Your favorite GT5P car... and why

• Thread starter mPWRD
  • 28 comments
This will be a place for you to display your love for GT5P and tuning. Please post your favorite car in the game, why, and your best tune for it. It's kind of an amalgamation of all the different garage in one big thing.

Or think of it in some kind of all-star garage. The best tunes for each different car in the game. I'm hoping to accumulate one tune for each car, so let's get started!

Nice thread you got going up here, I like the idea, I'll be the first to start.

Favourite Car: Nissan R35
Why?: A very balanced car and easy to tune, and the first car that I've ever heard with a double clutch for the transmisson.

Note: Is it just me? Or are only the people from Aussie looking at this post :lol:

Tune: Look the tune up in the TLD thread.

Last edited:
Nice thread.

Favourite Car
Ferrari F2007

Why
It sticks to the road like glue and is quite easy to drive. And of course i'm fast in it:D

Don't have a tune for it

My favourite car would have to be the Subaru Impreza due to the AWD, the excellent road-handling capabilities. (no oversteer!!). Had a good tune but I lost it.:guilty:

All driven on pro with no assists
The Mine's R34- On S2 tyres, it has brilliant turbo power, reasonable grip and I love the way the back-end steps out and you end up in huge four wheel drifts under accelerration. Also sounds very realistic.

Ferrari F2007- on N1's for realism, handles realisticlly ( I assume so) as their is grip at high speed, understeer at low speed, and slides under power in lower gears. Also looks and sounds amazing, is a thrill to drive.

Shame there's no Porsches or RUF's.

Heres mine.

Lotus Elise 111R - Fun to drive as it is in real life, not to powerful for my level of skill and great in the corners.

Nissan 350Z - A great, very well balanced RWD car.

Lancer Evolution IX - Have a decent tune for it and handles like a dream.

There are a lack of tunes in the thread so I thought I'd actually post one :)

My favourite combination so far has been the Ferrari F430 at the 600PP Custom RWD event at Daytona Road in the last update, tuned by Garage TZT:

Power: -14
Weight: 89
Tyres: S2 S2
Ride Height: 0 +3
Spring Rate: 6 2
Damper: 6 2
Toe: +0.20 -0.21
Camber: 2.5 2.0
Brake Bias: 4 5
Max Turning Angle: 42
Traction Control: Off
ABS: 1

1st: 2.838
2nd: 1.940
3rd: 1.541
4th: 1.257
5th: 1.039
6th: 0.860
Final: 4.440

This tune has very successfully transferred over to 650PP Suzuka by changing the tyres to R1s and adjusting gears to your preference.

But on Daytona Road it was an absolute dream to drive, a true pleasure of stability under power and great cornering. Loved it. Looks great too :D

All the best
Maz

Favorite car: Stock Ford GT on R1 tires. I just enjoy driving it more than anything else at any track.

Favorite tune... My 750PP Mines S10 tune.

Mines R34 Skyline
Best Lap: 1'55.556
Standard Physics
Manual Transmission
Power: -4%
Weight: 85%
Tires: R1
Aero: Front 15 Rear 32
Height: -8 -8
Springs: 5 5
Dampers: 6 6
Toe: +0.20 +0.20
Camber: 1.6 1.2
Brakes: 5 2
Max Turn: 50
ABS: off
TCS: off

Gears:
1: 3.240
2: 2.090
3: 1.538
4: 1.258
5: 1.044
6: 0.875
F: 3.720

I guess I might as well post my own.

Favorite car: Ford GT
Why: Absolutely brilliant on the straights. Some understeer, but enough to control. A blast to tune as well.
Tune: Check the AIM Tuning Shop thread, first post. And comment on it too!

MY Favorite car in the game for many reasons is the Ferrari F430 sounds great is a blast to drive & well its a Ferrari :sly: My best tune is a Dutch Customs tune, is there any doubt.
Pwr -14
Wt - 89%
R1s
Hgt - 0,0
Spr - 2,5
Dmp -2,4
Toe- -.05,+.06
Cmb- 2.1,1.4
Brk - 6,4
Trn- 45
Tc - off
ABS - 1
1st - 2.838
2nd -2.137
3rd -1.697
4th -1.093
5th -.904
final 4.476

650pp Try it at Suzy you'll enjoy it too.:)
Great thing about this setup is its a great baseline thats easily adapted for other events,pp levels. Just a cool car to drive.
Yes I know thats a Scuderia pic but close enough,& a cool pic.

Attachments

• ferrari-f430-scuderia-wallpaper31[1].jpg
    ferrari-f430-scuderia-wallpaper31[1].jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I hate American Cars...

BUT the Ford GT changed my perception :)

So far this is the best car in my garage since i just started playing this week.

