Your Top 5 Cars & how GT5 contributed to your choice...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yev
  • 21 comments
  • 4,306 views

Yev

(Banned)
Messages
789
Post a list of your Top 5 favourite cars, why do you love them and if GT5 contributed to your choice.

In order:

- McLaren F1: Fantastic piece of engineering, the purest supercar there is, no electronics, naturally aspired - no car will ever even come close to it. I loved the F1 even before GT5, now I love it even more.

- Pagani Zonda: The only car that comes somewhat close to the F1, great design, amazing handling, one of very few cars which made it's name in such a short period of time. Loved it before GT5, same as with the F1.

- Porsche 911 Turbo (997): Amazing car, it's a Porsche - enough said, too bad it's not in GT5.

- Ford GT: Ford GT40 is one of the most beautiful cars ever made, the GT follows it's design while combining retro and modern looks, drives great, goes fast and it's not overpriced (like Ferraris and Lambos alike), GT series has made me fall in love with this piece of art.

- Nissan GTR: Truly one superb car, GT5 has taught me how great this car is, amazing and not overpriced.
 
The first three are in my top five but I can't think of the other two, so I substituted them for cars I like a lot:

Lancer Evo VI - One of the fastest modes of transport across winding roads.
AW11 MR2 - Handling by Lotus, Suzuki-tuned engine (widely regarded to be the best 4-pot engine ever) behind the driver, somewhat polarising appearance...
AE86 Corolla Levin - Light, same engine as the AW11, such a cool looking thing and (I imagine) a great car to drive, even if it's not that fast.
R32 GTS-t - I love the R32's looks more than either of it's successors, and I just like the fact it's RWD, basically.
Sileighty - I just love Nissan's reasoning behind swapping the front ends round, not often you get a manufacturer more or less condoning drifting like that!

Guess where I first heard of any of these cars?
 
Chevy Camaro 2010- Love the looks, love the car!

Chevy Camaro 2010 RM- Really Feels like a race car in cockpit

Chevy Camaro 2010 "Edge Special"- DLC always feels nice, love the color/livery

Chevy Camaro 1969- Great Looking Car

Chevy Camaro 1969 RM- Those back tires...:drool:

/fanboyism
 
GT, a car encyclopedia.
 
Porsche 911 GT1
Mercedes CLR (i wanna fly this thing as well!)
 
Porsche Carrera GT
Ferrari F40
Mclaren F1
Lamborghini LP-640
Holden Monaro

I loved all of these cars before GT5 (and the Carrera GT isn't there) but I guess GT5 is the closest I'll ever get to owning any of them, except the monaro which I plan on buying in the next couple of years 👍
 
Porsche Carrera GT
Ferrari F40
BMW M3
Nissan 350Z
Pagani Zonda
 
Nissan Skyline R34 :dopey:
Ferrari Testarossa :dopey:
Ferrari F40 :dopey:
Mclaren F1 :dopey:
Nissan GT-R :dopey:
 
Ferrari F40 - Always loved it as it was pure car. Heard it in real life, and now I get to drive it virtually.
Honda NSX - Might not be the fastest car, but combined with Aryton Senna's legacy and Japanese engineering, GT5 made this car much cooler with the JGTC versions of it.
787B - Would've never known about this car until the GT series introduced it. And boy does this thing sound heavenly.
RX7 - More Rotary goodness.
Lamborghini Muira - Do i even have to explain?
 
TVR Speed 12 - 7.730 Litre, Naturally Aspirated V12 with 800+ BHP and revving to 9k RPMS. 1000 KG. Enough said, by far my favourite car because of GT5.

McLaren F1 - Reasons stated above. :) Have liked this car for many, many years, and is just incredible.

Tommy Kaira ZZII - Introduced to me by the GT series, a work of art. RB26DETT Mid mounted, with AWD and pushing nearly 600 HP. All while weighing only one ton.

Honda Civic EF 1990 Sedan - My first car, my baby, took it off roading so many times, beat the **** out of it, so many clutch drops and rev limiter every day after 150k hard miles, I climbed hills in this baby that you would never expect it to make, I high centered it half way up a massive sandy hill on a rock over a foot tall, jamming my tranny into gear and having to shove big rocks under my front tires to get traction to get the underbody from teetering allowing me to try and clutch drop in reverse to get off the rock that had made a massive dent in my floor pan. Ended up flinging a rock after a reverse full RPM clutch drop into my friends leg, got a few stitches but got off the rock. The car didnt even flinch. Poor thing had me take er into a lake at 60 MPH or so though 2 months later, after many more hard beatings. :( I plan to one day build a full time 4wd D16Z6 Turbo Sedan with around 450 WHP, should run 11's and be able to keep up with them ferraris ;)

I live in Canada, near the mountains.

