Zombi (formerly ZombiU)

• Thread starter MeanElf
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
Solid Gone
MeanElf
With the release of this game, adapted, not ported, for the other new-gen consoles and PC being just around the corner (18th August) - I thought I'd post up a thread for those who might be interested.

I know that MP will be limited compared to the original on the WiiU. Also that not too many here will have encountered the title due to it being a WiiU exclusive in the first place. I think though, that the game might well find some favour around here, as it was a decent survival horror that was quite tough and absorbing.

Gameplay appears to have been updated, possibly also the story and the inventory list. All of that makes me curious as to how different from the original this version will be. I know that they're keeping the perma-death aspect, which is good - along with the ability to go straight back out there and find your former character (now possibly zombified) and kill them to reclaim your lost gear.

Be warned though, if that aspect is the same, then if you die again before getting to your old character, then the gear will be gone for good.

Anyway, the original was dark and very atmospheric, it looks like a different team within Ubisoft have been working on this, though that last bit is mostly some reading between the lines on my part - so we'll have to see.

It's a decent game, I never really took to it but I know it does have a decent fanbase. Can't see them charging more than £10 for it considering the wii u original can be found for more-than half that. :lol:

Bought a key cheapish for it.

Don't hold your breath for the graphics, but gameplay wise it's a lot of fun.

Still waiting to get this - I expect it'll be no different visually than it was on the WiiU which at the time was quite a step up - overall though, I think they were aiming more at a portrayal of atmosphere than visual fidelity.

Back