• 16 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
Xm1D9sB.png
Youxia X '15
Xm1D9sB.png

youxia-x-china-7-660x340.jpg

This is the incredible Youxia X electric super sedan, unveiled yesterday evening in China and set to compete against the upcoming Tesla Model 3. The Youxia X will be powered by an electric motor with a peak power of 348 HP and 440 NM, mated to a 40kWh, a 60kWh, or a 85kWh battery. Range with the latter is claimed to be 460 kilometer, with a 0-100 acceleration of 5.6 seconds. Range with the 60kWh stands at 330 kilometer and range with the 40kWh at 220 kilometer.

We feel pleasantly surprised by the beauty of the car but unpleasantly screwed because we, and all Chinese automotive media, were led to believe Youxia Motors was going to unveil a sportscar called the Youxia One. But they didn’t. All references to the Youxia One have been removed from the Youxia website, except here (scroll down), and the status of the project is unclear.

But let’s forgive Youxia for now and focus on the X. The Youxia X is by far the most beautiful vehicle we have seen coming out of China, ever and period. Rear light units are superb, and so is the subtle rear wing integrated in the boot lit. Profile is sleek and sporty, the wheels are huge and fitted with shiny silver multispoke alloys.

A bit of Tesla up front, but certainly not too much. The grille is a work of art, more on that below. The name of the car and company, ‘Youxia’ (游侠), comes from the Chinese name for the American ‘Knight Rider‘ television series (霹雳游侠), starring a car called KITT and a man called David Hasselhoff.

The Youxia X is the brainchild of the 28-year old (!!!) Knight Rider fan Huang Xiuyuan, who claims he first saw the X in a dream he had back in 2014. He then assembled a team of 50 engineers and designers that eventually developed the Youxia X. Production is scheduled to start in 2016 and deliveries will begin in early 2017, if everything goes according to plan.

Text by Tycho De Feijter

youxia-x-china-2d-660x389.jpg

youxia-x-china-2-660x279.jpg

youxia-x-china-1-660x390.jpg

youxia-china-4aa-660x374.jpg

Youxia-Motors-One-electric-1.jpg

What up with these Chinese cars lately Tsuki? At least it's fast as older S-Class AMG
Maybe she run out of ideas to fish for likes and now is looking at one of the worst countries for cars in despair to having something to post. :rolleyes:

Maybe Tsuki is preparin' a surprise? A legendary car that will have 100 votes easily? No way that she ran out of ideas.

Seriously, why is every Chinese car a mash up of other known designs? In this case, Tesla and Lexus. :odd:

Can't they just come up with their own unique design?
They can come up with their own unique design, try taking a look at some of CH-Auto's cars. ;)

What up with these Chinese cars lately Tsuki? At least it's fast as older S-Class AMG
These Chinese cars just came out of nowhere. The car I was supposed to post yesterday was the Youxia One, but things happened and the car wasn't revealed. I started wondering if there was anything else from China that looked as good and I came across that Beijing Auto Shenbao and the car on this thread.

People really need to start appreciating Chinese cars more, at least the more sportier ones. :indiff:

Maybe she run out of ideas to fish for likes and now is looking at one of the worst countries for cars in despair to having something to post. :rolleyes:
Y'know, hostility is the calling card of a weak intellect. :sly:

Maybe Tsuki is preparin' a surprise? A legendary car that will have 100 votes easily? No way that she ran out of ideas.
There are still 20+ cars in the list of cars I plan on suggesting and that number increases everyday with the discoveries some friends and me make everyday. I can't really say if there's a surprise, just wait and see. :mischievous:

2013_tesla_model_s_dashboard.jpg

Why can't the Chinese be more original with their cars?

At least they're improving and not making flat out copies like these:
Geely-GE_1387888b.jpg

129029d1234362384-nissan-gt-r-chinese-knock-off-gtk5.jpg

iv3sfgpllynn8chzeh84.jpg

Oh wait... they're still doing it.
Some manufacturers are original with their designs, some others aren't. That's really a problem around there.

i like the looks of this car
brilliance-bc3-06.jpg
What the heck is wrong with that guy inside the car? :lol:

This car was designed by Pininfarina, so that's maybe why you like it.

The front headlights look like they came from a Maserati Ghibli, whereas the front grille looks bloated, much like any modern day Lexus you would find.

Back