Zolder Clean week event

• Thread starter kikie
  • 6 comments
Merci Vince

I registered and I'm printing my "testpilot ticketts" as we speak I write this post.

I'm back from the "Zolder Clean week event". It was a succes for me on a personal note but the event itself was, mmm, not really worth it. A few stand with cars/bycicles/motorcycles/solar panels and that's it.

The most interesting part of this event was, for me personal, the iOpener stand. I've spend a lot of time there and had my very first "taste" of the iOpener software. IT'S WORTH WHILE without any doubt!

I had my very first experience with an electric car today, as a driver. My first taste was with the Tesla Roadster, as a passenger, a few weeks ago. I drove with the Tazzari Zero. A funny little car. It's a 2-seater and Italian. I wasn't really impressed with this one. The electric engine made too much noise (electrical noise) and there was a lot of deadzone on the accelerator pedal.

My last experience was with an electric Fiat Fiorino, again as a passenger, on track itself. This a 30 Kw strong electric engine but it felt like it was a 3.0 l V6 due to the torque. I'm now even more convinced that electric is the way to go. Too bad that these cars are idiotically expensive and the you can't driver very far with a fully regarched battery.

Went back yesterday and drove a Fiat Panda, fully electric. Nice way to drive a car. The only problem is with the gas pedal, or is it electric pedal 💡. When you push the gas pedal slightly, there is no response of the car. You can hear the electronic resistance and suddenly the car starts to move. I had this with the Tazzari Zero and the Panda. There was a guy whom drove an electric motorcycle and he had the same problem.

It feel like that is a dead zone when pushing the gas pedal.

I use to drive electric R/C cars and they reacted the same way.

So Kikie,

Any issues with these machines to hold the chicane @ Zolder?

I did the i-opener on Zolder (@ the autosalon) and hope that RTR (Real time racing) gets going for me soon, this soon seem to be the same as for GT5:):):)

So Kikie,

Any issues with these machines to hold the chicane @ Zolder?
I don't get it. My brain is dormant. I have the flue and a throat infection so I can't think straight.

I did the i-opener on Zolder (@ the autosalon) and hope that RTR (Real time racing) gets going for me soon, this soon seem to be the same as for GT5:):):)
Me too. I asked if iOpener could use volunteers and they are going to look into it.

When were you there?

DYI Race Bike​

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Back