your favorite cockpit view?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tracksmith
  • 22 comments
  • 2,256 views
Messages
768
New Zealand
Christchurch
these are my favorite cockpit views:

-Audi R10 TDI - the open cockpit is just incredibly fun to be in and the steering wheel is so detailed.
-Lexus LFA - has a beautiful and highly detailed interior.
-Ferrari California - really easy to see out of and so fun and easy to drive.

What are your top 3 favorite cockpit views?
 
I don't always use cockpit view, but when I do, I prefer the McLaren F1's.

The-Most-Interesting-Man-in-the-World.jpg
 
I think the Ferrari F40 has the best looking cockpit.
Yeah, I know, I'm old(school). :p
 
Ferrari California +1

VW Samba Bus

Kübelwagen

On the other hand, the Citroen concept GT car is horrible with the HUD and it's seriously limited visibility.

-Kaffeine
 
Ferrari California +1

VW Samba Bus

Kübelwagen

On the other hand, the Citroen concept GT car is horrible with the HUD and it's seriously limited visibility.

-Kaffeine
I totally agree,this Citroën GT by Citroën Race Car has by far the worst cockpit in the game, zero visibility 👎
 
/\ This +1. Is there a better position that sitting directly in the middle?

It takes a little bit to get used to the mirrors, but if you're in a McLaren F1, what's behind you isn't really important.

👍
 
1, Lexus LFA
2, Honda NS-X stealth mode because there's a camera for the rear
3, Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo because I like digital gauges
 
1-Lexus LFA
2-Peugeot 908 HDi FAP
3-(not a cockpit view) however I like the Caterham Fireblade hood view, I like being able to see the wheels turn the vehicle through the corner. You can feel and also see understeer its amazing. And its just adown right fun car.
 
McLaren F1, Amuse S2000, and I do enjoy a nice cruise in the Shelby Cobra 427 from time to time. Assuming I stay pointed in the right direction.
 
On he top of my mind,the Lexus LFA.The rev counter turns red when at the redline which is uber cool.:D The cockpit is detailed too.

The ZR1's interior isnt too bad either.

And the Z06 RM is race car porno.
 
It could be the track or the environment...but I drove the 89 miata last night around the ring for 6 laps, it was gorgeous. Started out light, went to night, then the sun rose :dopey:

Nothing special, but seriously well modeled.
 
It takes a little bit to get used to the mirrors, but if you're in a McLaren F1, what's behind you isn't really important.

👍

👍

Also, the (spelled wrong) RE Amineya RX-7, the blue street car, has lots of detail and seems well done.
The F1 is probably my favorite though.
 
LFA, R10 TDI, F2007, Civic Type R (my RL car!)
 
It takes a little bit to get used to the mirrors, but if you're in a McLaren F1, what's behind you isn't really important.

👍

Ford GT coming closer...
No you are in it's rear view mirror.
 
Shelby 427
Mustang Mach 1

I can't not use cockpit in the F1 or X2010 cars either(unless it's raining in the X2010 ...then I can't see a damn thing).
 
Another vote for the LFA here, brilliant interior, and car.
 
1. Mazda RX-8 - It's my real life car and I love looking at the interior because it is done SO well that it's like I'm actually in my freakin car! (other than the fact that my drivers seat is actually on the left side of the car!)

2. 69 Camaro - That wooden steering wheel just looks so beautiful!

3. Ford GT - Even though I'm a Corvette lover I've always had a serious thing for this car and I just enjoy using the in car view. It's like a gift from technology that I'm allowed to "sit inside that car" and see what it would really be like to drive it.

P.S. Honorable mention = The race cars that have the TV screens mounted on the dash showing the live view of what's happening behind you... looks amazing!
 
Aston DB9- Slick :drool:
X1- It looks great!, unles it's raining
Ferrari Californian in cream or brown- nice leather convertable :sly:
 
Back