Your Greatest Online Racing Moments (Shout Outs)

  • Thread starter Thread starter highlifeGT
  • 6 comments
  • 730 views

How hard is it for you to find racers at your skill level in GT5


  • Total voters
    10
  • Poll closed .
Messages
200
Messages
JimmyLoops
Just thought I'd start a thread for people who've had some intense racing moments, and feel like reminiscing about em, and giving props, recognition, (or whatever you call it these days) to their fellow competitors.

It can be hard to find a good, clean, competitive race online sometimes, but when you do find one, it can get epic real F-in quick. haha.

post up!
 
I've had a few

One particular one was I was racing my Raybrig NSX at the nurburgring 2 lap race spun on the first lap and twice on the second still came through to win after a drag race to the final chicane where the leader spun after touching the grass, I came through to win.

Did a couple of real good overtakes on the way aswell. Replay saved aswell
 
I'm loving the online experience now I know what to look for in a lobby.

My favourite races are generally in low hp lobbys with a bunch of people from all around the globe who are interested in the racing rather than purely the winning. It's great fun when there is 16 different cars on the grid, each with different strengths and weaknesses and the racing is fast, frenetic and 'touring car clean'.

Best so far was probably the racing only this weekend, I was in a public lobby with a couple of people I have met through GT5 online with an active and attentive host and it quickly filled with another dozen similarly minded people. The bhp limits were changing often (but with a set range) along with kg regs so there was an excellent variety of machinery showcased.

And do you know what, in every lap of every race there was more 'touring car clean' overtaking than in a whole season of F1 and very few complaints about poor sportsmanship! Awesome.

Racing like that makes for a great evening for sure. I spent more hours than is strictly healthy absolutely engrossed, indeed if I hadn't looked up at the clock and seen it was 4am I'd probably have played through til sun up.....
 
manuria_lover61 and myself had a awesome race at the race two nights ago. 2 laps finished within half second. He was on my bumper the entire race and never touched me. Was an excellent race. He was in Jag LM Car, I was in Audi R8 LMS. Then he turned around and did a 6:06 in a CLK touring car so I had to go pout in the corner lmao.

Overall I have about 5 people that can run the speeds I can and race clean.....thats out of several hundred met lol. I have more than are good to race with and nice to talk to but lack speed....which makes no difference
 
I raced against toolo4sno in formula gran turismo a few nights ago. Extremely competetive and clean races...and thats suprising for those cars, which normaly seperate themselves far apart overtime due to the high hp, and different driving levels!
 
Some Saudi noob an X1 spun me at start of a 13 car GT LM race at Monza. My 908 recovered to 3rd, 0.1 seconds ahead of the next guy ahead of the saudi kamikaze. Next race... Merc SLS 1-make at the ring, 3rd, top 5 covered by 5 seconds.
 
My greatest online race so far was last Friday night in the 'Concours Club', a race series ran from here. It was 30 laps of wheel to wheel racing and me and 2nd place were only seperated by a couple of tenths at the end of it. I'd like to shout out to everyone involved for the great racing and considerate driving.

Here's a highlight video of the race in the series thread:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170787&page=5#post4769309
 
Back