- 3,587
Okay I'm not asking for buying advice, already got one. Just wondering to get some insight into what people think ideal wheel setups are and how they help you improve.
What wheel do you like the best and what do you think is ideal about it? Do you own that wheel or still saving or a pipe dream? What's lacking about it? If you recently bought it, have your lap times improved? How does it improve over your last setup?
I like above almost all others on the market right now the G25. More than the G27. Reason being is that I am heavy into realism and the G25 allows the following:
Switch sides of shifter for euro/American cars
paddles
sequential or h-pattern
GT5 button setup works great for me (flashy lights and rear view is really all I'll ever need on a wheel)
For me realism is more important than winning. Even if I'm slower with a clutch and gears that are easy to miss without all that internal car motion and gearing to feel your way through the shift pattern. I'll always place it on the correct side also. Left hand shift always in euro cars.
A HUGE difference over my old PS2 wheel (Driving Force Pro), in every way, and not different enough from G27 to me to give up sequential option. Sorry but rev lights are cool but a bit gimmicky and not needed with plenty of in-game indications.
Also other wheels are way too expensive or not my style. Luckly I got mine for $150 from a guy on craigs list tested it out and bought it as fast as I could get the moolah out of my pocket.
So how about you guys? Thoughts?
Sorry if this is the wrong spot or discussed already, but I'm not asking which wheel I should buy just what features people think an ideal wheel gives them to help their advantage.
Oh, also this is GT5 SPECIFIC. I'm asking what wheels you use for GT5 only.
What wheel do you like the best and what do you think is ideal about it? Do you own that wheel or still saving or a pipe dream? What's lacking about it? If you recently bought it, have your lap times improved? How does it improve over your last setup?
I like above almost all others on the market right now the G25. More than the G27. Reason being is that I am heavy into realism and the G25 allows the following:
Switch sides of shifter for euro/American cars
paddles
sequential or h-pattern
GT5 button setup works great for me (flashy lights and rear view is really all I'll ever need on a wheel)
For me realism is more important than winning. Even if I'm slower with a clutch and gears that are easy to miss without all that internal car motion and gearing to feel your way through the shift pattern. I'll always place it on the correct side also. Left hand shift always in euro cars.
A HUGE difference over my old PS2 wheel (Driving Force Pro), in every way, and not different enough from G27 to me to give up sequential option. Sorry but rev lights are cool but a bit gimmicky and not needed with plenty of in-game indications.
Also other wheels are way too expensive or not my style. Luckly I got mine for $150 from a guy on craigs list tested it out and bought it as fast as I could get the moolah out of my pocket.
So how about you guys? Thoughts?
Sorry if this is the wrong spot or discussed already, but I'm not asking which wheel I should buy just what features people think an ideal wheel gives them to help their advantage.
Oh, also this is GT5 SPECIFIC. I'm asking what wheels you use for GT5 only.