Zona's 89 Mini

• Thread starter Zona
  • 2 comments

Zona

Premium
United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Amowtek
Hey everyone, thought I would create a build thread for my 1989 Rover Mini City E project.

2ed6oR1m.jpg

Decided to take on Matilda as a project as I've been looking for something to keep me busy over the winter months. She's been in the family since she was only a toddler when my Grandparents purchased her when they moved back to England after living in Australia for a few years.

In her original spec, she was a standard 998cc 4 speed in Black running steel wheels and had a horrible gray interior, 11 years ago my Father and I started a full nut and bolt rebuild (Unfortunately, I've lost all photos of the rebuild).

Her current spec consists of the following: A built 998cc engine that's been bored out to 1080cc with a fast road cam, and all the other bits that go with that (can't remember the exact engine spec without asking the old man), 12" Minilites, hi-lo suspension, mg metro brakes, tan interior and lots of soundproofing!

I'm going to be looking at taking her out on a few track days and shows next year.

Future plans:
  • New Engine, either 1275 or 1380
  • Straight Cut Gears
  • Quaife LSD
  • Protech Coilovers
  • Force Racing Titanium Front Subframe and Rear Beam
  • Bucket Seats
  • Saftey Devices Roll Cage
  • KaD 4 pots
  • Rear Disc brake conversion
  • Flip Front End
  • 13x7 Alloys
  • Wide Arches

Here's a few pictures, in a bit of a sorry state but she has been sat for the last two years haha
gHzib8fm.jpg
IKu0VQrm.jpg
odmxdOIm.jpg

Sp7QoLcm.jpg
icqhokPm.jpg
HJn4BrZm.jpg

Love classic Minis. I was looking at getting one as a project but they've skyrocketed in price recently.

Love classic Minis. I was looking at getting one as a project but they've skyrocketed in price recently.

They're well worth the investment. Get yourself on the Buy/Sell Mini Groups on facebook and you can find yourself a project on the cheap. There was a Black one with a 1275 in it for £2k last week, but that's probably sold by now.

Luckily I've had this one for yonks.

Back