Your favourite Colin McRae/DiRT game?

• Thread starter JR98
  • 41 comments
I'd say DiRT was the best, I haven't played DiRT Rally yet though.

Sliding an Elise around the corners on the British Rallycross track (I don't remember its name, if anyone knows, please tell me) felt extremely satisfying.

It's not that similar to the more realistic style of the Colin McRae games, especially 2005, which was one of the other best games in the series.

Top 3:
1) DiRT
2) DiRT 2
3) Colin McRae Rally 2005

My favorite is DiRT 2 then Dirt 3. Dirt Rally I liked but that game takes a lot of practice and I only have time for short pick up play games that don't take a lot of practice That's why I enjoy simcade and arcade games the most but I do enjoy a good sim with my rig once in awhile. I never played the earlier games.

Never played the old McRae games but I suspect they are better than the Dirt series on PS3.
To me each of the games had considerable problems. Dirt 1 had the best stages by far but the physics were just terrible, I swear worse than Sega rally back on the Saturn. Dirt 2 has considerably better handling and the tracks aren't bad, but all vehicles feel identical. Dirt 3 stages are ridiculously wide and short making it feel rather boring.
If I had to pick one it would be Dirt 2 but I think WRC2 and 3 were better rally games and not as arcadey.

For the sake of Nostalgia, Colin Mc'Rae 1 and 2. Then WRC1,2 and 3, specially 3 for the ps2.

Dirt Rally2 is the best so far.

Having played almost everything from CMR 3 onward except Dirt 2 and Showdown, I think I like Dirt 1, 3, and Rally the best.

Dirt 1 has weird physics (especially coming from CMR 2005), but sheer variety of cars on display is just insane - just thinking about all the cars in it makes me want to play the game again. Also, Dirt 1 had best codriver voice in my opinion. So deep, smooth, and suave.

Dirt 3 has great roster of rally cars and hlilclimb cars both classic and modern, and all of them handle great. Other game modes feels limited, but they do a great job of spicing the game up (yes, even the Gymkhana). It's a great arcade racer where you can just jump in whenever you want a quick fun.

I like Dirt Rally for varied rally stages with great quality. I know Rally 2.0 gets more stages with DLCs, but those DLCs are remastered stages from Dirt Rally anyway, and I don't like Rally 2.0's base game stage nearly as much as I like ones on Dirt Rally. I couldn't care less about world rallycross stuffs, but rallying feels great and inclusion of Pikes Peak was a spirited choice.

Last edited:
Never played the older games, still haven't tried the latest ones in the Dirt series, but the first Dirt game on PS3 was pretty weak, stages were good but physics.... just awful. I enjoyed Dirt2 and 3 but seems like older Colin Mcrae games were much better for rally fans.

Never played the older games, still haven't tried the latest ones in the Dirt series, but the first Dirt game on PS3 was pretty weak, stages were good but physics.... just awful. I enjoyed Dirt2 and 3 but seems like older Colin Mcrae games were much better for rally fans.
You should go for dirt rally 2.0 , good physics.

Dirt Rally 2.0 GOTY. Feels like the culmination of everything that came before to me, great physics, perfect sounds, excellent stages, an absolute tonne of the best rally cars, what's not to love.

Dirt 2 is still my favourite Dirt Game. Everything about it was outstanding imo and i still listen to the OST. Fun fact: Its the same for me with NFS Pro Street ^^ Nothing ever came close to those 2 games and their OST for me. They were just perfect and still are to me :)

Back