Your top3 favorite bought car?

• Thread starter Doggie
  • 21 comments
Finland
Helsinki, Finland
Khoira
Hey there all. Now I bet some of you saw red upon reading this topic, but patience my friends, patience. :) I atleast hope this isn't just another favorite car topic.

I have had to take a two month sick leave from GT4, but now my broken wrists are almost healed and I'm ready to start to play again. Have to say that that this has been very loooong two months :) Now I need your opinions to make my money count. I have bought some cars, and they have usually been disapointments.. So, list your top3 favourite cars that you have had to buy as brand new.

Few rules to make this topic more interesting:
-NO prize cars aloud. Only the cars that you have to pay with your hard earned cash.
-NO second hand cars. They might be bargains, not what I'm looking for. So brand new cars only

Offcource there are many ways to rate a top3 car, and I'm looking for "the funfactor" here. Price, speed or looks, whatever makes you smile.

So post top3 cars from your carage, that you have bought as brand new and they made you feel like you did the best sale of the century. Even if it ate all your hard earned credits.

For me;

1) RenaultSport Clio 172 - Fun factor in spades....

2) BMW M3 CSL - Cant say enough good about this car

3) Amuse S2000 GT1 - For something really fast....

regards

David

1. RUF RGT - Fun, challenging and focused

2. BMW M3 CSL - Rare, sexy and great sountrack

3. Honda NSX-R - Beautifully balanced, punches far above its weight.

I'm almost certain that this thread should be closed. Since you're asking for advice, I'll let it slide.

Mod in a gullible mood today :lol:

1: Amuse S2000R1 - Delicious in any way, more fun than the GT1

2: BMW M3 CSL - BMW motto: sheer riding pleasure.

3: Audi R8/Pescarolo Judd Race car - To get a decent sense of speed.

1. Spyker C8 Laviolette - Quite fast, good handling. Sounds awesome and has the looks to match.

2.BMW CSL - Fun fun fun.

3.Callaway C12 - Not amazingly fast, but handles well. Fairly nice looking and a great engine sound.

1. Mugen S2000 - not very speedy,but fun factor 👍
2. Stock S2000 - again fun factor,and quite speedy when little tuning comes in
3. Amuse S2000 R1 - Mugen S2000 + Stock S2000 = Fun factor squared :)

What can i say,i am Trueno and abarth fan,but i damn like that S2000
I think that the main fun factor is:high reving,good handling and all that power from just 2000 ccm 👍
Normaly, i drive it with aids off!

1. M3 CSL - the ultimate driving experience with an amazing looking car...
2. Spyker C8 Laviolette - just a damn beautiful car and fast too
3. Amuse S2000 GT1 - when i need a fast and fun car

1. HKS Silvia, lots of fun drifting in:dopey:
2. 2000 ford falcon v8 supercar, love the whole thing:tup:
3. Buick Special, great car and love the engine sound

1. Peugeot 206 Rally - Amazing looks, performance, and one sick puppy.
2. Spoon Civic Type R - Wolf in sheeps clothing. Appearance of your grandmas grocery getter, with the heart of an F1 car.
3. Calsonic Skyline GT-R JGTC '03 - Best looking JGTC car out there with the blue and white color scheme, and definitly has the power to back up its good looks.

what's this thing with all those crappy M3's that sound like vacuum cleaners?! bah, I say.

1st: rwd class, BMW 120i or Mazda MX-5. first one because of it's neutral steering character, second one because it's quite opposite. it oversteers like an animal!

2nd: 4wd class, Tommykaira ZZ-II. 550 bhp and 340 km/h don't need any excuses. handles like F1 when you add wing. my second option would be almost any Skyline.

3rd: MR class, if you want to be fast and look good, Lotus Elise 111R. if you want to be just fast, Lotus Esprit V8 TT. oh, did i remember to mention that they're great drifters in stock form too?

4th: FWD class, Ford Focus RS. best of them all, even though it might not be the fastest FWD out there. but, i could hang with V8's while driving it. Mini Cooper S is a go-cart in regular cars clothing. and for a fwd Japanese car, I have to say... yaris/vitz turbo!!

Doggie
Off course there are many ways to rate a top3 car, and I'm looking for "the funfactor" here. Price, speed or looks, whatever makes you smile.

