"Your_mortgage_payments.rar" malware?

• Thread starter Epic B
  • 4 comments
Canada
On the run
NaveekDarkroom
So there's this malware apparently going around in the form of a file named your_mortgage_payments.rar. Apparently it's happening from Starlet London Builders or something banners and it's affecting Chrome. I think I saw such a banner ad on the forums here, though it seems to be gone now, replaced by Dodge/Jeep ads.
LRPxoItA.png

The only thing I can say to this is if it pops up on my laptop I'll make like Broken Matt Hardy/Hillary Clinton and DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! :lol:

Thanks for the heads up though mate. :cheers:

The only thing I can say to this is if it pops up on my laptop I'll make like Broken Matt Hardy/Hillary Clinton and DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! :lol:

Thanks for the heads up though mate. :cheers:
Yep. As soon as I saw it got downloaded, I deleted it immediately and Googled it. I figured it was suspicious.

I see that banner has been reported on some other websites; I've blocked their URL now, but please let me know if you see it again.
Okay.

I just found another malware like this, but it was on another site (The page I was on, I probably shouldn't link cause it's about something we can't discuss here). I don't know what was the trigger, but it auto downloaded a file called "Your_Taxes-08.16.rar". You might want to watch out for this one too.

Back