Your realistic track

Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
To avoid misunderstandings, I'd like to say that this doesn't have to be a remake of a real track as that is impossible (tried doing at least 3 of those with no succes), only it must be realistic, e.g. something you could imagine F1 using if it's an Eifel Circuit.

Personally, indirectly* I've made a track that looks a little similar to the Hungarian F1 GP track, only with a little more elevation and 2 or 3 blind corners, it hasn't had any negative comments from any of those who tried it, they liked the challenge it provides. Add "rallymorten" if you want to try it.

And yes, I have checked this sub-forum for similar threads, but most of them are either locked or about the so-called "jump tracks"

* It's indirectly because I had created that track in the 1.0 version of the game, but then the update with corner camber etc. came and the game changed it to how it looks now so it's basically a PD track I'm taking credits for :)

Considering that "the" Eifel track is Nurburgring, which is completely unsuitable for F1, I'd say realistic for Eifel is more like a real road that has been turned into a race course than a modern F1 track.

Don't get me wrong. You can get a pretty good F1 track in Eifel.

Not to rage on you or something but Nürburgring is also the GP track.

Obviously the Nordschleife is what I was referring to. I wish you could make something like the GP track in the Course Maker.

I have focused on making realistic tracks, meaning tracks with realistic elevation changes and banking. Ridiculous elevation changes or banking that would never be found on a real road ruins a track.

I tried to create my own realistic track in Course Creator and it was a sucess. The only issue, as far as the concern with realism goes may be this lone 2-sector "straight" that has a climb that I'm not sure if it is too steep for you all to consider realistic.
This is the pit straight.
GT5-Course-Creator-Cauto-CMtR-GP-LM-Pic-1-310504551

These are picture of a couple of the many corners of the track.
GT5-Course-Creator-Cauto-CMtR-GP-LM-Pic-2-310505891
GT5-Course-Creator-Cauto-CMtR-GP-LM-Pic-3-310506347
GT5-Course-Creator-Cauto-CMtR-GP-LM-Pic-4-310507945
GT5-Course-Creator-Cauto-CMtR-GP-LM-Pic-5-310508505

Now for the portion of the track in question.
GT5-Course-Creator-Cauto-CMtR-GP-LM-Pic-6-310509431
I'm thinking that this might be okay, considering that the some tracks do hav steep elevation changes [like Bathurst (GT5, Y U NO HAVE?) for example), but my concern is the fact of how long the rise in elevation last. Of course this pic is at the top of the hill and doesn't completely capture the difference in elevation but it was the best I could do.

There isn't really any way to control the placement of kerbing, is there?

I've had some wildly interesting and fun tracks (I try to make them small, no scenery means that braking points are just "guesses" at best.)

The problem I have, no matter who makes the tracks, is the kerbing. It simply sucks! You can't kerb hop if the kerb's on the outside of the track! :grumpy:

If there's one reason why I don't work with GT5 course maker... the kerbing makes it impossible to judge the corners. There's no kerbing, no scenery and nothing to use as a driver. The whole racing line is "maybe it turns here."

Does anyone have a track that fixes that?

ANNIHILATOR90
@rallymorten, and @K9Racing84; I've sent you both a FR.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to try it 👍 I'll also set my track on share if my net will permit me :lol:

johof1234
I've got 2 tracks that would be good for F1.

Can you say any more about them?

And I've downloaded those Reims and Mt. Akinagi (IIRC) tracks and I'd like if you could wait with putting them offline as I'd like them on my second system too.. Have you ever done an online event on those tracks?

@K9 what's that track with the Pagani? Looks good 👍

And I've downloaded those Reims and Mt. Akinagi (IIRC) tracks and I'd like if you could wait with putting them offline as I'd like them on my second system too.. Have you ever done an online event on those tracks?
Will do.
Your track has some awkward but fun corners, lol, definitely takes some practice to get them right. 👍

I got it.
Your track is beast, although I'm having trouble navigating it with my R390 GT1:lol:
My track or rallymorten's, either way, I didn't create Mt. Akinagi, all credit to https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163379.

The only issue, as far as the concern with realism goes may be this lone 2-sector "straight" that has a climb that I'm not sure if it is too steep for you all to consider realistic.
I wouldn't exactly call that unrealistic, I personally like the straight and especially the following corners.

If you're putting an URL between image tags make sure the link always ends with either ".jpg", ".png", ".gif", etc. In this case you just had to right click on the image and choose "View image" (or something like that as the browser I'm using isn't in English), that would've given you the correct URL. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say lol. :)
This is the pit straight.
gt5_course_creator__cauto_cmtr_gp_lm_pic_1_by_k9rasart-d54v6uf.jpg

These are picture of a couple of the many corners of the track.
gt5_course_creator__cauto_cmtr_gp_lm_pic_2_by_k9rasart-d54v7vn.jpg
gt5_course_creator__cauto_cmtr_gp_lm_pic_3_by_k9rasart-d54v88b.jpg
gt5_course_creator__cauto_cmtr_gp_lm_pic_4_by_k9rasart-d54v9gp.jpg
gt5_course_creator__cauto_cmtr_gp_lm_pic_5_by_k9rasart-d54v9w9.jpg

Now for the portion of the track in question.
gt5_course_creator__cauto_cmtr_gp_lm_pic_6_by_k9rasart-d54valz.jpg
I'm thinking that this might be okay, considering that the some tracks do hav steep elevation changes [like Bathurst (GT5, Y U NO HAVE?) for example), but my concern is the fact of how long the rise in elevation last. Of course this pic is at the top of the hill and doesn't completely capture the difference in elevation but it was the best I could do.

I wouldn't exactly call that unrealistic, I personally like the straight and especially the following corners.

If you're putting an URL between image tags make sure the link always ends with either ".jpg", ".png", ".gif", etc. In this case you just had to right click on the image and choose "View image" (or something like that as the browser I'm using isn't in English), that would've given you the correct URL. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say lol. :)
I get what you mean.
Glad you like the straight though 👍

Latest Posts

Back