Your favorite GT2 cars in different categories

• Thread starter A.A.Z.
  • 17 comments
I've come up with an idea to make a little survey about not just what's your favorite car in GT2, but something more - really, you can't compare a Toyota TS020 Race Car, which is undoubtedly great, with a, let's say, Lancia Stratos, which is great either. I haven't finished thinking about what categories in particular will this topic contain, so let's say a person just names one (or more) (please with no exotic stuff) and names a car which, to his opinion, is the best there. I've got some examples here -
- The best production car (with no mods)
- The best production car (fully-tuned)
- The best low-powered race car (lower than 450-500 bhp, depending on weight)
- The best high-powered race car (higher than 450 bhp)
- The best offroad car (any non-Rally car with dirt tires)
- The best offroad race car (basically the best Rally car)
- The best Kei car (fully tuned)
- The best Muscle car (hmm)
...and so on.

Do you like the idea? :)

I like the idea, but this thread would've been better if it was posted 1 or 2 years ago when the GT2 forum is still quite active. Nowadays it's a ghost town.

Anyway here are my favourite choices:

Best production car without mods: any 1 of the RUFs
Best production car fully tuned: Venturi Atlantique 400 GT
Best low-powered race car (<500hp): Cusco Impreza
Best high powered race car (>500hp): Toyota GT-One
Best offroad car: Mitsubishi Pajero Mini
Best offroad race car: Hate to say this but, the Excuseo
Best Kei Car: Subaru Pleo
Best Muscle Car: Camaro Z28 69

Due to the large amount of cars I'm sure I have forgotten a few mentions here and there....I'll think up more later.

Great idea ! Here are my favorite cars :
- The best production car (without mods) : RUF CTR2
- The best production car (tuned) : Skyline GT-R R34 V-Spec
- The best low-powered race car : Ford GT40 Race Car
- The best high-powered race car : Escudo Pikes Peak
- The best offroad car : Mitsubishi Pajero
- The best offroad race car : Tigra Ice Race Car
- The best Kei car : Suzuki Cappucino
- The best Muscle car : Mercury Cougar XR-7

In my opinion-

- The best production car: TVR Griffith 500/4.0
- The best production car tuned: Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II '99
- The best low-powered race car: Mini Cooper 1275GT
- The best high-powered race car: Toyota GT-One '98/'99 or Nissan R390 '97/'98
- The best offroad car: Toyota 2000GT '68
- The best rally car: Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99
- The best Kei car tuned: Suzuki Cappucino
- The best Muscle car: Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray 1967
- The best 'Normal' race car: Ford GT-40
- The best concept car: Ford GT-90 (never driven a Dodge)

Best Normal Race Car: Jaguar XJR15
Best Concept Car: Plymouth Pt Spider (in looks), Ford GT90 (in performance)
Best Novelty Factor: Subaru 360
Best of Rare Cars: Subaru 22B

IMO
Best Concept Car: Ford GT90
Best Normal Car: Dodge Viper GTS
Best Low Class Racecar: STP Tasain Viper
Best High Class Racecar: Toyota GT-ONE TS020 '98

That it does.

Best Touring Car- Toyota Corona Exiv 200GT or Nissan Primera
Best Gameshark Car- (should be the) CLK Race Car or the Prius Drag Racer

Is there any way that I could import my best cars from GT1 to GT2? If there is, then how do I do it?

Best Touring Car: Any 1 of the RM-able BMWs (preferably 3-series) or Alfas (preferably 155/156), Opel Vectra & Calibra.
Best GS Car: CLK Race Car alright!

To gtmaster: Just buy the same model in GT2, almost all cars in GT1 can be found in GT2.

I thought the STP Taisan Viper has 600+ hp?

Come on, do you really think it can match the power of a Toyota GT-ONE or Nissan R390? I consider to be in a lower class with the the Oreca Viper, Ford GT40 LM Edition etc.

