Your own Track Layouts

• Thread starter Biggs
  • 28 comments
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this is in the right place but I was wondering, do any of you have any ideas for track layouts that you would like to see made in real life? The reason I'm asking was I was playing around with Macromedia Fireworks and found a way to design semi-realistic layouts. Heres what I came up with:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jeff.gale/randomcircuit.jpg

Any of you have ideas for layouts? I would like to see how creative you all can be!

I don't know what forum, exactly, this would belong in. Any of the GT forums would do fine.

As to my own track, I've designed plenty with pen and paper that look amazing, but I suck at designing on the PC, so yeah. :grumpy:

Stinky Chicken
I don't know what forum, exactly, this would belong in. Any of the GT forums would do fine.

As to my own track, I've designed plenty with pen and paper that look amazing, but I suck at designing on the PC, so yeah. :grumpy:
Lol, same, I have tonnes of peices of paper with cool track lay outs that I have done after getting bored of drawing other things...

Biggs
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this is in the right place but I was wondering, do any of you have any ideas for track layouts that you would like to see made in real life? The reason I'm asking was I was playing around with Macromedia Fireworks and found a way to design semi-realistic layouts. Heres what I came up with:

Any of you have ideas for layouts? I would like to see how creative you all can be!

not bad, like the layout, maybe bring the pit lane to exit by turn one, my opinion :)

Anyways, so yea I got some too, but I need to find them since they're all on paper. Hmmmm. I like that track u made though, looks good for Rally Cross or F3000...but what do I know, looks fun to drive in.

My nephew has a game called 'Hypersonic Extreme', that's really pretty awful (if you paid more than $4.99 for it, you paid too much).

The games best feature is a track designer that lets you do just this. You can't change the environment. But you can make just about any configuration of track you want like banking and turns. You can add track features like bridges, wet-patches and so on.

Now that would be a cool feature for GT5.

Mike

Yeah add a mode like in STUNTS so you can drag and drop trees, barns, windmills, jumps and loopings and make your own Gran Turismo 4 course like that. :dopey: :scared: :crazy:

Biggs

This looks like a Golf course layout. LOL

GeneRally is a nice free little game that comes with a track editor, many tracks from GT have been made for it. Their web site with the huge track DB is currently down, but you still can find a lot of tracks on the forums at RaceSim Central.

You can the game here ...track samples

Give me more real tracks in the GT series and I'll be happy. But getting the Nordschleife, Suzuka, Motegi, Infineon, Tsukuba, Fuji, Laguna, Monaco ain't too bad!

I would like to see a track editor in GT5. I think it would be really fun to make your own track. I think a lot of people want that in the series too. I remember playing this rally game I rented one time that had a track editor. It was really fun. Most of the tracks in GT are made up anyway.

wildcard
I would like to see a track editor in GT5. I think it would be really fun to make your own track. I think a lot of people want that in the series too. I remember playing this rally game I rented one time that had a track editor. It was really fun. Most of the tracks in GT are made up anyway.

Honestly, I never want to see that in GT. But just because I do want it doesn't mean it shouldn't be there. Though I wouldn't hold your breath for it.

That being said a "real" track configurator sounds like a cool idea. Most real world circuits have very many configurations they can be run in. GT4 has a few as seperate tracks but I'd like to be able to configure the tracks in all their various settings.

THink about Paul Ricard, if that ever showed up in the GT series. You can set that track up in about 20 different ways, including wet and dry....

Also the idea of being able to build/configure a test track isn't such a bad idea. Though building/configuring your own race tracks...no thanks. Plus the AI needs ALOT more work for that.

Cool Topic!
few months ago i designed this rollercoaster track^^
I don't know if that's possible, but i wanted ot include all kinds of corners (sharp, sharpening, blind, hairpin, fast+long, caroussels).
And this is the result: inferugia, the name comes from the latin words für hell (inferus) and the isle i live on (Rugia).

Mukai
Cool Topic!
few months ago i designed this rollercoaster track^^
I don't know if that's possible, but i wanted ot include all kinds of corners (sharp, sharpening, blind, hairpin, fast+long, caroussels).
And this is the result: inferugia, the name comes from the latin words für hell (inferus) and the isle i live on (Rugia).

That is one sweeeet track :) 👍 .......I'm liking the crossover!

The amount of corners on that track reminds me of the budweiser track in the adds.

"Who designed this track? There is just one turn after another."

I've also penciled a few, mainly in the back of school books. I might do one on paint sometime and post it. I'm more of a turner than a long straight person. (no jokes, please.)

About a couple of years ago I was browsing the internet with not much to do (asu usual) and came up with a page called www.etracksonline.co.uk where they have almost every rack that exists in real life and they also have a section where people submit their self-designed tracks. The point is that among the zillions of tracks that have been submitted, one of them was called the Voda Ring, and it was quite funny, since it had no straights, and had the shape of the Vodafone logo. Still, here's a pic of it and the description and you can go to the page and check it out as well.

Just so no one says I stole this, it was designed by Bart Wegner, Denver, Colorado. And he says "...This is a track I call the "Voda Ring" and would be built somwhere where Vodafone is big. Its pretty simple and and flat, with the circular oval portion being about 1 mile in length. It would add variety to both oval and road racing series, and would have good sightlines from all seating areas. It could be run in either direction and would probably have pretty quick lap times. I don't know what else I can say, its just so simple, theres not much I can describe. I can't say that any series would actually want to race on somthing like this, it was just a thought that popped into my head one day"

Attachments

• vodaring.jpg
    vodaring.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 63
I'll do a photo series on a few real world roads around here that I drive on. One goes around the lake I live on, and the other is a mountain pass up to 49 degrees north ski resort.

Just an idea thats all, Mustang 4 Ever. I'd like to see Road Atlanta added as well.

There was also a plan to build another racing park in Mineral Well, TX back in 2004 but I've haven't heard anything about lately. Here is the proposed track layout.
NewMineralRing.jpg

Azuremen
I'll do a photo series on a few real world roads around here that I drive on. One goes around the lake I live on, and the other is a mountain pass up to 49 degrees north ski resort.
I've done that before! There's a couple fun backroads around here that I like to run on. I also made an autocross/scca-ish track layout going through a section of my local mall (where I work). I drive most of this every day, and it would be fun to actually do it. Although the turns are more auto-x-like and would be somewhat impractical for a race track, I could alter it to have more straights. The long stretch with the pit is the road that I come in on every day (that little kink in the straight is the turn lane, lol). What I did was go to mapquest.com and use their overhead arial view and made the track on that. Which is the reason that I can't do my most favorite run, because the pictures on mapquest are from like 1994, and that area that my fav roads are at was all trees back then...hehe but here's my Mall parking lot auto-x I called "The Avenues Run."

wildcard

havign a track editor in thsi game migth be fun...btu pointles...its would waste to much unneeeded space if u wanted it to be half decent....and with all teh cars tahst will most likely be in number 5 plus the realistic damge they plan to add...i wouldnt be surprised if this was just left out of teh picture...way to much rigth there...especially with damage and the space needed for stuff like that

devilman2075
havign a track editor in thsi game migth be fun...btu pointles...its would waste to much unneeeded space if u wanted it to be half decent....and with all teh cars tahst will most likely be in number 5 plus the realistic damge they plan to add...i wouldnt be surprised if this was just left out of teh picture...way to much rigth there...especially with damage and the space needed for stuff like that
Dude, slow down with your typing. It gets annoying redaing carp lkie tihs.

I thought I was the only person who ever did this kind of stuff. I've probably made over 100 since I was a kid. Unfortunately, I have no way of putting them online. So my ideas will have to wait for another day.

Back