capable at WTC800.
Porsche GT1 and Alfa 155 are my favourites for the 700s, F40 and BAC Mono also great. Murciélago good, F12 decent.
787b-engined RX-7 is a bit of a handful, but really great fun at 800pp.
Porsche-engined Sambabus is borderline undriveable hilarity, but can win the 600pp races - if you're careful! It makes my face hurt I smile too much!!

I haven't much used any of the other Porches yet, and I prefer the CLKLM to the F1 GTR long-tail.

For races below 600pp, I use FWD cars most of the time, like the Civic Type R, Peugeot 208, or a VW Polo.

For 600pp races I really enjoy the C6 Corvette Zr1 on sport hard tires. It's a beast at the straights and very challenging at the corners, but it can be very fast if handled with care.

For 700pp races I like the Lamborghini Huracan Gr.4, if it's a race car event. With a turbo it sounds amazing and it is incredibe to drive. For Gr.3 events I take the VW Beetle Gr.3. For street car events, I use a tuned FC Mazda RX-7, it stays at 680pp but it's fun to drive, great at corners.

For 800pp races, I use a tuned Corvette Gr.3, with a supercharger. It's a very balanced car.

For anything higher than 800pp (custom races) I use old GT1 prototype cars, like the Mercedes CLK-LM, or group C cars, like the Mercedes C9.

Back