Your toughest Campaign Race

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 23 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
For those of you who play the Campaign Races, what would you say is the hardest race for you to do well in?

I've been playing for about a year and a half and in the Pro / VGT / Nürburgring Nordschleife Tourist Layout, 2 laps, my best is...... 4th. :lol:
Fair enough I don't do it much (need to psyche myself) but I just can't get around in one piece.

The toughest car of all (for me) to do it in is the Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo. It should be the easiest because the acceleration is absolutely blistering. But I can't keep it on the road! I would love to see what times some of you good drivers could manage in that race, that car. It's not just keeping it on the road, it's getting past the other racers!

Do you have any "toughies" or have you mastered them all??

Toughies you say? Where do I start? :cheers:

Zat race is tough but I guess you don't know about ze 'secret weapon' :lol:

Try using the Audi E-Tron VGT, you will be surprised at how quick that thing reels in the AI cars if you set the gear ratio's on highest setting, so OP for that particular race and much better handling that the Chaparral or Dodge Tomahawk.

For me the toughest race in the game that I still have to complete is the Roue X VGT race, cannot get any better than second in that race.

Other Honorable mentions go to the Nostalgic 1979 races as even using the setup's they can still be very hard to catch the AI esp around Goodwood.

For me the toughest race in the game that I still have to complete is the Roue X VGT race, cannot get any better than second in that race.
Just checked, I won that 40 times..... in my early days of grinding! Mentioned before you can do that late at night with a can of beer, no sweat!
The car I used is the Mercedes VGT and the only change I made was to drop the Traction Control to 1. Once you get in front you have to weave a bit to stop the cars behind getting draft advantage from you - it's big in that race!
Thanks for the tips about Nordschleife :cheers:

Just checked, I won that 40 times..... in my early days of grinding! Mentioned before you can do that late at night with a can of beer, no sweat!
The car I used is the Mercedes VGT and the only change I made was to drop the Traction Control to 1. Once you get in front you have to weave a bit to stop the cars behind getting draft advantage from you - it's big in that race!
Thanks for the tips about Nordschleife :cheers:

So therefore we have ze problemo! Can the wheel please give me said car from the wheel since I refuse to spend ze million credits...

So therefore we have ze problemo! Can the wheel please give me said car from the wheel since I refuse to spend ze million credits...
I just did it again for old times sake (with beer) - Cr. 90,000 for no effort! The Zagato will keep closing on you (less than a second once in front), then switch lanes to increase the gap for a bit. Good luck with the wheel!

For the Pro VGT, I think I used the McLaren as it is fast and also it's a properly designed race car so it handles well. For the Nordschleife handling is the priority.

For the Route X race, avoid anything electric or hybrid as they run out of battery power :lol:. I used the Fittipaldi (I think, been a long time!) as it's faster than the Zagato. But you do have to watch the drafting Zagato. The Fittipaldi gains on the final bend though, if I recall correctly.

Nostalgic 1979 at Goodwood is tough with the 2 Ferraris at the front. I've only won that with a fully upgraded Ferrari.

For me, the toughest race is the "rallycross" race at Colorado Springs. But, to be honest, I could only be bothered to try that a couple of times as I'm not a fan of rallying in GTS.

Oh, and all of the Porsche endurance races as I can't drive any of the Porsches well. Especially the hairpin at Suzuka... :mad::lol:

Nostalgic 1979 at Goodwood is tough with the 2 Ferraris at the front. I've only won that with a fully upgraded Ferrari.
Yes, that took a while to get gold. I too used either the fully upgraded Ferrari or Jag, but it took a lot of attempts. Once I got gold I didn't go back, so race wins for that - 1! :lol:

F1500T races.

Don't think I've completed any of them
I don't get on well with the open wheel races either. Don't know why because I have F1 2018 and wasn't doing bad, but can't get to grips with them in GTS for some reason - not enough effort probably.

Azj1uXP.jpg

This flex is either going to be impressive or pathetic depending on how you take 'achievements' in Gran Turismo....

302 gold is everything done once.

And everything under that is done, even the BMW M8 'Ring challenge... good lord was beating 6'57" hard (yes I remember the time its that painful).

Behind that would be the Le Mans time (I think 3'33" in a Porsche 919).

Anything on the 23km 'Ring requires some thought but really, if you can race the 'Ring you should be ok. The 'Ring is a track where once it "clicks" in your head you come to really like it... prior to GT Sport I really hated it. I messed up heaps of 'Ring races in Forza and particularly any of the old seasonal GT5/6 challenges like "race 5 laps of 'Ring wet in LMP1 cars" really did my head in. People like Jim Broadbent Chris Haye David Perel have it correct, you need to be doing hundreds of laps to finally git gud at it. Its taken me literally over a decade.

Nostalgia 79 is elementary with the Ferrari 330p. It really is. Stock power weight with a tune and you're good to go, even with say 2-3 x 330p rabbits.

Really single make is probably the hardest since you cant tilt the balance in your favour with an OP car.

F1500 has to be the hardest. The car is just ridiculously difficult to get a fathom on.

Behind that for me would be the SF19 races especially on stuff like Suzuka or Brands Hatch which both I'd traditionally no good at. For me they feel underpowered and I cant seem to get a grip on the turbo boost 20sec fuel flow increase.

