You've lost that loving feeling? Driving feel from GT5/6 to GTS

• Thread starter Conza
  • 14 comments

Has GT Sport lost the feeling that GT5 and GT6 had for you? Are you going to try and re-learn feel?

• Yes and yes

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Yes but no(?)

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • No but yes(?)

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • No, so No

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Other because people want other

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Conza

Sports Caraholic
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
Conza_No1
As a long time player of GT5 and GT6, GTS feels completely different. This is what got me into GT5, I drove a Ferrari F40 and it immediately felt right, no experience at all for years.

Instead of whining about this change, I wanted to focus on ways to learn this new game's engine, as it will probably (hopefully) be used in a GT7 in the not too distance future, maybe a GT8 depending on development and life cycle of the PS4.

Everyone's skill and style from previous games will be different, my problem so far has been counter steering, I wasn't the best "drifter" but I could do impromtu drifts quite easily in the previous games, in this I don't feel connected to it as well, counter steering seems not to respond until it instead snaps. This is obviously useful when driving at the limit and the car starts to spin.

I was so instantly bad at it, I just went to stickier tyres to cure the natural imbalances of the cars that they've added.

Other than simply practice, is there any suggestions on techniques that I can do to try and develop feel again? Hopefully this will be useful to others.

At this moment, there's only one car that are in both games that you can drive at will - the BMW M4, and strangely this car actually seems to perform much better in GTS than it did in GT6.

Also, if you felt this was as natural as the previous GT games I'd be interested in hearing that.

There's a poll, Yes/Yes is obvious you agree and want to improve, Yes/No is a confusing combo please explain if you chose this. No/Yes I guess means it feels the same but you want to improve anyway (lucky you), No/No means it hasn't changed so you won't need to learn the feel. Other to satisfy every person on every poll I've ever posted that asks me for it.

I played the beta and demo worth the ds4 and it didn't feel that different to me, but I'm gonna be using a wheel when game releases did probably gonna have to learn how to drove in game again.

As a long time player of GT5 and GT6, GTS feels completely different. This is what got me into GT5, I drove a Ferrari F40 and it immediately felt right, no experience at all for years.

Instead of whining about this change, I wanted to focus on ways to learn this new game's engine, as it will probably (hopefully) be used in a GT7 in the not too distance future, maybe a GT8 depending on development and life cycle of the PS4.

Everyone's skill and style from previous games will be different, my problem so far has been counter steering, I wasn't the best "drifter" but I could do impromtu drifts quite easily in the previous games, in this I don't feel connected to it as well, counter steering seems not to respond until it instead snaps. This is obviously useful when driving at the limit and the car starts to spin.

I was so instantly bad at it, I just went to stickier tyres to cure the natural imbalances of the cars that they've added.

Other than simply practice, is there any suggestions on techniques that I can do to try and develop feel again? Hopefully this will be useful to others.

At this moment, there's only one car that are in both games that you can drive at will - the BMW M4, and strangely this car actually seems to perform much better in GTS than it did in GT6.

Also, if you felt this was as natural as the previous GT games I'd be interested in hearing that.

There's a poll, Yes/Yes is obvious you agree and want to improve, Yes/No is a confusing combo please explain if you chose this. No/Yes I guess means it feels the same but you want to improve anyway (lucky you), No/No means it hasn't changed so you won't need to learn the feel. Other to satisfy every person on every poll I've ever posted that asks me for it.

GTS is, for all intents and purposes, GT7.

GTS is, for all intents and purposes, GT7.

...So long as they never make a GT7, and in the fact that sequentially we expect it to be the 7th full game. Yes. Otherwise, I don't see why they can't just make a GT7 as well? It's too soon I know, I'm just speaking more broadly into the future.

Comments about wheels, I have 3 wheels, but I didn't set up my rig to try it out and I like playing with both so, yeah. Ok it could be a glitch I just thought it would be arrogant to say so without having a few people say the same thing.

