Your Favourite Playstation 3 titles

• Thread starter GazMac
  • 14 comments
Ireland
Ireland
ii-iboomer-ii
Good evening guys and girls. Since the PlayStation 4 is highly likely to be Sony's big announcement on the 20th of Febuary, the PlayStation 3 is coming to an end as we know it, and what an amazing system it was. In this thread I would like everyone to discuss their favourite PlayStation 3 Titles in the categorys of:

Action/Adventure
Racing
First Person Shooter
Sport

You are aloud 5 Games per title, and discuss why you loved each title, pros and cons, then in the end, you're only aloud to choose one all time favourite!

At the end of the discussion add in what you'd like to see on the PlayStation 4 (Orbis) and why!

First of all, my list would be:

Action/Adventure

Grand Theft Auto IV:
Well not much to say really, my favourite game of all time, played and completed every single gta from GTA 1 to Vice city/Liberty city, The ballad of gay tony to lost and damned I'm a true gta diehard! Love playing this online with my mate's having a laugh, flying around at the airport, trying to knock eachothers choppers out of the sky, running around glitchung and playing bomb da base!

Uncharted 3:
Uncharted 3 was an amazing game, the story was astonishing, gameplay was so intense, basically I would play this game just for the beautiful scenery! The graphics are amazing, and the gameplay was spot on!

Uncharted 2:
The first Uncharted I ever purchased, was never interested in the first one, this game was an eye opener for me in terms of the graphic capabilities, I was addicted! And completed it!

Assasins Creed III:
Love this! Just bought it, I have never liked any of these assains creed games but I'm addicted to the story of this, graphics are amazing, absolutley brilliant, although I hate the shooting and the fact that you can't changed your controller layout :(

Ghost Recon Future soilder:
The only Ghost game ive ever played, enjoyed! You can either play it all guns blazing or be stealthy, an excellent game in terms of gameplay and graphics, had so much fun! - one of the best Third person shooters ever!

Racing

Need for speed:
Now as I'm not to sure what need for speed it was, I forget but it was one of the first ones released for ps3 which involved proper street racing and you could fully customise cars unlike these new need for speeds etc prostreet, the run, most wanted! - loved playing this game, was so much fun!

Gran Turismo 5:
Well, this is the best game I have ever played so far, Graphics are absolutely sick, gameplay is excellent, still addicted to it, although I wish the crash physics were a lot better, and you could do a lot more customisation to japaneese cars!

First Person Shooters

Resistance Fall Of Man:
My very first game for the PlayStation 3, absolutley loved the online, played it as I was never insterested in its story mode, but online was so fun! Everyone was talking about the best positions on the map, talking about tactics and talking to eachother about what's happening in there base, by far was one of the best online community games by far! My favourite was - Somerset Capture the flag - brings back good memorys! Would live to rewind time to play it all over again, anyway then me and a friend played the story co-op on Christmas eve! Was amazing!

Resistance 2:
The second installment from RFoM - first of all, Graphics for this game are absolutely unreal! Sick sick sick! Physics of the water are amazing! (Shoot the water if you have it)! 60player on line, amazing co-op, this game was amazing, I loved it, my friend who I completed the first Resistance with, we used to play this game online for about 8 hours straight, ranking up, talking to everyone having. a laugh, - it's a must buy! Just for the story and graphics it really will blow your mind!

Resistance 3:
Well, first things first, without Nathen Hale, I thought this would suck, although, the story mode was good, graphics were a lot better, and R2s graphics were sick, although this story was great, the online sucked! Was dissapointed but its still a must buy!

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare:
The best Call of Duty ever made, alongside World at War, yea that's right I loved this game! Absolutely addicted to it I was! Used to play it from 8pm till 8am with friends online, brilliant! Graphics and gameplay are by far the best realbistic shooter, all other call of dutys made are full of 11 year olds trying to hack, glitch, and bi**ch! - anyway, the other cods have nothing on 4 and world at war, and never will! :D actually bought call of duty 4 again yesterday and I haven't stopped playing it!

Battlefield Bad Company 1 & battlefield 3:
Don't have much to say, but what a he'll of two fun games! Gun sounds are amazing! Such a fun game online but never played the story! Graphics are great although a bit cartoon like, amazing sounds! Loved playing this!

My favourite game of all time on the PlayStation 3 is Grand Theft Auto IV and it's stories!

