Your opinion please...

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Your opinion please. Basically what I have done here is use share factory to use time bender x2 with smooth, compiled vid, then re-edited with time bender /2 (recreates the same speed with x4 smoothing, but x4 blurring). Net result, same speed video but smoothing and blurring to filter out the LAAAAG. Which looks better? Original or smoothed?

Yes this is just a test trying to correct a bad situation. Ideally PD would pull their finger out etc. etc.

Last edited:
I’m not gonna lie, I’m not really sure what lag you’re trying to filter out as I’ve never experienced any lag in this game. I honestly think the original unedited looked better, but I can’t help but be completely distracted by the blue/yellow BRZ every time I watch as I’ve also never experienced that craziness in this game either.

Lol fair doos.

How do you get no lag?? What system are you on? What isp? Up/down speed? Do you work for PD?

The world wants to know!

I'm not an expert, but from what I've experienced most of the lag you are seeing is x-play between the PS4 & PS5.
I haven't experienced the lag everyone talks about on my end, but I have seen what you are showing with the choppiness.

We have one leaguer who uses hillbilly highspeed (he named it) which causes him issues on the Ps5. I have Google Fiber
hardwired directly to PS5. My avg upload is 1.75GB / avg down is 1.82GB and usually 4ms ping or less.

Lol fair doos.

How do you get no lag?? What system are you on? What isp? Up/down speed? Do you work for PD?

The world wants to know!
Playing on PS5 with Wi-Fi. Been forever since I checked my actual down/upload speeds but my internet plan says up to 1GB download and from memory it’s actually about 70-75% of that during daytime hours which is usually when I play.

I always see lag on the Americas server. It's 9,000 km from Toronto to Buenos Aires, lag is unavoidable.

You can't fix lag by smoothing out the video. That looks more like jitter than lag. The game can compensate for steady lag, which you only notice at braking and acceleration (cars jumping back slightly when braking, then stalling on the apex as the acceleration info comes in late) You notice it at turn in as well when a car turns more sudden / sharper than normal.

This looks like the data is coming in in bursts instead of a steady stream. Since it looks like all the cars are doing the same thing, the problem is on your end. Try it hard wired or try a different router. My old wifi router had a hick-up like that every couple seconds, distracting but not a big problem. New wifi router and it's smooth again. I switched to a lan cable to get rid of the hickups, but my new wifi seems to be just as good. No more issues. (Using Netgear Orbi mesh wifi)

I upload a weekly video. I've noticed lag from one or two in the lobby, usually players far away from everyone else. The bulk of us are in NA so Europe and Australia get the short end, that's what it's felt like. Last 2-3 weeks. A bit smoother before that. Not perfect but pretty smooth.

Suggestion. Sometimes you get a smoother view from the Music replay, you can turn the music volume off if you want to edit it. But you do have to sit through it start to finish so knowing whats going to happen before it happens helps.

I always see lag on the Americas server. It's 9,000 km from Toronto to Buenos Aires, lag is unavoidable.

You can't fix lag by smoothing out the video. That looks more like jitter than lag. The game can compensate for steady lag, which you only notice at braking and acceleration (cars jumping back slightly when braking, then stalling on the apex as the acceleration info comes in late) You notice it at turn in as well when a car turns more sudden / sharper than normal.

This looks like the data is coming in in bursts instead of a steady stream. Since it looks like all the cars are doing the same thing, the problem is on your end. Try it hard wired or try a different router. My old wifi router had a hick-up like that every couple seconds, distracting but not a big problem. New wifi router and it's smooth again. I switched to a lan cable to get rid of the hickups, but my new wifi seems to be just as good. No more issues. (Using Netgear Orbi mesh wifi)
It's not an issue on GTS?

I am hard wired. 70Mb up 15Mb down. But I've been thinking about a new router...

We have players from all over the world on ps4 and ps5. All get this lag.

It's not an issue on GTS?

I am hard wired. 70Mb up 15Mb down. But I've been thinking about a new router...

We have players from all over the world on ps4 and ps5. All get this lag.
If your talking about lobby racing, then if you're the host, everyone will get your router glitches. However would be odd if a hard wired router produces that behavior. I've only seen it with my old wifi router.

@Famine knows better how GTS/GT7 lobby network operates. I'm not sure it it still uses one host or if it's a shared host system. (Everyone talking to the host or everyone talking everyone) If it's host/client, then if the host has a glitch in their router, everyone will be affected. If someone else is the host, then you will still see everyone glitching but the others should be glitch free to each other.

Or maybe it's just broken :/ I haven't raced in lobbies in GT7, in GTS it seemed to depend on the host but also on the players. Distance to the host and distance to each player. Lag could get quite bad with people from all over the world in the room.

One differece between GTS and GT7 I've noticed is in GTS a jumpy player would jump from start to finish. In GT7 often a player starts out jumpy but then smooths out after a few turns.

There's no pattern to it. That's probably what is most frustrating because you can't try and compensate for it yourself. I've been playing public lobbies for the last couple of hours and almost no lag. Maybe a bit occasionally for US players (I'm UK) bit soooooo much better than in that vid above (which is seems to be the norm for 4 out of 5 league races I've had).

Just did an accidental test for the lag...

I have been streaming every race but with the thought that streaming to YouTube @ 720p standard could be causing lag spikes or hogging too much bandwidth, I didn't stream the last race. Holy moly the lag was worse than ever. People were even teleporting through other players this time and that's a first. The lobbies are simply and clearly getting worse.

There was only 9 of us too (down from 16) due to people giving up with the lag and the uselessness of the lobbies. So it's not my router, not my isp, not my ps4 and not the number of people in the lobby.

It's PD being completely incompetent. Nothing more.

Just did an accidental test for the lag...

I have been streaming every race but with the thought that streaming to YouTube @ 720p standard could be causing lag spikes or hogging too much bandwidth, I didn't stream the last race. Holy moly the lag was worse than ever. People were even teleporting through other players this time and that's a first. The lobbies are simply and clearly getting worse.

There was only 9 of us too (down from 16) due to people giving up with the lag and the uselessness of the lobbies. So it's not my router, not my isp, not my ps4 and not the number of people in the lobby.

It's PD being completely incompetent. Nothing more.
Last Friday our lobby was back to normal. I ended up doing 2 videos.

There was a little gittering in the race with more players. You can see the lagging cars all gitter at the finish line like it was compensating. It's a tiny bit. The 2nd video of our Bonus race with less cars was very smooth.

Have you tried having somone else host? It would be worth the experiment. Sometimes it's an unrelated issue like Message Privacy settings and switching hosts could solve that.

Last edited:
I'm never the host. Just a participant. We've tried ps4 and ps5 users as hosts. Resetting the lobby before a race. Running with simpler weather. Turning wind off.

Just gets worse every week. Tbh I've given up. Thinking of switching to F1 2022 and the moment AC2 lands I'm jumping ship and I'll NEVER be back.

It's not just lobbies, 7 times yesterday I got thrown out of a daily race with obscure error codes. And all day trouble with Argentinians, too far away to have a stable connection to me in Canada. So tiring to race wobbly cars that are all over the place.

Maybe the net code got worse or less tolerant? I can see cars getting less stable the further the driver lives from me. USA and Canada are mostly stable, solid. Brazil wobbles a bit, Argentina wobbles all the time.

Could it be that currently in lobbies, the ones furthest away determine the stability of the room? Are lobbies with just people from the UK more stable than lobbies where you have people from all over the world? (with the host still in the UK)

Latest Posts

Back