Biggest difference I see or feel is that with aids at traction control"1" and ABS normal all other aids turned off it takes a lot of throttle finesse getting back on the throttle before the car is square and planted. I actually like it as I feel that it will make it more of a "drivers" game and smoothness will be rewarded just like on a real track.

May take a little work as you switch cars, classes and hp levels as each cars sweet spot seems to be a little different but the feel of accomplishment should be greater as you master the technique.

...So long as they never make a GT7, and in the fact that sequentially we expect it to be the 7th full game. Yes. Otherwise, I don't see why they can't just make a GT7 as well? It's too soon I know, I'm just speaking more broadly into the future.

Comments about wheels, I have 3 wheels, but I didn't set up my rig to try it out and I like playing with both so, yeah. Ok it could be a glitch I just thought it would be arrogant to say so without having a few people say the same thing.

They (Kaz) have been extremely clear that this is the franchise's direction and that this is GT. The only way I can see that changing in the longterm is if GTS bombs and SIE forces PD to go back to a CaRPG dominated experience.

They (Kaz) have been extremely clear that this is the franchise's direction and that this is GT. The only way I can see that changing in the longterm is if GTS bombs and SIE forces PD to go back to a CaRPG dominated experience.

Look I guess so, and ultimately, it doesn't matter what the name is, they could've called it 7 and it be an identical game in an alternate timeline. It is still Gran Turismo, of course it is, the change in tack isn't something I'm crazy about, but I loved the two previous games, and as we always do we should just push for better content in any area that we feel needs improving. I've pre-ordered the game, tried multiple betas of the game, so I'm all in, I mean I basically bought a PS4 pro and VR for this game, and I'm sure I'll get a lot out of it.

GTS is not and never will be a GT7. It's not rocket science, there never will be a GT7 in any near future as well. The glory days of GT3-GT4-GT5 are sadly never gonna be remastered either. So it's pretty simple really, if ya wanna play GT like the good ol' days of thunder, get one of those older GT's and knock yourself out for a very reasonable price line among other things. If GTS should ever dive bomb, (and I certainly hope that doesn't happen, but man oh man some of the threads-yikes), it is gonna be a game over in big flashing lights.

GTS is not and never will be a GT7. It's not rocket science, there never will be a GT7 in any near future as well.
Citation please.
The glory days of GT3-GT4-GT5 are sadly never gonna be remastered either. So it's pretty simple really, if ya wanna play GT like the good ol' days of thunder, get one of those older GT's and knock yourself out for a very reasonable price line among other things. If GTS should ever dive bomb, (and I certainly hope that doesn't happen, but man oh man some of the threads-yikes), it is gonna be a game over in big flashing lights.

Look that's your opinion as far as I'm concerned, But if you have a quote from Kaz stating this, great I'm interested. Otherwise, in the future anything could happen, they could make a 7, 8 or a completely different title, they may abandon the numbers, they may resume them straight after this and never not use them, I seriously don't think anyone can know.

But we're getting off topic, this is about the feel of the game, today, did you play the Demo? What did you think?

I have played all the gt games and find gts the hardest of all, but having said that I am so looking forward to relearning everything again. Been waiting for this game now since gt6 on ps3.

It's different for sure, takes a LOT more skill IMO. I'm no alien, but doing seasonals I can consistently end up in the top 200, sometimes the top 100, which means I can drive fairly well. With GTS I'm struggling just to find a feel for the car, let alone finish the race...or dare I say, win. I'm doing ok, but certainly not exemplary.

I hate to admit it, but the game isn't as fun for me because it's...*gulp* less like a game. The car reacts more like a real car when you over-run the capabilities of the tires.

However, I have a real race car for those times, so I'm not so intent on having 100% real life experience in a game, I want *some* of the game to be like a game. Not as bad as Forza crap, but you probably get what I mean. In this regard, I much prefer GT6. In fact, if I could have an updated, prettier version of GT6 with new races I'd take that over GTS in a heartbeat.

Basically, unimpressed...especially with how much time it has taken.

Back