Z06 to ZR-1 Conversion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 10 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Thought this might be fun. I have tuned a Z06 to ZR-1 specs, but need some help on the suspension. Anyone want to take a shot at it? The gearing numbers below came off of the National Corvette Museum website, although the first and sixth gears are only as close as I can get them to the real numbers.

http://corvettemuseum.com/specs/2009zr1/index.shtml

Power : +24
Weight: 107

Gearing:

1) 2.308
2) 1.610
3) 1.210
4) 1.000
5) .810
6) .670
F) 3.420

Hehe....nice idea but I don't know...still the car won't be the same. Try looking on the tune garages. They have a whole bunch of them there. TLD the old garage has alot of Z06/tuned suspension work. Hope that helps! :P

Don't forget at least S2 tyres, as the ZR-1's are far wider and a better compound.

Edit: Trying to mimick ZR-1's suspension will be impossible in the game though, because it has softer more forgiving springs and beefier anti-roll bars.

Don't forget at least S2 tyres, as the ZR-1's are far wider and a better compound.

Edit: Trying to mimick ZR-1's suspension will be impossible in the game though, because it has softer more forgiving springs and beefier anti-roll bars.

Not to mention other things like the ZR1 brakes.

I think brakes would just about be taken care of by better tyres, but don't forget the ZR-1's low end power and torque.:scared:

I still think you'd need bigger brakes to get close, just look at the ZR1 discs and calipers.

09zr1_wheel.jpg

Compare that to this (couldn't find a pic of the brakes alone but you can spot the difference) C6 Z06

2149541831_970c88c2f4_b.jpg

Sorry for the large images, but it helps give you an idea how much better they've got.

They don't call it King of the Hill for nothing.:sly: I remember reading that the rear discs of the ZR-1 are as big as the front discs on a 599 :eek:. We had better get that ZR-1 in GT5.:odd: The new Camaro too. *shakes fist*.

wow, genius idea! It seems good for now, but i am pretty sure that PD will include the zr1

do you mind if i use a similar idea on my thread?

Sorry for the late replies, forgot about this thread! mPWRD, go for it. It was just an idea, you guys can expand on it all you want. I know this won't make the car a true ZR1, but it will get us close enough until we get the real thing.

the tune is coming along quite well... this thing turns in like nothing else, but it drifts like hell... you will have fun with it i promise.

I'm going to start working on this thing myself now, will be experimenting with a few different things to see if they work or not. I just want a ZR1 to race a 599 in arcade.:sly:

Edit: I just released, comments and reviews are welcome and sought after.👍

Last edited:
Back