Your GT3 tunes

• Thread starter Vaxxtx
  • 19 comments
United States
San Antonio Tex
Vaxxtx
Vaxxtx
Since I am just now getting into the GT3 part of the game online and offline, I have hit a roadblock.

I have been able to tune the cars to be pretty stable so far in the game (sans the MK1 works VW...still working on it), but cannot get a GT3 car tuned to control well.

I am using DFGT: 50% steering sens, 420 lock, 0 speed sens.

I tried the Porche, R8, and the Lambo. Spent a few hours last night doing nothing but tuning. I am having an issue with the straits, and WAY too much sliding around corners. My usual tunings for these issues have not seemed to work. Can anyone suggest how to fix these issues:

1. Still major weaving on straits. Seems the FF goes totally limp on a huge deadzone in the middle. (might be a FF issues and not tuning?)

2. Cornering on high or low speed I am almost power sliding and having to overcorrect on every turn.

For some reason D,C,B,A, and even works cars have not been this hard to get under control. I did try the Renown Tuning suggestions to some extent, but still not working for me.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

What GT3 cars have you been trying? the ones I tried were quite stable... stock tunning.
Exept maybe the R8 and the Lambo... I dont remember how the corvette handled though... have you got any deadzone values? I use 0% deadzone with no issues

What GT3 cars have you been trying? the ones I tried were quite stable... stock tunning.
Exept maybe the R8 and the Lambo... I dont remember how the corvette handled though... have you got any deadzone values? I use 0% deadzone with no issues

Porche, R8, and Lambo. Deadzone is at 1%.

Try deadzone to 0. BTW the lambo, Ford, astonishing martin :) R8, Porsche and Z4 handle very well from stock.

Tuned they're even better. The vette is slow as hell and a nightmare stock but ok after tune. I need to get back to the alpina.

Since I am just now getting into the GT3 part of the game online and offline, I have hit a roadblock.

I have been able to tune the cars to be pretty stable so far in the game (sans the MK1 works VW...still working on it), but cannot get a GT3 car tuned to control well.

I am using DFGT: 50% steering sens, 420 lock, 0 speed sens.

I tried the Porche, R8, and the Lambo. Spent a few hours last night doing nothing but tuning. I am having an issue with the straits, and WAY too much sliding around corners. My usual tunings for these issues have not seemed to work. Can anyone suggest how to fix these issues:

1. Still major weaving on straits. Seems the FF goes totally limp on a huge deadzone in the middle. (might be a FF issues and not tuning?)

2. Cornering on high or low speed I am almost power sliding and having to overcorrect on every turn.

For some reason D,C,B,A, and even works cars have not been this hard to get under control. I did try the Renown Tuning suggestions to some extent, but still not working for me.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Check out the Renown Tuning Unleashed thread it has a rune for all the GT3 cars.

Yeah I did.

I was at my mobile on my first answer so I now I like to complete it.

When I got to GT3 the game wasn't quite like after v1.02 patch and I felt the same way. This last patch made everything better but the stock settings can always improve. However, even after a good tune those cars seem to slide and coming out of the corners like that makes it difficult to keep it right on the straights.

What I thought was, I needed to improve my driving skills. So I started to make the turns slowly and progressively faster until I turn-in to late and start sliding.

By now, there's NO way I can be faster sliding because I always need time to recover to a clean line. I was just pushing too much

I rather spend some time trying to find a faster line around the track than push a car through the corners sliding. Driving this way its not only faster but keeps your car inline with the track at corner exits meaning you don't need to constantly adjust and avoid weaving.

I know it seems the corner exits sometimes seem like we're going slow so we tend to push it and that's bad politics.

I did not try every car in the game yet but so far, to me, this is the way to go. A bit of tire screeching is OK, slide it'll cost you.

The exception to this rule are the fast works cars... those things slide if a fly touches the throttle... It'll be the last thing to do in this game for me (but before drifting, if ever :D )

I hope it works for you too or any other in the same situation.

I'm a PS3/G27 user.