Although, the PlayStation 4 I would Luke to see a Resistance 4 with Nathen Hale back, Gran Turismo 6, and a new uncharted! A well better PSHome, more apps, etc, the list never ends!

Ps (The Last of us) - the new installment after uncharted is yet to be realeased so thatll be great aswell!

A fullblooded Resistance fan ey? ;)

Not many of those around anymore. FoM is such a great game. I don't know how they did it, but it really kicks ass to this day and is so much fun to play.

Alltidxx

Not many of those around anymore. FoM is such a great game. I don't know how they did it, but it really kicks ass to this day and is so much fun to play.

My mrs and I love playing the resistance games.

Mind you she is a fan of any coop game.

Alltidxx

I'm a true resistance fan, I love it, I wish they brought out a resistance 4!

all other call of dutys made are full of 11 year olds trying to hack, glitch

When was the last time you played Modern Warfare? I watched my brother play it recently (which, by the way, motivated me to get it on PC, only I can't get PunkBuster to let me actually play) and within about three games he had his rank maxed out. By the end of the night he hit level 45, then 10th prestige, then had it reset back to first prestige level 1, then had it maxed out to level 45 10th prestige but with everything locked! Also he got put in a zombie mode lobby at least three times, had the colour of his name changed repeatedly, his clan tag changed in pretty much every game and for one round his actual name was changed. He was known as [LOL] gary for about five minutes until my PS3 crashed.

Good thing he doesn't play regularly, really, I know I wouldn't put up with that.

On topic:

GT5
Wipeout HD
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
All of the Metal Gears
Borderlands

That's all I really remember, I only really dabble in TTT2 every now and then these days since I migrated to PC.

Action/Adventure Fallout 3 + New Vegas / Uncharted 2
Racing Wipeout HD / NFS:Shift
First Person Shooter Medal Of Honor
Sport is stupid

neema_t
When was the last time you played Modern Warfare? I watched my brother play it recently (which, by the way, motivated me to get it on PC, only I can't get PunkBuster to let me actually play) and within about three games he had his rank maxed out. By the end of the night he hit level 45, then 10th prestige, then had it reset back to first prestige level 1, then had it maxed out to level 45 10th prestige but with everything locked! Also he got put in a zombie mode lobby at least three times, had the colour of his name changed repeatedly, his clan tag changed in pretty much every game and for one round his actual name was changed. He was known as [LOL] gary for about five minutes until my PS3 crashed.

Good thing he doesn't play regularly, really, I know I wouldn't put up with that.

On topic:

GT5
Wipeout HD
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
All of the Metal Gears
Borderlands

That's all I really remember, I only really dabble in TTT2 every now and then these days since I migrated to PC.

I only play COD4 because people with hacks are seperated from genuine players, different servers I think now - but it's great lol, my we cousin is hacking in the brain, does my head in

The usuals will already be here so I won't mention them.

Will mention FIFA though,this generation EA's baby was stunning by far the best footballing game.

Driver SF somehow made me love a feature that is so new and innovating really great game this.

Need for speed HP3 was very fun

Hoping to add Sly Cooper to the list as I will be getting it shortly.

Finally Batman Arkham Asylum and City ,Finally a comic book super hero game done right

Well my favourite titles for the PS3 are:

Sport: FIFA 07-13, FIFA STREET
Racing: Gran Turismo 5, ModNation Racers
FPS: Call of Duty 4 (though mainly I play it on PC, still do), Battlefield 3 (though i've barely tried it, due to love playing it on PC)
Other: Little Big Planet 1-2, Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean

I don't have PS3 anymore, but my favourite titles was:
Action /Adventure: Yakuza 4, Red Dead Redemption
Racing: GT5prologue, Grid, Blur.
RPG: Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Oblivion, Fallout 3.
FPS: Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Resistance 2.
Other: Jet Set Radio, Portal.

Racing : F1 2012 - very good wheel feedback, good graphics,good sound and pretty realistic AI. Can really hurt your brain when you have to race and the sametime change your tire strategy.

DIRT2 - not the most realistic racer out there and by many considered one of the worst rally games of all time. But for me it was : very decent handling model, good car selection, amazing graphics especially at the malasian stages and tons of 'Ken Block over the top style fun!'

First Person Shooter :
Battlefield Bad company 2 - not as wide or as realistic as BF3 but it had a very nice singleplayer and the multiplayer was just awesome!

Action/Adventure: Minecraft
Racing: WipEout HD Fury, Shift 2: Unleashed, GT6, Racedriver: Grid.
Shooter: Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Back