Your Most Memorable / Fave GT5:P Series Race or Challenge

• Thread starter Kinetic
  • 22 comments
Serbia
Stoke-on-Trent
Dorontic
KinetiClutch
Got to be S-7, only have i just managed to Gold it with my DFGT on Professional..

Love Fuji and then to have it with the best cars on the game its awesome...

It's so challenging and to nail it felt so rewarding to me.

So before GT5 is released whats yours :)

C-9 Eiger Nordwand is most fun. Most rewarding is 2 in S-7 and 3rd in S-10.

I do have to disagree though, I hate Fuji.

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of online races I'm really liking the Expert PP550 RWD race at Suzuka using the Honda NSX Type R, its probably impossible to do a clean lap with a joy pad but with a steering wheel its brilliant, just be easy on the accelerator through corners, a bit of counter steering occasionaly...loads of fun!

Hey Kinetic I'm not far from you, I'm near Uttoxeter.

Last edited:
Yea.. :) thanks for the input.

add me to the psn when you can im up for some online races, im pretty poor really though but should be fun

Offline, not really many, I rushed through it pretty quickly to get into the online expert events. I have had good races offline, but the AI doesn't really provide the great races I had online.

Online though:
Tuner's showdown - racing the Swifts, Vipers and Tuned Vipers was a lot of fun and it was interesting to race against different tunes with different strengths.

Inter-forum race - If I remember right it was between GTP, GTRP, GT5net and TeamGT. Each forum raced a specific colour and we were split into different groups and raced at different times. I remember it didn't work completely to plan, with many drivers ending up in the wrong races, etc. But the week building up to the main races was the best week of racing I ever had in this game. Drivers from all 4 forums were practicing at the same track and PP combination through the week and I had a lot of fun.
Just found the thread - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107290

The races I organised as "Cup's" in co-ordination with the tuners showdown proved to be loads of fun too, specifically the Swift Cup.

The last event I remember a large amount of participants quite regularly was possibly either the Race of Champions event or the Dutch Custom's 350Z meeting. Since those I've never had a full week of entertainment as the amount of people still playing has steadily declined.

I look forward to these types of events returning for GT5. Especially long series or championship type stuff like the tuners showdown, it was great to practice through the week working with the main tuners on perfecting setups and also racing against other participants. Not to mention running some 1-2s with my teammate and so on. All good fun.

When I golded my last race. I think it was in the A class when you have to overtake everyone in one lap with an F430 on Daytona Road. It was not long after I got my wheel. :D I was really struggling with the controller.

Online though:
Tuner's showdown - racing the Swifts, Vipers and Tuned Vipers was a lot of fun and it was interesting to race against different tunes with different strengths.

Thats mine, more specifically for me the Vipers on Fuji where I single handedly took the fight to DC's 4 man team (possibly you included Ardius) as a lone driver racing for L-tune (J-Pap didn't make it in at least 3 of the races possibly all 4), not only that but to come away with the most wins and most points from the PAL division against guys like Timppaq, that was my finest hour and I was geniunely gutted after my stellar performance was to waste when the NTSC side let me down. Infact I very nearly had a clean sweep until I was cut short on my charge in a racing incident with a DC driver. That for me as someone who relies on racecraft over outright speed was a truly monumental result which I haven't really matched since.

Beyond that was the GTLM 800 HSR Garage Showdown, driving for DRT I managed to take the most wins in the entire event and with the help of DRT owner Ravenmaven managed to dominate against stiff competition again in the form of the legendary Timppaq and co. Although Timppaq was likely, as was Raven and likely other drivers to, faster lap per lap, my ability to slice through the slower drivers without letting up allowed me often to take an early lead and stay there to the entire race whilst the rest of the chasing pack fought a current of drivers outside of the event. The icing on the cake for this one was that I was one of few using the sixaxis, with the venomous GTLM as my vehicle this was a tough task indeed but I pulled through good and it felt great.

Since then I've began to lose interest in the racing side of things, focusing on drifting and other pursuits which generally don't see me online much, although I feel I would easily be outclassed by many of you full time drivers now.

^I remember that, though I think for those Viper Fuji races I got caught up in traffic most of the time. (I seem to be weak at Fuji when running in traffic, not my best circuit).
In the Viper/Tuned Suzuka races though, the best race I remember was blowing the competition away with Hyper and finishing a 1-2 for Dutch Customs.
The most competitive though was always the Swifts, because anyone could drive them fast and the different setups made a much more noticable difference. It was also loads of fun because with slower cars you can run closer to each other and it was basically like Touring Cars :lol: Lots of 3-side-by-side action, overtaking gallore and some very close finishes.

