Your tuning preferences?

  • Thread starter Thread starter garlik_bread
  • 8 comments
  • 852 views
Messages
106
Wales
Wales
Messages
garlik_bread
I'm interested in other peoples usual tuning route, as i noticed i have a standard couple of things i do before anything else.

Also, when I get an underpowered car i like to tune it bit by bit until I'm at a competitive level for the race/series, only allowing myself to spend as much as I'm earning from the races.

i.e. I bought a used Polo GTI and was racing it in the A-spec Amateur Euro races. In standard form i was coming in 9th place and winning about 3k per race. With that 3k i could then buy a few small parts (sports filter, engine management, lightened flywheel etc.), then race again coming in 6th and getting 4k etc. etc. until I had modded enough to be scrapping and battling for 1st place. I find this much better than throwing all my cash at the car at the start and totally outclassing the opposition.

Or is it just me? :sick:
 
I don't go through all that, but I do try to only do what is needed to make the race winable. Dominating the field is not fun and I try to save as much $$$ as possible.
 
Glad its not just me!

Maybe my method is slightly obsessive but i like the challenge :D
 
Most of the time I just get something thats just fast enough unless I see the need for a much faster car...case in point, looking at the GT World race I thought I need a much faster car, ended up overkilling it...
 
It can be hard to strike a balance sometimes, but i suppose that's always been the case. Much worse than buying and investing alot into a car only to find out that it's NEVER going to get to the standard that you need.

The one tuning part i always begrudge is the rear spoiler, as i hate the look of it...but it does appear to make a substantial difference to the handling.
 
Yeah wings in this game are very rice-rocket looking, works on some cars but very out of place on others. But can't argue with their function as they really help once you get faster cars...
 
It looks like I'm one of the few here that like to bring a Howitzer to a Knife fight. :lol:

There have been a few times where my wife has actually asked me if I was actually racing against anybody. :dunce:
 
lol @ that metaphor, that actually was what I was thinking(to the letter) when I got my Tuned Z06 to the GT World....by Dunlop Chicane at La Sarthe I knew it was too much...lol
 
If I have the money I go ahead and mod is as much as I can. When there isn't even competition I try and get either really consistent times or try and see if I can get any faster. Really has helped now that I'm on challenges where it pays to know the course.
 
Back