Your Racing Cam/View with PSVR2

• Thread starter CTznOfTime
  • 13 comments

Select two answers: 1) yes or no. 2) select the view you will playing with PSVR2.

• Front bumper view in PSVR2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roof view in PSVR2

• Chase Helicopter view PSVR2

• Total voters
France
SoCal
GTP_MooCow
With the 2023 CES announcement of GT7 PSVR2 implementation for PS5 owners,
Assuming full feature implementation (Ryan's reputation is on the line, and I am quite sure he is not hiding anything at all, CES just isnt the place to reveal any more than what was briefly said).

I was wondering what most of you will be doing once making the PSVR2 jump:

I know a lot of you are racing with the front bumper view or Bonnet view or maybe roof view just because the cockpit view is too claustrophobic for you, especially playing with the pads, and even some wheel drivers...
But with PSVR2, will you be considering switching to cockpit view with PSVR2?

Compare to how you are currently racing right now, whether with pad or wheel, are you going to change your race view point ? (Yes or No)

And regardless whether you will be using pad or wheel, at the moment, what do you think will be your race view while using the PSVR2 headset:
Front Bumper view?
Hood / Bonnet view?
Roof view?
Chase view?
Cockpit view?

(Assuming that the GT7 PSVR2 will allow us to switch views, and doesn't force us into cockpit view, although I anticipate the latter to be the case)

With the 2023 CES announcement of GT7 PSVR2 implementation for PS5 owners,
Assuming full feature implementation (Ryan's reputation is on the line, and I am quite sure he is not hiding anything at all, CES just isnt the place to reveal any more than what was briefly said).

I was wondering what most of you will be doing once making the PSVR2 jump:

I know a lot of you are racing with the front bumper view or Bonnet view or maybe roof view just because the cockpit view is too claustrophobic for you, especially playing with the pads, and even some wheel drivers...
But with PSVR2, will you be considering switching to cockpit view with PSVR2?

Compare to how you are currently racing right now, whether with pad or wheel, are you going to change your race view point ? (Yes or No)

And regardless whether you will be using pad or wheel, at the moment, what do you think will be your race view while using the PSVR2 headset:
Front Bumper view?
Hood / Bonnet view?
Roof view?
Chase view?
Cockpit view?

(Assuming that the GT7 PSVR2 will allow us to switch views, and doesn't force us into cockpit view, although I anticipate the latter to be the case)
The vast majority of people, if they use anything but a cockpit view, will likely get motion sickness.

Please elaborate how you are racing right now?

Pad or wheel
Current view?
PSVR2 desire view?

I am on the wheel already for a few years now, currently G29 and PS4 pro combo, and
Whenever I will get the PS5 and VR2 combo

I will continue to using the Cockpit view.

It was never the case tho:
From GT2 through GT4, I have been Playing in Chase view exclusively during my PSone and PS2 years.
Prior to GT first release, I was playing the Original Need For Speed (Road and Track special Edition) and NFS Hot Pursuit on PC with pad and chase view,

With the OG PS3 and from GT5Prologue through GT6, I progressively made the switch to cockpit view when I got the Logitech GT wheel.

During the past 25 years, I can truly say Kaz and his PD team has provided me with great leisure and entertainment doing laps and collecting cars virtually to enjoy their sight and the music... I am honestly on the Sony PS ecosystem exclusively because of Gran Turismo,
I am buying PS console solely because of GT.
I have other games but they are just extra, and I really never have time playing anything else but GT.

Please elaborate how you are racing right now?

Pad or wheel
Current view?
PSVR2 desire view?
On what?

On my PS4/PS5 it's all cockpit and flatscreen, as while I have a PSVR, its limited implementation (in racing titles) means it hasn't been used in well over a year (and GT7 is the only racing title I play on PS and that's not often).

On PC it's all cockpit view and a mix of VR and flatscreen, depending on the title and my mood.

I currently have zero intention of getting a PSVR2.

Last edited:
currently PS5, Fanatec Elite wheel, GT7 bumper cam view

IMO VR adds multiple dimensions to the realism which are best experienced in cockpit view:
1) you feel like you are really in the car - Polyphony has been modeling their car interiors since at least GT5. It is fantastic to sit in the car and look around it. I can't wait to see the various dashboards and backlit switches at night.
2) Track elevation changes: Without VR tracks feel fairly flat to me (maybe some people can imagine the elevation changes better than I). With VR you really do "see" the elevation changes - Spa and Nordschleiffe are simply fantastic. You really can tell when you're going up hill vs down hill.
3) situational awareness: In a race scenario, you can really look at mirrors, see your opponent in your peripheral vision. Compared with now where radar is crude at best.
4) looking at the apex, track out point: in 2D hairpin corners are really difficult because the ideal place to look is outside your monitor's field of view. You also don't get a good feel for just how tight a corner is. I'm looking forward to being able to spot the apex and track out point in VR by simply turning my head

I've been waiting for VR on the GT series since 2016 (yes I tried the PS4 pro, PSVR, with wheel), so I'm absolutely not gonna pass up PS5 PSVR2 GT7 with cockpit view.

Mainly cockpit HUD Off. Depends if I switch to Hood/roof cam for La Sarthe and Spa when grinding.

PSVR2 will be my first experience with a headset. So, cockpit only, for sure.

Mainly cockpit HUD Off. Depends if I switch to Hood/roof cam for La Sarthe and Spa when grinding.

PSVR2 will be my first experience with a headset. So, cockpit only, for sure.
Same here. But I had PSVR1 and played Sport in VR all the time!

Last edited:
Back