^I remember that, though I think for those Viper Fuji races I got caught up in traffic most of the time. (I seem to be weak at Fuji when running in traffic, not my best circuit).
In the Viper/Tuned Suzuka races though, the best race I remember was blowing the competition away with Hyper and finishing a 1-2 for Dutch Customs.
The most competitive though was always the Swifts, because anyone could drive them fast and the different setups made a much more noticable difference. It was also loads of fun because with slower cars you can run closer to each other and it was basically like Touring Cars :lol: Lots of 3-side-by-side action, overtaking gallore and some very close finishes.

I'll second this. The Swifts are always the races that I remember best as the racing was absolutely brilliant, and it was amusing how so many of us were able to beat people in theoretically faster cars just because the Swifts were set up so well.

I don't race much online at the moment (I've gone back to GT4 for the time being) but when GT5 eventually arrives with private rooms you can guarantee I'll be organising some hot hatch or Kei car races 👍 Can't beat side-to-side action all the way around the s-curves at Suzuka...

The other online races that I enjoyed a lot were the BMW Z4 ones at London. I pretty much perfected racing that car at that circuit. It was on the edge of oversteer all the time but that meant it could carry ridiculous speed through the sweeping turns, so much so that I had no trouble reeling in Evos despite their traction advantage. I seem to remember racing you once or twice in those cars, Ardius?

Yup, that was another short-lived event that was a lot of fun. Such a shame too because London is an amazing track for lower class cars when there's no punters.
This is why I look forward to the likes of Monaco so much - imagine that online :drool:

I reckon if we had had Eiger in Expert events back then it would have been just as fun and popular as well - another shame we never got to race it with large numbers.

Yeah, I can imagine Eiger being a lot of fun in a proper race with no punters. Especially in something rear-drive... perhaps the BMW 1-Series or similar. I have mental images of sixteen cars all sideways through each corner...

Couldnt agree more. The Swift racing was sensational and proves the theory that the cars dont have to be monsters to provide excellent racing.

From what Im reading here there would be some interest in reviving one last tuners showdown maybe PP550 at Suzuka ?

Fuji,long time ago.Stock Vette/GT-R/F430.Again please.

Oh yeah, this too 👍 I remember some good races in that event at High Speed Ring. Used to love using the Corvette as it had the best acceleration and speed but the worst handling and always started at the back. So it was fun to battle through the field of F430s (barely anyone used the GT-R I seem remember).

Couldnt agree more. The Swift racing was sensational and proves the theory that the cars dont have to be monsters to provide excellent racing.

From what Im reading here there would be some interest in reviving one last tuners showdown maybe PP550 at Suzuka ?

I would certainly be interested.

some really good and intriguing posts.. Feel a bit gutted that i missed alot of this online action, will make a big effort to get into it for GT5 though.

My top lap at suzuka in online time trials,around 1.28 something.

Getting gold in s-7 and s-10 with tuned viper,corvette,clio,111R,blitz,mine's,ford test car and amuse s2000 is the another milestone for me which I'll never forget.Overtaking 16 cars with the f40 is also a memorable race.

Offline I'd have to say since getting the wheel, all of the Eiger Nordwand events have been superb fun on pro physics. Racing around Eiger forward in a fully tuned Lotus Evora with the wheel in my first week was one of th emost exhilarating experiences in GT5P so far. I also thoroughly enjoyed the BMW M3 Eiger reverse TT on pro, think i even managed gold on that in pro. However the only one I saved a replay of was the F40 event, that felt like a massive achievement.

Online, nothing for me has come close to 750PP at Suzuka for full grids, intense competition and just pure maniac fun.

Custom events, I'd have to say the T&L Star Wars races were great :D

All the best
Maz

I enjoyed the Inter Forum Time Trial Championship (the races I did). And I also enjoyed the competition that I ran, "Enhance Your Skills". These are of course Time Trial competitions. But for online racing, I liked the Ferrari Challenge at Fuji last November and also general racing with the guys from Southern Cross Racing. Those are my favourite moments on GT5:P.👍

There was an all open PP650 (i think) event on Fuji F about a month after EU release. That was my absolute favourite. I drove Evo X /Tuned, Mines BNR34 and it was crowded races all the time! It was a real challenge to get to the higher positions.

For some funny reason, the RX-7 one-make race has been one of my favorites. Not easy, but not devilishly, hard like some events.

Back