Your favorite corners/complexes in F1 Championship Edition

Shaggy_Alonso
Malaysia - Turns 7 & 8 - It's a brilliant double right hander where if taken right you clip both apexes at full throttle, like a mini Istanbul Park turn 8.

Albert Park, Melbourne - Turn 5 - a high speed right hander that can just about be taken flat, if you're brave enough.

Imola - turns 2, 3 & 4, (Traguardo through Tamburello) - An extremely fast left, right, left combination where you can ride the kerbs for full effect.

Imola - turns 9 & 10 (Acque Minerale) - two corners which can be taken like one corner if you clip the apex of the first, takes you sweeping up the hill directly after.

Nurburgring - turn 12 (bit-kurve) - a downhill right hander that builds up speed as the track widens to just about give you enough tarmac and kerb to accelerate all the way through.

Catalunya - turns 7, 8 & 9 (Campsa) - this is a great little complex, a downhill left hander followed by an up hill right hander and then another blind downhill right hander campsa, which is almost taken flat.

Catalunya - turns 13 & 14 (Europcar & New Holland) - two flat out, high speed, downhill right handers in quick succession. Particularly challenging is New Holland which if you take the incorrect line will spit you into the gravel ruining your race. Unfortunately the modern day circuit has stuck a chicane in between these two corners completely neutering New Holland, turning it from a steep high speed corner, into a gentle downhill medium speed corner, easily taken flat. A real shame that.

I'll post my other favorites later.

Turns 12-15 at Monaco. Fairly quick and if you cut it right, you can really make up some time. Screw it up and 1/2 your car will be gone.

Turn 8 at Istanbul. I wish I were better because I have hit he magical line through there a few times and it's pretty amazing.

Uh, I love screaming down the straights. Especially at Shanghai and Bahrain and especially with the slower teams because one gets to see the needle vibrate at 18000 rpm for a longer time :)

One of the sweetest curves has to be the blind apex 9,10 (Shumaker S) at Nurburgring. Love the way you hit it blind going uphill & weave left then right accelerating at full throttle. :)

The most exiting by far is Istanbul's Turn 8 when it's taken properly at high, very high speed. Nothing better than hitting those 4 apexes on 6th gear. I get excited just thinking about it.-

The most exiting by far is Istanbul's Turn 8 when it's taken properly at high, very high speed. Nothing better than hitting those 4 apexes on 6th gear. I get excited just thinking about it.-

All 4 in 6th!? When the race season comes there, I need to follow you a few laps to see the line, I always seem to not be as fast as I think through there.

The first four turns at Montreal may not be the quickest or trickiest, but there is a large amount of satisfaction getting braking points,apexes and throttle control with about 7gear changes all in about 10 seconds.

Dont know if you really call it a turn,but the long sweeping right hander after T3 at Magny-Cours its great very tricky to get the most out of.

Dont know if you really call it a turn,but the long sweeping right hander after T3 at Magny-Cours its great very tricky to get the most out of.

Yeah, very important corner to get right: shift down, coast, go wide, accelerate flat out while turning hard to the right to prevent running off the track on the left. Great when you time it just right. 👍

Yeah the 3 apexes at Istanbul have to be among the trickiest - scary to mess up because you lose so much time...

All 4 in 6th!? When the race season comes there, I need to follow you a few laps to see the line, I always seem to not be as fast as I think through there.

You are going to hear this from me a lot but I haven't play most of this tracks in over two months There are tracks that I have not raced at all. Freelance work had kept me at bay for a long, long time. Before I get back to you, I wanted to verify my claim. I decided to run a few laps on Istanbul to make sure I was telling the truth. In fact, all 4 on 6th gear. I posted a time of:

Lap Time: 1:26.519 on a Renault (I think this is a decent time, it was over a second faster than the closest AI driver).

Sector times were: 29.183 / 31.673 / 25.663

MPH: 138.0.

All on 6th. is not difficult, it all depends of the Down Force and the Gear Box Ratio, but you will have to sacrifice your lap time though.

Last edited:
Nailing turns 7 & 8 at Magny Cours full throttle and really love turns 8 to 13 at Hungaroring which is pretty much the entire second sector haha. Also agree with Bit-Kerve at Nurburgring, great corner.

Turns 7 & 8 at Malaysia

Turn 5 at Melbourne - a high speed right hander that can be taken flat, if you're brave enough.

Turn 12 at Nurburgring

Turns 7 & 8 at Magny-Cours

Turns 8 to 13 at Hungaroring

Turn 8 (Quad) at Istanbul.. if you get the entry right.

Turn 2 (or is it 3) at Magny? The long right-hander that gains you much time on the straight.

Turns 1-4 at Montreal.. tough to get right (especially turn 3), but so rewarding when you hit it.

Heck.. all of Shanghai

Hockenheim: Turns 9 through 13.
I just practiced in Hockenheim for the first time. Now I understand Mario Andretti when he said: "If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough.” This series of corners make me feel I'm going to crash.

Turn 13 at Silverstone. It just feels right going from outside to inside and sliding back outside without lifting the throttle.

Simple I know,

I agree, you just want to scream while you make the turn, as you start sliding out on the final exit, not wanting to lift off the throttle, but knowing it's going to be close. Takes my breath away when I hit it just right and go flying down that straight.

Back