Your The Last of Us review ( Spoiler alert)

• Thread starter rambo793
  • 1 comments
India
Mumbai,India
rambo793
Here's mine:
I've played my share of games and in all these years, none has had as much of an impact on me on the emotional level as did The Last of Us . With a moving, twisting and turning plot, score and dialogue, TLOU has been an experience. And an incredible one at that. Simply beautiful.

I got the game this Monday. To be honest I saw the E3 2012 reveal and thought to myself, maybe it's just another survival horror game. But oh God, how wrong I was.

I started on Hard. And never, in all my gaming life, have I encountered a story so deep on the emotional level. 2-3 hours into the game I found myself waking up everyday just itching to switch on my playstation, to know what's gonna happen next on Joel and Ellie's journey. The chemistry between the two, the way they evolve and develop a bond between each other, incredible.

One scene that amazed me was when Ellie comes across those giraffes on the way to Salt Lake Hospital. I triggered the optional conversation that came up and just let Joel stand there for a whole 10 mins, watching those girrafes, admiring the scenery, and enjoying the God-amazing soundtrack.

I never really knew if Joel would survive that rod going through him, and when the game gives u control over Ellie, I found myself eager all through, waiting to know if Joel was alive or not. Even when they showed her adminstering antibiotics to him, I wasn't sure he would survive. I got goosebumps when the game gives u control over Joel again, in search for Ellie.

All the characters you encounter are amazing. The dialogue, so superbly written, I don't think I've played a game so beautifully written.

I never knew if Ellie would survive or not. But the way it ended, man, I went back to watch the cinematic of the last scene again.

I should explore the multiplayer tomorrow and play the game on HArd plus and then survival again. I'm still in awe.

I'm now a fan of AShley Johnson who voiced Ellie now and also a fan of Naughty Dog studios.
Never really played their Uncharted offerings though I hope to someday and i wonder if they're as good as this game was.

Latest Posts

Back