Your Optimal Wheel Settings for GT Academy (Poll)

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 10 comments

What are your optimal wheel settings

• Steering Type: Amateur/Low Force Feedback

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Steering Type: Amateur/Medium Force Feedback

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steering Type: Amateur/High Force Feedback

• Steering Type: Professional/Low Force Feedback

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Steering Type: Professional/Medium Force Feedback

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Steering Type: Professional/High Force Feedback

• Steering Type: Simulation/Low Force Feedback

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Steering Type: Simulation/Medium Force Feedback

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Steering Type: Simulation/High Force Feedback

Votes: 20 28.6%

• Total voters
United States
United States
GTP_Sam48
With so many people participating in GT Academy, one can expect multiple forms of driving styles. Therefore, I figured it would be quite helpful if we had thread dedicated to the sharing of information regarding the settings you selected for your wheel and why.

Personally, my Driving Force GT is quite old, so the force feedback is at 9. I always used "Simulation" mode, but I've never tried the lower settings and always wondered if I could better myself around Motegi with them.

Power Steering only helps with sudden wheel movements I believe. Like if you need to counter steer quickly, it lightens up the feedback so the wheel moves easier in that direction. There's actually a couple reasons I turned it on, mainly because I'd like my wheel to not wear out so quickly.

Simulation at 10. The only option for me. If I am smooth the FFB never gets in the way... but if I mess up it lets me know. I am currently running a Fanatec ClubSport Wheel.

Simulation FFB 5. Gives me a nice amount of feedback without being too harsh. I use to have it at 10 but my hands and wrist would hurt after a few hours.

yes, on the main menu (with dealerships and events) press start, then go down the menu to options. then Steering Controllers and its the top option on the sub menu :)

Simulation
Power stering OFF
FFB 3, 4 after a couple of hours in to the sesion as my DFGT starts to lose streght.

Depends what wheel you're using but I'm pretty sure the modern Logitech ones; DFGT, G25, G27 are all locked to Simulation by default. Adjusting it to Amateur/Professional won't make a bit of difference.

The choice between Amateur, Professional and Simulation is only for older wheels like the Driving Force, Driving Force Pro etc.

G27 FFB 10

G25 No PAS FF10.

The only way for me, maximum feedback everytime and I don't understand the deal with the having to correct quickly argument, I have it on 10 and correct in a flash.

Back