Personal preference, and I play with a controller, but I quick them all very similar-

In order of the quick tune settings;
-Steering lock down.
-Bump up a bit more towards speed (to compensate for the added downforce).
-More towards understeer
-CRANK the downforce, some I max it out. That gives it the added grip that I think GT cars should already have.

BTW, try turning up your Speed Sensitivity setting. Setting it lower adds twitchiness to turning, it makes every car way too easy to start sliding. I thought it was the opposite, lower number means less sensitive at high speeds. Not so, what it means is the lower the value, the less controller or wheel input you need to make a difference in turning. Having it set to zero means it'll be twitchy and very easy to get that sway back and forth on long straights. I have my Steering Sensitvity set to 33% and the Speed Sensitivity to 100%. Makes them much more stable IMO.

I had the same issue with Shift 1. Played the entire time with both set at 0. Slid all over the damn place. A sim racer "educated" me on that and it made a WORLD of difference. It does in this game too.

I prefer understeer, and try to get the cars to handle similar to Race Pro, hence the lower steering lock and more understeer.

Good luck, once you get the GT cars dialed in, they're an absolute blast.
By far my favorite disciplines.

Last edited:
I'm curious, what about my tunes didn't work for you?
I tried the Ford GT, and still kept losing strait lines. The Porche was the same story. I chalk it up to my bad driving, not your tunea. BUT, I did try the R8, and really liked it. Its my new tune for that. Thanks much.

Vaxxtx
I tried the Ford GT, and still kept losing strait lines. The Porche was the same story. I chalk it up to my bad driving, not your tunea. BUT, I did try the R8, and really liked it. Its my new tune for that. Thanks much.

You should try out the Corvette.

What I thought was, I needed to improve my driving skills. So I started to make the turns slowly and progressively faster until I turn-in to late and start sliding.

By now, there's NO way I can be faster sliding because I always need time to recover to a clean line. I was just pushing too much

I rather spend some time trying to find a faster line around the track than push a car through the corners sliding. Driving this way its not only faster but keeps your car inline with the track at corner exits meaning you don't need to constantly adjust and avoid weaving.

I know it seems the corner exits sometimes seem like we're going slow so we tend to push it and that's bad politics.

I did not try every car in the game yet but so far, to me, this is the way to go. A bit of tire screeching is OK, slide it'll cost you.

So Rom You've got me scared until here...last night I was taking back(You know I had to:P) my retro record with the Lancia @Oschersleben-what a slide fest- and was thinking:
"Mmm this time was made without sliding???:scared:
Well when he realizes the fastest way around this track is sliding through every corner,I'm not so sure I will be able to take this record back":dopey:

The exception to this rule are the fast works cars... those things slide if a fly touches the throttle... It'll be the last thing to do in this game for me (but before drifting, if ever :D )

Than I read this sentence and was more relieved...it's a works Lancia we're talking about.;)

For the works cars I think the principle still applies but instead of no slide, one needs to slide for the least amount of time possible. I can slide a car around a corner; I just don't like it.

Anyway, I won't change my driving style (if I ever had one). Besides its difficult to maintain a line while sliding and it really narrows the margin for errors. Not good for me because I do mess thing up quite often :D

I was only joking with You...:sly:
I also prefer the slow in fast out strategy, the physics model feels more solid that way.But the truth is that in order to take some Autolog records, at the moment that was the one I had more present, I have to drive like crazy and break late, control the slide through the corner-not drift just slide under throttle-and exit the apex flat out.
It's not realistic...but I can't say it isn't fun!:D

I was only joking with You...:sly:
I also prefer the slow in fast out strategy, the physics model feels more solid that way.But the truth is that in order to take some Autolog records, at the moment that was the one I had more present, I have to drive like crazy and break late, control the slide through the corner-not drift just slide under throttle-and exit the apex flat out.
It's not realistic...but I can't say it isn't fun!:D

Dont start with that :ouch:

kidding :D I wont start it again, sorry ;)

Back