EDIT: If you have the NTSC version, look at the base of the case and the picture with the yellow Mustang and blue with white stripes Viper GTS at Grand Valley Speedway. That color GTS was not in GT2, only GT1. So why is it in there I wonder? Just something i figured i would bring up.

Come on, do you really think it can match the power of a Toyota GT-ONE or Nissan R390? I consider to be in a lower class with the the Oreca Viper, Ford GT40 LM Edition etc.

Well, the GT-One and R390 also has their hp around the 600-700 range, so it's not much of a difference. Those 2 cars are much lighter, that's why they're faster. And if an AI is driving those 2, matching them with an STP Viper will be easy (driven by human). If it's a VS battle then of course the GT-One/R390 will (usually) win. The Oreca is even faster with 702hp(?), and the GT40 is definitely not a lower class racer. I think the original post by AAZ means that the <500hp category is for GT300 cars and the >500hp category is for GT500 cars.

I think it would be better if we base categories on power:weight ratio rather than power alone, it will be a fairer match.

EDIT: If you have the NTSC version, look at the base of the case and the picture with the yellow Mustang and blue with white stripes Viper GTS at Grand Valley Speedway. That color GTS was not in GT2, only GT1. So why is it in there I wonder? Just something i figured i would bring up.

The PD art department messes up a LOT (like the picture of the McLaren F1 dash on the cover but the car not in the game). So I wouldn't worry about that ;)

Kudos to you though, AAZ, I would never attempt such a crazy race, especially enduros, I don't want to waste my time. Crazy short races ok (Subaru 360 vs Muscle Cars in Seattle Short), but definitely not enduros.

Also,
Best FF: Mitsubishi Eclipse or Spoon Integra
Best FR: TVR Speed 12
Best 4WD: Once again, Excuseo
Best MR: I'll take the plunge and say, Espace F1!
Best RR: Well, not much choice is there? RUF CTR2
Best P:W ratio:Cerbera LM
Best East City Car: Toyota GT-One Road Version with Stage 4 Turbo
Best South City Car: Vector M12 LM
Best West City Car: Venturi 600 LM
Best North City Car: Lotus Elise GT1
Best Sounding Car: Lancia Stratos
Most Outrageous Design: Chrysler Phaeton

Till later.

Should've put it more clearer....
Best 4WD : Excuseo (doesn't mean I enjoy driving it)
Favourite 4WD [to drive] : Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car (one of the very few cars that have a yaw controller :))

The Celica RC is a very good car 👍, and it looks absolutely STUNNING, very clean body kit design and amazing decal style, when I first got it I was like :drool:, but it understeers............a tad. And hard to get, harder than it's supposed to 👎, can't tell you how many times I played the Laguna Enduro to get it, not to mention the frustration involved in the process :mad:.

Kudos to you though, AAZ, I would never attempt such a crazy race, especially enduros, I don't want to waste my time. Crazy short races ok (Subaru 360 vs Muscle Cars in Seattle Short), but definitely not enduros.

Also,
Best FF: Mitsubishi Eclipse or Spoon Integra
Best FR: TVR Speed 12
Best 4WD: Once again, Excuseo
Best MR: I'll take the plunge and say, Espace F1!
Best RR: Well, not much choice is there? RUF CTR2
Best P:W ratio:Cerbera LM
Best East City Car: Toyota GT-One Road Version with Stage 4 Turbo
Best South City Car: Vector M12 LM
Best West City Car: Venturi 600 LM
Best North City Car: Lotus Elise GT1
Best Sounding Car: Lancia Stratos
Most Outrageous Design: Chrysler Phaeton

Till later.
I know i am replying to a 14 year old comment but i think best east city car is also escudo (i have raced both the cars to see who will have fastest lap time possible with best setup i could give to both and also raced them with thier stock gear ratios/suspension/damper etc. In both cases with stock setup/best setup given to both, escudo still wins. Except for test course)

Back