Your first car (r/l)?

• Thread starter Tcdoe
  • 18 comments
Finland
Finland
tsukudoe
Please tell me about your first cars people, and post pics of them if you have any.. I'm sure we'll see a lot of different cars!

My first one was a Volkswagen Golf GTI 16V '89.. Dammit I miss that car :(
I don't have any decent pics of it but I'll a post a few bad quality pics of it.. It was lowered a lot, had std 14" and small bumpers.. A real old-skool looker :) It looked quite brutal coming at you on the road because of the lowering (about one inch from the front bumper to the road) :)

golf1.jpg

i was going to start a thread along this but I thought it would be good to know what cars we have owned these must be all road regestered and drivable

1. 1961 Holden Ek sedan
2. 1966 Morris 1100
3. 1966 Holden HR sedan
4. 1976 Toyota Corolla sedan
5. 1975 Valiant VJ wagon ( 265 4 speed... rare)
6. 1976 Toyota Corona sedan
7. 1973 Valiant Sedan (318 V8)
8. 1971 Ford Cortina sedan
9. 1971 Valiant Regal Sedan 265
10.1976 Toyota Corolla sedan ( yes another one)
11.1975 Ford XB Gs wagon 302 V8
12.1980 Madza 626 sedan
13.1982 Honda Vigor sedan
14.1986 Mitsubishi Magna SE sedan
15.1986 Mitsubishi Express MWB van
16.1989 Nissan Skyline wagon
17.1991 Ford EB fairmont wagon
18.1999 Ford Transit Van LWB
19.1981 Ford XD Gs wagon
20.1989 Jaguar XJ series 3 V12 (current)
21.2001 Ford Transit Van LWB (current)

hows that for a list anybody match it

Ok, here's mine (it's kinda short..)..

1. 1989 Golf (as seen above)
2. 1986 Saab 9000 Turbo (getting rid of it)
3. ?

Originally posted by jag_man_v12
4. 1976 Toyota Corolla sedan

Ah - the very vehicle I commenced car ownership with. It was called 'Barney', after the late Dr Christian Barnard (I put a new 1300 in it, and Barnard performed the first heart transplant).

I do miss that little car - the 1300 was warmed up (they were an 1100 standard), we put a 5 speed in it, and some decent shocks - it was a hoot to drive, especially in the wet - you could drive it sideways with one hand (the other was needed for frequent gear changes).

After that, I ran a mate's late '60's Mazda wagon (the model that looked like a Triumph Dolomite) for a couple of months.

I then bought a 1988 Mitsubishi Magna wagon - a manual EFI that I managed to find 15 inch Elite wheels for - I gave it to Mum who had it up until she passed away - doing it up to give to a family member.

I met my partner, and when we moved to Sydney we picked up a new '98 Holden Vectra CD sedan.

We updated last year to the big blue super Sube, an '01 Subaru Liberty RX. As with all my cars, it is a manual.

Once we acheive a few financial goals, I want to get an early '70s BMW 3.0s sedan to do up. Not holding my breath on that one...

the first 76 corolla was my wifes she owned it before i met her so it came with her the second one had that later model motor in it went real good for a corolla I could get wheel spin out off 1st 2nd and 3rd

1971 Chevrolet Impala w/ 2 12" Targas juiced to a 400 watt amp lead by a Pioneer in dash cd player....W/ Surbaburn rally rims all they way around (the regular subarban rims)

I was a pimpin.....lol....not!

Originally posted by jag_man_v12
damm forgot one I had a 1973 toyota corolla as well fits in between 6 and 7 so thats a total of 22 cars

My first car was a 1972 Toyota Corolla Deluxe. It even had air-conditioning... :D It was originally that Nasty
yellow-orange Toyota color, later painted a 1987 Firebird Grey. It had 356,000 miles on it before it finally died.

My first was a 1984 Mustang, 3.8L V6. Bought it for $1900, and it had 70K on the ticker at the time. White on red.

Actually a very smooth car, everything on it was in great shape. The motor had some good low end torque but the car was by no means a road rocket.

Drove great, no major problems. Good transmission and engine. I really miss that car, as it was my first and came to a violent end :(

My first car was actually a truck.... It was a 1980 model Chevrolet LUV. Anyone familiar with that? It had the little Isuzu 4 banger in it. It was fixed up nice, no dents, painted, new bumper on the front all chromed, and even was Carolina Blue... :P

I started to work on it myself, fixing the interior up and keeping the outside looking good. I will have to find a picture and scan to post here. I did have that 4 banger chunked, I found a Chevy 305 to put in it. It really screamed then. I can list what I have had since then, but it's not too long of a list. There aren't any "performance" cars though......sadly enough.... :(

My first car was a 1991 Acura Legend 4 door 220 hp V6 black with black leather interior, my second car will be my dad's current 1994 Acura Legend Coupe with 240hp tan with tan leather interior, i'm gonna put a cold air intake in his and a single turbo charger, HKS and a 15" sub in the tunk!

Back