Your Favourite Class

• Thread starter Luminis
  • 24 comments

What is your preferred performance class to race?

• D

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • C

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • B

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • A

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • S1

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • S2

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • X

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Germany
Duisburg
Hey everyone,

with the recent discussion about the DLC packs and whatnot, I got a little curious about what classes the good people on GTP enjoy racing and cruising in. Are hypercars the real deal? Or is GTP more down to earth?

A little insight on the "why" is always welcome, of course ;)

According to the book the game keeps on me, it is S2 (nothing to do with my driving skills!) because I have been in the One 1 and Aventador so much. The HE Ford GT is also getting the heck driven out of it because it make more money. :dopey: 20 to 30k extra per race, and I am real broke right now!

I love A class. There's so much variety to be had with that class. It's great a great class for cruising with your friends and going racing w/out having to change your car. S1/S2 is still fun every once in a while, but A is where it's at for me. :D

Really close call between A and S1, but went with the latter because off-road vehicles in that class are a lot of fun to drive.

I actually also stick to A Class, it has such a wide variety since most any car under that class can become pretty competitive in it anyways.

Seems like I'm pretty mainstream myself :lol:

My vote also goes to A-class. My preferred cars start in A or below, for the most part, so they naturally tune up to A800 pretty well. I also feel that, in A class, cars aren't getting overpowered. My builds seem to be somewhere in the 300 - 400 HP Region, mostly. In S1 and above, cars get a bit too powerful for my taste, most of the time - except stuff like the BAC Mono, of course.

That said, I still have some S2/X tuned stuff to hoon around in, mostly for speed traps or to jump around open fields for them skill chains! 👍

The fact that I got completely MLG rekt by a Cherokee in the S2 class versus my Aventador means I'll have to settle with A.

S1 is a treat too, especially with my Crown Vic :sly:

A, although C is a close second for the hilarious power builds you can accomplish on stock tires. But with 800 PI to work with, A offers far more variety than any other IMO. I built up an LS-swapped FJ40 that was just a bucket of laughs at 754 PI with 450HP; it's now tuned up to a monster 640-ish HP for Playground Games purposes. Has an inclination to tip at high speeds, but is so maneuverable at a crawl and has enough pick-up-and-go to avoid just about anything else. Also doesn't get bogged down in the sandy beach area, which is crucial.

Speaking of LS swaps, my NA Miata is also a lot of fun in the same class, with that same engine. I've got a few more toys around that mark, but those are the two that stand out right now. I'm trying to avoid buying every car this game; I find I end up using them less. Since FH3 is less realistic than Motorsport, I have a few stock cars, but a lot of my garage is about cars tuned to exactly the level I want them. I love that the only reason I need to max out PI in a class is for online racing, since the AI scales to you offline. 👍

Taking in consideration that all my favorite cars end up falling in the A category, I think this is the golden zone. most of my cars only have a few upgrades with street tires. The really slow ones that do need a bit of help to keep more useful speeds around circuits fall very close to A in the higher B.

I don't really drive anything above S1, except for a few production cars such as the Viper ACR, Corvette Z06, Viper SRT10 GTS, Nissan GTR and such, which are very high-performance vehicles. The Viper even having semi-slicks as the stock tire.

The only 'Super' cars I drive is oldschool ones, which I still consider proper cars. Jaguar XJ220, Lamborghini Diablo, Bugatti EB110, Ferrari F40 and F50 and such.

Anything else above (when won on a wheelspin) is sent to the auction house at the lowest price.

See why I have a such a hard time online? Everything is in the high S1 or close to X. Using only one car to pathetically try and keep up with other players and still losing gets boring really quick.

I currently find myself playing and enjoying S1 more and more. Granted, much of my seat time is spent on Goliath and that track is far more suitable to fast cars than some of the rally cross esque stuff, so that is part of the reason.

A bunch of the retro supercars end up in S1 too, at least upon receiving modern tyres. Then there's the HE cars, many of which are pre-build for S1...

Tyres actually seem to be the quickest way to put yourself above the class you intended to modify a car to, do you guys usually leave your cars on street tyres until the power is way too high or opt for lower power with good tyres?

A is my favourite class, but when doing solo campaign I also love picking B class cars.
I also enjoy driving all the different cars without needing to have the fastest tune possible to compete online :)

Tyres actually seem to be the quickest way to put yourself above the class you intended to modify a car to, do you guys usually leave your cars on street tyres until the power is way too high or opt for lower power with good tyres?

This, I originally made the mistake of making builds just however I wanted and realise now how woefully off the mark you can be the second tires come in (e.g. I had a B class Integra with a K20 swap that I could only run stock power on!). Now I usually check tires to get a rough idea how far they'll bump me but often end up leaving them be for C/B applications, for laptimes power in general top trumps everything in the lower classes as long as you get traction (even if cornering grip is compromised).

I voted for C class, the muscle cars in particular in this class are just right and you can still run 600+bhp with fat but stock rubber so traction isn't actually a big deal. You can also make some truly broken OP stuff like a 900+bhp AWD '74 Celica which wrecks everything the AI will throw at you.

B class can be tricky as the tire jump can spoil the show a little, then A class is a close second favourite for me.

A is probably my favourite. So many different car types can go into it sensibly from muscle cars to tuners and even SUV's without needing to have ridiculous amounts of power.

S1 is probably my second favourite but some cars need excessive levels of power to get to the top of S1, especially the heavier GT cars.

Last edited:
Lately my car of choice is a mildly tuned Porsche 356A (still in class D). Before that I was making good use of a very lightly tuned '72 Land Rover!

Back