So post top3 cars from your carage, that you have bought as brand new and they made you feel like you did the best sale of the century. Even if it ate all your hard earned credits.

That's a tricky one, as you said, there are some cars out there which do not quite live up to your expectations ... like the Peugeot 905:

It hasn't the looks (the first 1992-version was the car i wanted to be included) and is no match for the newer Le Mans Cars - and even has it's Problems with the R92CP. It was the first "Group C" car i bought and i was quite disappointed, although i found out how to drive that beast after a while.

anyway, here's my list:

1.) Protomotors Spirra:
It's maybe the worst MH-car the game can offer as far as it's all about out-of-box handling, but that car has the looks and the sound. You can feel how the Koreans tried to come up with a sophisticated handling - and how they failed. But it's so much fun to drive and i never regretted buying three of them (an orange one (stock), a white one and a blue one (the latter ones being tuned and resembling a "GT-version")). It takes some time until you can do a good lap around Nür, but it's worth the time and fun.

2.) Amemiya Aspara Drink RX7 (JGTC '04):
Being a GT300-car, it's not all about speed, it's the engine that makes me love that car. Going to 4000 rpm, it sounds just good, going at around 7000 rpm it sounds like a Wankel should sound - has one of the better engine sounds GT4 can offer.

3.) Honda NSX Takata (JGTC '03):
Has a magnificent soundtrack and is "the drive of your live". You can trash the Nissan Skyline Concept LM-Racecar as soon as it's a handling-course and you can push the car to the limits like there's nothing to it - going sideways, diving deep into corners and passing other cars on the brake can be so much fun if it come to this racecar .... having clocked around 1.200 miles, i'm looking forward to engage in more infights with more powerful cars.

~Honda NSX-R '02 - Gorgeous, fast, and can whoop ass around some of those faster cars around the more corner-based tracks.

~BMW M3 CSL - The Europe equivalent of the Honda. More power, but just as turnable as the NSX-R.

~Callaway C12 - Not as fast around the bends as the other 2, but is a greatly overlooked American car. Fast, and very powerful. Great for wanting to whomp on some Japanese or European cars.

1) Amuse S2000 R1:
Simply one of the best cars in the game. Nearly the perfect tuner.
On any tires this car handles well and with modifications to the power level it can be competitive in most the game's racing.

2) BMW M3 (normal):
The M3 has multiple colors to choose from and excellent pontential for tuning.
The stock M3 is perfect for a "heavy weight" Normal street car (weighing in at 1570kg and *340hp).
Handling is excellent and well behaved on any tires.

3) Mine's Skyline GT-R (R34):
This is my favorite Skyline in the game (and pretty much the ultimate Skyline as well).
Handling is what you would expect from a Skyline only not exactly the same as a stock R34 since the power is pumped up to 600hp and the weight is dropped to roughly 1340kg.
To handle all that power, the Mine's is equipped with a Semi-Racing Suspension in "stock" form. Despite the power, this R34 handles well in all situations although "N" tires will prove to be a problem for anyone who is not an "advanced" player.

A Honorable Mention:
Toyota WedsSport Celica (JGTC 300)
This is one of the fastest JGTC300 cars in the game.
Thanks to an awesome 2 liter 4-cylinder engine, this car generates 295hp and 325ft.lb. torque. :eek:
Definately a great low level race car (but certainly not enough to tackle the big dogs like the Audi R8 :lol: ).

Kent
1) Amuse S2000 R1:
Simply one of the best cars in the game. Nearly the perfect tuner.
On any tires this car handles well and with modifications to the power level it can be competitive in most the game's racing.

Oh I agree totally. In fact I miss driving my bright green mean machine (stuck doing FGT - need spare time to complete!). I bought the street version, and the full-on GT, but neither quite have the grin-factor of the R1. I think I've put between 600-700miles on it (its had a chassis refresh!) - and B-spec hasn't touched it. Can't let him spoil it!!

Trying to think of 2 other cars I liked... a Mk1 Impreza coupe in purple is fantastic to thrash about the 'Ring.

Ah yes - the Woodone JGTC Supra. Stops on a two-pence, and goes like a bat out of hell. Doesn't quite have that meaty sound that it did in Prologue though, but a very nice car for the cash.

Back