I like big trucks in general :)
 
1. Ferrari 458 Italia : with 571 hp is one of the best road car I've tried on the game. Awesome handling, 7 gears, beautiful car, and great sound.

2. Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR : I love vipers since the first GT, and this is the fastest ever, plus this has the record on nordschleife, a track that I love.

3. Dodge Viper GTS '02 : I Saw the Viper for the first time in gt1 when I was 9, and I fell in love immediatly with this car. One of the best looking car ever IMHO.

4. Ferrari 430 Scuderia : awesome handling, is a pure sport car and you can feel it when you drive it on the game.

5. Shelby Cobra 427 : I was aver frightened by the power of this car, is difficult to tame, but is so fun to drive, and its name is legend. I love the car in the game.
 
Last edited:
i love the LM prototype cars they are such a blast to drive
top 2 are
1. Peugeot 905 '92 - awesome, lightwieght almost like an F1 car
2. Peugeot 908 HDi - the torque on this thing is incredible coming out of corners

other favourites:
3. Mark 1 golf GTi - because i had one and it is the best ever hot hatch by miles
4. alfa romeo Tz2 race car -awesome looks, sounds amazing, classic motor
5.GT500 cars - my favourite is the Nissan Yellow Hat GTR - what a beast.
 
1. Shelby series 1, it became my favourite because of GT2, when i go to america, im buying it...hopefully.
2. Ferrari 458 italia, was before gt5 came out, but it jist strengthened my love for it.
3. Camaro z28 '69, just brutal, thanks Kaz for putting it in.
4. Enzo ferrari, f1 car street version.
5. NSX, also became my love, because of gt1, it was beautiful as it was fast, and awesome to drive.
 
ninjasansan
Ferrari F40 - Always loved it as it was pure car. Heard it in real life, and now I get to drive it virtually.
Honda NSX - Might not be the fastest car, but combined with Aryton Senna's legacy and Japanese engineering, GT5 made this car much cooler with the JGTC versions of it.
787B - Would've never known about this car until the GT series introduced it. And boy does this thing sound heavenly.
RX7 - More Rotary goodness.
Lamborghini Muira - Do i even have to explain?

Yes, what he said about the honda :)
 
haha that shelby costs like 150,000 USD im pretty sure and its not even in production.

and the srt10 coupe is faster then the srt10 acr ;)
 
I think there's something wrong when someone says modern ferraris are pure sports cars.

The Shelby on the other haaand..now THAT'S a sports car.
 
Poppins
haha that shelby costs like 150,000 USD im pretty sure and its not even in production.

and the srt10 coupe is faster then the srt10 acr ;)

Yes of course, but my god, if i were lucky to ever own one, i would be so happy, the closest you can get to it, is a kit car. Although i have seen them on sale in the us, second hand, but why give one up? And they weren't that expensive, hence why i said kit car.
 
The Cobra is deffo on my top 10 list, not top 5 tho.
And the only Ferraris I like are 458 and F430 Scuderia - great cars.
TVR Speed 12 is a beast, 1st time I encoutered it was in Test Drive 6 on PS1, amazing car.
 
McLaren F1 - masterpiece of a car in its day when first produced, i dont think i really have to say anything else

Ferrari F40 - first production car to break the 200 barrier, and its completely analog, no digital or electronic rubbish to get in your way and i think it looks amazing

Pagani Zonda - came in against all the other big guns and made a name for itself, the Zonda had something something that other cars didn't have, looked great, engineering was great in it and the sound for the V12 Merc engine was something that would rock the gods!

Nissan Skyline - being general here with the skyline and not picking a specific model, why? cause i can't from the R31 right up to the new R35 GTR, i love them all!

last one...tough choice..
Lancia Delta HF Integrale - its rally/WRC history explains why i've picked it


honestly any Top 5 or 10 threads i hate, always a nightmare picking a top list when there is so many good cars or whatever that you could have on your list for various reasons
 
67 Mustang: My facve, always will be.
Ferrari F40: Pure, undiluted power and good looks. GT5 has given me so much respect for this car
Zonda R: Oh my god. That thing round the ring = heaven.
McLaren F1: Do I need to explain?
Ferrari 458: Simply for the looks.
 
Ferrari 430 Scuderia - The best handling I own in the game and I enjoy the noise it makes

Integra DC5 Rm- The car is so light and for the amount of power it makes its really fast..

Nsx Type R - The car just wants be driven like a race car.

Evo 9- This ones self explanatory

R34- It handles funny in gt5 but I still love how it sounds with the stock exhaust
 
1.-Dodge Viper: The master of all cars, my eternal fave!
p3060026.jpg

2.-Mercedes SLR McLaren: My name initials are SLR :sly:
3.-Mercedes Sauber C9: What a fast car
4.-BMW M3: Have always loved them
5.-Koenigsegg CCGT: Simply awesome
 
Back