Your holiday diet.

• Thread starter milefile
  • 9 comments
Am I the only one who gained weight in the past week? Since the losing-weight part of my diet ended a few months ago I've been holding steady at a weight I'm happy with, and toning up. Then Christmas came. It started with the bread pudding and apple pie. Then came the fudge and cookies, the chocolate covered macadamia nuts, the Belgian chocolates, the caramel corn and cinnamon toasted almonds, on and on ad nauseum. My mother-in-law seems to think all I ever do is eat since all she got me for Christmas was junk food.

So my Monday morning weekly weigh-in was this morning and much to my horror I've gained four or five pounds! The worst part is that most of the junk food remains to be eaten. I haven't even opened the Hickory Farms stuff! I want to bring a lot of it to work and give it away but my wife won't let me. She seems to think I should be able to just not eat the stuff, and feels guilty since most of it came from her mom. If I'm not going to eat it then I say don't even have it around.

I guess I'm not too upset about it since I pretty much planned on gaining a few pounds over the holidays. I mean, that's part of it, all that yummy food you don't eat any other time of the year. But I plan to loose the four or five pounds within two weeks. Did anyone else get a little gift from Mr. Calorie?

I put on about a kilo, but wasn't worried about it as I knew I'd be pretty full swing into marathon training literally Xmas day. I've already lost the weight, and another half kilo (got a target weight for my next marathon in April).

I don't even know where the scale in our house is, in all honesty... I haven't used it in the past several years (I know when the doctor tells me). Nonetheless, track season's coming up, so that'll cut down on anything I might've gained. :)

Yeah? I got one of those neato ones that gives the body fat reading via the electric dealies in the scale. I try and take a reading every day.

It's really interesting seeing the lag in the effect on weight of my long runs. I do my long run on Sunday, and will often see a dip in weight on Tuesday or Wednesday following. I was chatting to a mate of mine who's pretty heavily into the nutrition side said that calorie deficits take two to three days to show up on the scales.

i put on a pound or two over the past month, but that will come off as soon as i get my bike up and running again and brace those cold winter nights and lonley sundays in the hills, i am back on my regular high carb low fat diet during the week of cereal and pastas...its boring sometimes but i feel the benefits all the time when i am out with the boys, the fast guys on thier road bikes hitting 150km's in one afternoon...i wouldnt be able to keep up if i ate burgers and pretzels all day....

i can lose one pound in one week easily...

I'm not really skinny people tell me. I see myself as a poll though. You guys know what I look like, what do you guys think?

I'm going to eat more though. I need something to spend my paychecks on anyway.

Latest Posts

Back