Zakspeed Capri tune help

• Thread starter guyr1
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
orpington
guyr1
I have been playing with this car on the Oulton Park international track. I started out at 1.59. xx a lap and tuned it down to 1.43.57 for the fastest lap, average lap time of 1.44.xx. I would like any suggestions to try and get close to 1.41.xx. I understand it also includes driving skill. My setup is below.
tyre slick, tyre pressure (F & R) 1.26, REAR DOWNFORCE 4, Front ride height 72, rear ride height 86,front spring rate 75, rear spring rate 95, front sway 65, rear sway 20, limited slip acc lock 80, limited slip decal lock 45, limited slip preload 20, fuel load 35 l, qualify fuel 35 l, brake mapping 2. All others are default settings. Any help would be appreciated, either figures or direction. I believe dampers are the area I need to look at but I don't fully understand them yet.

I tested your setup and made 1.39 on the same track without aid and 50l of fuel. Is an nice car to race.
Thank you for your response. I now know that the tune will do 1.39.xx, and that it is my driving more than tuning that is the problem. I will retry with 50l of fuel tonight and see if that improves my times. Thank you.

I have been doing some more driving and I have now got my fastest lap down to 1.41.xx and average laps of 1.42.xx. My driving is some of my speed issue, so I am pushing it more.

Back