Z4 Coupe Tune

• Thread starter MrDrift98
  • 23 comments
MrDrift98
Hello, pepole!
I am using a G27, and I was wondering if anyone has a good tune for this car.
FFb to 10, with wing in the back:dopey:
YES, I HAVE USED THE SEARCH BUTTON! I have tried the Wheels Only stickie, but dident like it:dopey:
Looking for a steady, angley (Angle-yi) tune. I usually set the front tires on fire befor I even start the drift.
Thanks in advance. Again, a G27 user so no DS3 please.

Tune the cars yourself. A tune won't make things magically better. Make common adjustments to the suspension and work from there.

Such as? Softer rear for oversteer? What do I need to tweak to make the front more grippy?

This is advice so dont cyber punch me
1. Have a little look at the people in this small drifting community, anyone worth noting has a genuine passion and love for drifting IRL and in game.
2. Once you've done that you'll realise you need to swat up a bit on drift techniques, culture, general knowledge etc.
3. Once you've watched 2fast2furious TokyoDrift, have a look at a few pro cars set ups. E.g look at how there is negative camber up front and how the springs aren't mega stiff.
4. Now take your car, doesn't have to be the BMW, and apply all your knowledge to tuning that car.

Trying to tune a drift car blindly won't work if you don't have the know how. Failing that, try a nissan GTR on racing hards and lobby hop for your life.

If you don't like the tune in the tuning set-up thread, change it around till it suits your driving style.

This is advice so dont cyber punch me
1. Have a little look at the people in this small drifting community, anyone worth noting has a genuine passion and love for drifting IRL and in game.
2. Once you've done that you'll realise you need to swat up a bit on drift techniques, culture, general knowledge etc.
3. Once you've watched 2fast2furious TokyoDrift, have a look at a few pro cars set ups. E.g look at how there is negative camber up front and how the springs aren't mega stiff.
4. Now take your car, doesn't have to be the BMW, and apply all your knowledge to tuning that car.

Trying to tune a drift car blindly won't work if you don't have the know how. Failing that, try a nissan GTR on racing hards and lobby hop for your life.
Saw Tokyo Drift, I know abit about the camber, and the springs, but it just dosent work out for me as I over-oversteer, or snap

I really dont know how.

Just mess with settings, test your car and feel how they make your car feel different. Go back and change it again, see how it makes your car feel and repeat.

That's probably how everyone who tunes for them selfs learned. When I 1st got GT5 I didn't really know how to tune, now I do.

but it just dosent work out for me as I over-oversteer, or snap

Chances are it's not the car set up that's wrong, but the way you're using it. If you're new don't expect to just jump into a setup car and instantly become 10x better...

Keep practicing as oppose to looking for car tunes. Don't switch cars too much either, if you're learning in a Z4 stick to it until you can control it. 👍

Ok this is the tune I got so far. This the best I've got so far, tell me where I can tweak some improvments, please ^^
Ride -20/-20
Springs 13.0/11.2
Ext 4/5
Comp 2/3
ARB 1/2

Camber 2.5/2.1
Toe -0.08/-0.11

Ok this is the tune I got so far. This the best I've got so far, tell me where I can tweak some improvments, please ^^
Ride -20/-20
Springs 11.0/9.0
Ext 4/5
Comp 2/3
ARB 1/2

Camber 2.0/1.0
Toe -0.07/-0.05

See how you get along with that and tweek a few things if the feel majorly bad. Don't give up first time and blame the tune. When you spin out just keep going and persevere.

See how you get along with that and tweek a few things if the feel majorly bad. Don't give up first time and blame the tune. When you spin out just keep going and persevere.

👍
Gonna save this setup. Relized I need more front toe, and a little softer rear springs.
But can u test it out and tell me how it feels, if u feel you need something more then that, tell me :dopey:

👍
Gonna save this setup. Relized I need more front toe, and a little softer rear springs.
But can u test it out and tell me how it feels, if u feel you need something more then that, tell me :dopey:

Him testing will do nothing for you, it's YOUR setup, a setup that works for you will more than likely not work for anyone else perfectly.

👍

To be honest I never tune my cars. I have the exact same suspension setup for every car apart frome a little less camber for low horse power cars. You can give it a go but chances are you won't get along with it because its just plain weird, plus your using a wheel.

0 toe altogether.
.4 camber front .8 camber rear
-25 lowered
10 and 12 front and rear
Anti rolla bars maxed.

Then again I like my **** stiff

Back