Your favourite GT League Race/Event

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 21 comments
Australia
Australia
No secret here: RCT
IMG_6190.JPG

Reminds me of the Tuner Car Championship in GT4. Here, I can use about any car, that can be detuned to N400.
The AI car variety swaps at random. Add the PD inhouse liveries and it adds to the Track day/Production race car feel.

"Wabbit twacks"
Even the rabbit doesn't necessarily start on pole. There's variety in that too. It'll be either the M4, GT40, A110, 996, 997, Countach and Miura. In a few races, I've gotten M4, Miura, Countach, GT40 and A110, all at once.
Special note, is the AI Pantera. It's got good acceleration and also quick in a straight line.

Tuning
I just tune suspension and use SM tyres. The more powerful cars, I detune as close to 344hp as I can. Some cars won't reach that N300 cut off. N200 is 244hp, but that's a struggle to win with that set up. Still fun trying though.
Lightweight cars, I don't add weight, but still tune the suspension.

Payouts:
99,000 N300(Clean&Handicap)
82,500 N400(Clean)

N200 is tough, no matter the car. 2nd place pays out 69,300(Clean&Handicap)

N100 even tougher.
3rd in the '72 A110(Stock, SM) payed 52,800

No secret here: RCT
View attachment 788677

Reminds me of the Tuner Car Championship in GT4. Here, I can use about any car, that can be detuned to N400.
The AI car variety swaps at random. Add the PD inhouse liveries and it adds to the Track day/Production race car feel.

"Wabbit twacks"
Even the rabbit doesn't necessarily start on pole. There's variety in that too. It'll be either the M4, GT40, A110, 996, 997, Countach and Miura. In a few races, I've gotten M4, Miura, Countach, GT40 and A110, all at once.
Special note, is the AI Pantera. It's got good acceleration and also quick in a straight line.
The M4 and Alpine were the troublemakers in my runs in this series.

For me, I like the Mazda Roadster races and the Gr. 3 Enduros. My Supra gets the job done well.

Real Circuit Tour has probably been the most favorite just because i get to fiddle around and make me want to make personal GT-like liveries.

Also some of the lineups can be interesting, sometimes you find a very setup with a GT40 battling against a Miura or the A110 '17 vs M4 and 4C out of nowhere. Pole not always being the fastest is good too.

I also enjoy Hatchback Championship and J-Sports Meeting on the latest updated races (Amateur). I want to enjoy Gr.3 Cup but i want that to be Professional and with more tracks\experimentations.
For Professionals Gr.1 Cup, hope it gets more races.

Special mention for the silliest event Tourist Trophy as the AI crashes, shoves and divebombs me everytime, perfect practice for online :P

Yeah, that 4C can be the surprise in a race.

J Sports is a good one, with all theose tracks in that one event.

Haven't visited Mazda Roadsters in a long while. May just build one and revisit as many races as I can enter it in.

RCT. Run it in a N300 on SH tires. Stock. The computer will throw down an impossibly fast lap to catch up to you. Barcelona in particular. Alpine or a dumbed down '01 Porsche seem to be my favorites,

Last edited:
Personally, it's a coin toss between the J Sports races and Real Circuit Tours races. Both of them can be run with many different cars, but J Sports just edges it as it feels closest to the "spirit" of Gran Turismo from Christmas past, with all those GTRs, Evos, MR2 and so on. Especially the race at Tokyo, as much as it's not a brilliant track, J Sports at Tokyo just *is* Gran Turismo to me.

But, I tend to focus on the new cars each month and the December batch was not very Japanese :lol: so I've been running the RCT events a lot.

Especially in my Rockford Files Firebird - big thanks to the user who uploaded that livery.

If anyone has any comments, leave a message after the tone and I'll get back to you... :sly:

An event I entertained myself quite a bit with was the FF or hot hatch event, but I needed to impose extra rules to make it fun. The rules I chose to run it with where using one of the least powerful cars (At that moment the Suzuki Swift, now the Abarth 500 is there as an easy mode and the 1965 Mini Cooper as a Nightmare mode (the Copen isn't viable)), fully tune those cars (including tire compounds), EXCEPT the power, that needs to stay at 100% (or below one wants to). Made some tough races, where every mistake could cost you the win (at least that is how I remembered it)
Furthermore, all League races where the AI is somewhat balanced are good fun (looking at you Ferrari 330 P4 in the Ferrari only event and all the other events where a much higher class car is available for the AI than that the event is for)

Group 2 events, specifically because of the mixed class racing with Gr3. Really hope they update custrom races to allow this, at the moment it is quite rare in GTS.

Yeah this.