I would put the W08 x2014 and x2019 in the same basket. Being new open wheelers they have all the driveability advantages over the F1500 and I find them miles easier to drive than the SF19, I know I'm a crap driver because I rely on power to make up for talent.

The SF19 is for talented people.

Contrary to other people here I really like the modern 911s. The 997 and 991 are ridiculously great to drive and once you get how to drive rear engined cars they really are fast and stable. I do get it however... early on the handling didnt really gel with me... I mean I've driven RWD FR cars all my life.

HOWEVER saying that I cant seem to get a grip on the 911 3.2 turbo or the 993 RS or even the 996 GT3. There's something there I cant put my finger on and I am jealous of the guys who can punt them around the 'Ring.

Water cooled = ok

Air cooled = I have problems.

Also I have no issue with Gr.B - they all seem to drive naturally to me but some of the races are brutal... Sardegna was really hard.

@TonyJZX congrats!

Doing the same is one of my GTS goals, too. Currently at 105, but taking my time. Can't do more than a few races in a row, get really tired of a catching the rabbit thing.

For me the hardest thing would be to get all victories in the beginner's league, because it must be really boring.

For these things you have to pace yourself so you dont burn out. Only the dally mileage... I got really frustrated getting beaten in the F1500s and the Nostalgia 79 races.

Toughest Campaign Race?

I go with the Group 2 Race at Red Bull Ring in the Rain.

Try that one with one of the older Super GT cars and with all Assists off (besides ABS). It ain't too easy...

Please do not remind me of the bitter pain and frustrations I swallowed attempting this race in the Epson NSX...:banghead:

The Gr2 aka JGTC cars really did my head in during the early days of say 2018.

I think because I treated them like slightly more powered GT3 car but really they are almost LMP like and drive with a slight open wheeler feel. They really do corner extremely well unlike most touring cars and despite having the same motors as the SF19s feel really powerful.

ALso since they were 10 lap races you tended to spend 10 laps or say 30 mins plus getting humilated but again, you have to learn to drive the car.

And I only really mastered one car, the AU Lexus RCF.

I don't get on well with the open wheel races either. Don't know why because I have F1 2018 and wasn't doing bad, but can't get to grips with them in GTS for some reason - not enough effort probably.

The F1500T-A races are extremely challenging. There’s a tune I used that helped me maintain better control of the car, but each race took a handful of tries before achieving gold. I can tag you in the tuning forum if you want to give those races another go.

I've been playing for about a year and a half and in the Pro / VGT / Nürburgring Nordschleife Tourist Layout, 2 laps, my best is...... 4th. :lol:
Fair enough I don't do it much (need to psyche myself) but I just can't get around in one piece.

The toughest car of all (for me) to do it in is the Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo. It should be the easiest because the acceleration is absolutely blistering. But I can't keep it on the road! I would love to see what times some of you good drivers could manage in that race, that car. It's not just keeping it on the road, it's getting past the other racers!

I hadn't run this race before with the Chaparral 2X so I decided to give it a try.
After three tries, I ran a decent race with only three minor offs,:grumpy: and was able to run a 14:24.6 race time, which won the race by over a minute.

50163324391_fc30eda921_k.jpg

Like you say, the Chaparral 2X is very fast!!:eek:
I found that its a decent handling car if you remember to slow down enough for the corners (and be gentle with the throttle until you are essentially thru each corner), and remember that its very light so it gets a little un-stable going over the curbs. With some more practice, and avoiding my minor mistakes, I could probably knock off another 10 seconds or so.
Good fun!:cheers:

👍
I hadn't run this race before with the Chaparral 2X so I decided to give it a try.
After three tries, I ran a decent race with only three minor offs,:grumpy: and was able to run a 14:24.6 race time, which won the race by over a minute.

View attachment 944581

Like you say, the Chaparral 2X is very fast!!:eek:
I found that its a decent handling car if you remember to slow down enough for the corners (and be gentle with the throttle until you are essentially thru each corner), and remember that its very light so it gets a little un-stable going over the curbs. With some more practice, and avoiding my minor mistakes, I could probably knock off another 10 seconds or so.
Good fun!:cheers:
I am awestruck! Great job, great time, Something to aim for!👍:cheers:

latest

I believe this is the current state?

The first three are hard. I think Suzuka is harder than Brands Hatch given its a more advanced circuit. Heaps have been written especially about F1500 Brands Hatch.

I seem to recall Interlagos isnt too hard given that its a tight-ish circuit in the middle and the AI doesnt seem to get a grip of the low speed corners as well as you, so to speak.

Monza is trivial.

I have no recollection of Nurburgring... I think its just the GP circuit which is also trivial. it wouldnt be Nordschleife as I would remember that!

St. Croix isnt too bad either given they are all so long (giving you heaps of overtake opportunity) and constant radius fast corners.

A1 ring is trivial... real basic bitch beginner circuit.

Last edited:
The Interlagos one isn’t bad. Once you get accustomed to the car, you should be able to nail it in one attempt (maybe two). I struggled with Brands more than Suzuka for whatever reason. I just couldn’t catch up to the lead car until several attempts later when the top partition of the grid was more tightly packed. The AI seems to “reset” itself sometimes during the more difficult GT League events.

My first run though with the game. I'd say, F1500 at Brands Hatch and the 911 at Dragon Trail Seaside.

The AI left me at Brands Hatch and I was winning at DTS when I noticed the AI was closing on me at what seemed like a couple seconds per sector. It won by taking me out!

Back