:)

When i feel like i'm losing control turning on a corner, i just step on the gas and it gets me out of trouble :)

there are a lack of tunes in the thread so i thought i'd actually post one :)

my favourite combination so far has been the ferrari f430 at the 600pp custom rwd event at daytona road in the last update, tuned by garage tzt:

Power: -14
weight: 89
tyres: S2 s2
ride height: 0 +3
spring rate: 6 2
damper: 6 2
toe: +0.20 -0.21
camber: 2.5 2.0
brake bias: 4 5
max turning angle: 42
traction control: Off
abs: 1

1st: 2.838
2nd: 1.940
3rd: 1.541
4th: 1.257
5th: 1.039
6th: 0.860
final: 4.440

this tune has very successfully transferred over to 650pp suzuka by changing the tyres to r1s and adjusting gears to your preference.

But on daytona road it was an absolute dream to drive, a true pleasure of stability under power and great cornering. Loved it. Looks great too :d

all the best
maz

i agree!

haven't looked at this thread in a while...

revisions:
my favorite car in stock tune: Ford GT by far.
my favorite car modified tune: my own Ferrari F40 (AIM Thread)
favorite car to drive: Corvette Z06
favorite car to tune: Nissan GT-R

my favourite car is the nissan GTR because it is FWD it is much better to use it in pro race because it does not slid has much has ferrari. And my top speed is 305km in nissan GTR still work on it

I run the 05 STi RA.
And always looking for a good Neutral, yet Stiff Tune.
On Suzu 650PP...
HP+81@433
KG@89%
Tires: R1
RHeight:-25 Both
SRate:6 Both
Dmpr:5 Both
Toe=0
Camber: 3.0/2.0
Brake:6/5
DCCD:45/55 (Stock)
TurnAngle:45
ABS 1
Grears:
Final Ratio:4.400

Its not fast... topps out under 160MPH, a lot of fun for sure.
But let me know what you think, and let me know your Suzuka 650 Tune.

"I was sorry that I hit you that race I'm just trying to be as fast as you!"

Well,
Favourite Car: Corvette Z06
Why: Because it's an awesome car, but too bad it's unfairly done by in the game.
Tune: I normally drive it stock in arcade

Favourite Car to Drive: Ford Mustang GT
Why: American V8 sports cars FTW! It makes a b-e-a-utiful sound, and it's much more satisfying to drive than most of the other cars, as it requires you to maintain momentum and use the throttle to get around corners. Although in GT5 it will probably become my least favourite muscle car. ESPECIALLY if the 2010 Mustang is in there, which wouldn't be high on my list either.
Quarrels: I can't tune the gearbox the way I want to because the ratios don't go that far. It's a LOT slower than what it should be. With 20-30kw extra it accelerates slower than other cars, which is BS. PD's bias etc
Tune: Link So fun to use in offline races.:)

Definitely the Ferrari 599 due to the great races I have had with it at Daytona. It is a little touchy elsewhere, but I love it at Tona.

Honda NSX Type R.

Simply can't be appreciated in it's full glory on a controller though, it was the car I wanted to drive on my Sixaxis but just ended up crashing. Got my G25, stepped in and what a joy. The car just feels fantastic, the handling is spot on, corners fast but it's never on rails, you have to work with the car to make it happen.

No idea what numbers I'm running the suspension on, I know the cars currently at 600PP on S3s though.

Other notable mentions, Amuse S2000, Mines GTR, Ferrari 599 and the brilliant BMW M3.

The car I used to survive and win all the events in Prologue was the tuned Corvette. I simply took a tune from Lars (or Paulie, I forgot) and hit the roads with it. I must say that while using the sixaxis it took me quite a while to do the events, but after I bought the DFGT all became much easier - I guess because of the better (dosed) throttle control.

For fun and thrill I usually pick the F430, F40, M3 or R8. The 599 is awkward to drive (I hear the same from many others) and the California is unrealistically easy to drive.

I avoid using the Clios because they're so easy to drive but most of all because of all the punters and nerds that can be found online who apparently only have that car in their garage :) but unfortunately :grumpy: and 👎

The car I miss most from GT4 in Prologue is the CSL, which is my GT4 favvie ride of all time :cool: its Prologue inheritant only looks like it but doesn't feel like it one bit unfortunately ...

F430 or F2007 when it can actually be used online.

Im interested in more tunes for the F430, i have played around with it and tried the first set from this thread but Im usually around 2:11.20 which is too slow.

Favorite Car To Race Online: Ford GT (750 PP Tune from Dutch Garage)
Favorite Car To Race Offine: Dodge Viper SRT-10 (Stock)LOVE THE SOUND,THE TORQUE AND THE LOOK

Other Favorites: The rest of the american cars in the list (Tuned And Stock)

My favourite has to be the RX-8, basically because I have one and it's the closest I get to actually racing it!

My favorites are the NSX-R and the GTLM. these two MR cars demonstrate the most effective lift off oversteer for my driving style. Ain't to bad on the eyes either.

Back