They were merely ok before being that there was only THREE cars but now with the 2008 cars they are there too as 2nd tier cars and then there's GT3 backmarkers.

I'm up in the air... with a field on 2016 spec Super GT cars the difficulty was up there but now with three tiers its a lot easier but it feels like real racing now...

I agree with @Cerebral303 and @TonyJZX on the Gr.2 championship. I've done each of the races with each of the 2016 cars and am working my way through with the 2008 cars. I know it's not much of a challenge but working your way through the traffic is quite exciting.

I'm doing the same with the Gr.1 championship too but just using the real prototypes and Group C cars, none of the VGTs. It's fairly easy at the moment as there's just the three races, hopefully a future update will add another few good races. And I'll have to stop for a while anyway unless I win a prototype as I've only got two cars left to use. I think I'm saving for a historic but I'll see how I feel when I get to Cr.20m. Might just buy the rest of the Prototypes I don't have.

I've done each of the races with each of the 2016 cars and am working my way through with the 2008 cars. I know it's not much of a challenge but working your way through the traffic is quite exciting.

That's exactly what I'm doing! Using racing hards to make it a bit more challenging, and the 2008 cars are harder - In the Lexus the 2016 Nissan is faster than you on the straights for example. It's all about the traffic though.

The All Japan GT Championship is one of my favourites. I love doing the Gr.1 and Gr.3 endurance races though. One thing I cannot understand though is how PD did not implement multi-class races in the Gr.1 events. Surely that is the best place to use it.

I agree with @Cerebral303 and @TonyJZX on the Gr.2 championship. I've done each of the races with each of the 2016 cars and am working my way through with the 2008 cars. I know it's not much of a challenge but working your way through the traffic is quite exciting.

I'm doing the same with the Gr.1 championship too but just using the real prototypes and Group C cars, none of the VGTs. It's fairly easy at the moment as there's just the three races, hopefully a future update will add another few good races. And I'll have to stop for a while anyway unless I win a prototype as I've only got two cars left to use. I think I'm saving for a historic but I'll see how I feel when I get to Cr.20m. Might just buy the rest of the Prototypes I don't have.

That's exactly what I'm doing! Using racing hards to make it a bit more challenging, and the 2008 cars are harder - In the Lexus the 2016 Nissan is faster than you on the straights for example. It's all about the traffic though.
The 2008 are certainly more challenging. The toughest one was Fuji in the Lexus SC430 GT500 as you need to nail your traffic management and drive near flawlessly throughout. It's very enjoyable though.

I quite liked those as a well and the Gr1 endurance - bit of a pick your weapon between my McLaren VGT and my Audi R18 hybrid.

The RBR Jnr is actually a decent drive mirroring real world Formula Ford and that type.

I feel like the x2014 std drove a bit worse and the races were less fun but not by much.

Completed all the Circuit Expeeriemces again. Got a RBJnr as a prize. It actually is a nice car to race. Took it to TESL @1635, for 2 laps. May just revisit the GT League event.

I think I bought a Jnr to complete the leagues and then after that won like half a dozen of them... had to buy a x2014 standard though.

I extremely disliked the RBR races in GT5/6 and was surprised to see that the new engine in GT SPort tends to work favourably with them.

The Jnr was communnicative even over the edge with oversteer you can hold.

The 2014 std was actually quite a bit easier to drive than the W08... I feel like the real world F1 has kind of overtaken the x2014s... they (Adrian Newey) didnt dream of hybrids 10yrs ago... so the "extream" skill needed to master the W08 meant that stepping back into the x2014 wasnt do alien like it was in GT6.

But yeah the x2014 around St. Croix etc. was quite decent. I sort of feel like I learned more about the car here than in GT6. The drive model, the new tyres etc. makes the car feel more alive.

Leagues does give you a 'sense of pride and accomplishment'... I'm now down to just a 3rd on the F1500s on Brands Hatch and Suzuka... that's it.

Everything else is gold.

I liked the Endurance Porsche Cup. I've only done it once though.

I can't remember exactly. But in older versions each section had a Series, 5 Races or so. You entered the series and if you won, I think you won a car. I miss that.

I liked the Endurance Porsche Cup. I've only done it once though.

I can't remember exactly. But in older versions each section had a Series, 5 Races or so. You entered the series and if you won, I think you won a car. I miss that.

I definitely agree. GT League needs prize cars. Even if it's the same crap I get from Daily workout.

I mentioned in another thread, that was the joy and pain of redoing those races in GT4. Having to do laps at an oval, so I could get every color (4) of the TOM'S X540. MAny times I got the same color, but I eventually got them all. Hope the next GT brings that back.

Back