Your First Game (As a Fan or as a Player)

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
GTPlanet, why don't we get to share our love of football by sharing experiences.

Last year was my first-ever football game. It was a SWAC meeting between the Prairie View A&M Panthers, and the Southern Jaguars. It was also the first time I had been into Reliant Stadium. Reliant Stadium is usually home to the NFL's youngest franchise, the Houston Texans. But for one beautiful Saturday night, it was a match between Prairie View A&M of Prairie View, TX, and the Southern Jaguars of Baton Rouge, LA. I had a chance to get to see the amount of intensity and the feeling that a game can change at any moment. My brother and I kind of arrived late. But as we were getting into Reliant Stadium, Southern scored a touchdown and hit the PAT to make it 7-0. As the game wore on, I heard the bands go to work as well as hearing the fans cheer on their favorite team. Since this was a SWAC game, there is one very special element to these games and to most all forms of Black College Football- Battle of the Bands. I'm telling you. The college atmosphere is amazing. Southern's band hit it off against PVAMU's band. Prairie View won, and that's ALL they won as they lost to Southern 42-12. Best play was a field goal kick that hit the left upright, bounced back on the field, and Southern (I believe) ran the ball almost to the other end zone.

All in all, it's a great experience. I want to try to see the game between Rice at Houston, here locally in Houston, TX. Rice and Houston are bitter crosstown rivals. They play annually for the Bayou Bucket. Last year, Houston lost a close one to Rice. Now the game will be on tap November 26th. That's a day after the Lone Star Showdown (Texas vs. Texas A&M).

Care to talk about your first game? Remember, you can talk about your first-ever game as being a spectator in the stands, or actually playing the game on the gridiron. So, go forth with your reply.

ok, my FIRST game i've experienced was at the lame Candlestick Park, (now Monster park) where i was lucklily able to see my Rams duke it out with the 49ers. I wore my Rams jersey, and my dad was nice enough to wear a Niners hat :mad: . We got good enough seats, but still overcrazed 49ers fans are everywhere being B***Hes. At the start of the game, tragedy struck. The niners scored on a kickoff return. As my first experience, i started to get teary eyed :) . First time i actually had to say "SHUT UP" to the 49ers fans. Oddly i forgot the rest of the game, but what i do know is of a memorable experience...

DURING HALFTIME I WANTED TO USE THE BATHROOM AND I GOT DISSED OFF BY A 33-yr old NINERS FAN. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Well the rest of the game was ok, i even got to see my man T.HOLT score on a TD pass :) but overall i finally experienced home-field advantage.
that's my first. :)

Back