Zonda bumper cars - Italian Avant Garde

  • Thread starter Thread starter Taowulf
  • 22 comments
  • 1,387 views
Messages
293
I did a little search and it didn't look any one else mentioned this, but did anyone else have problems running the Italian Avant Garde (EN GARDE!)? I ran it again for my current game and I was frustrated with the Zonda Race cars playing bumper cars with me all over the Rome Circuits. It took me 9 laps to finally get the lead on both races, due to the never ending bump style racing that the Zonda racers were putting me through. I was running the C12S with the stage 3 N/A tune-up (Me thinks, I would need to verify that at home) and other than a little slower acceleration and a little worse handling, I was able to keep up pretty well. Once I cleared the pack, opening up a decent sized lead was a cake walk. Then they all decided to pit before lap 10. :banghead:

But DAMN, getting though that pack in one piece was rough. [sarcasm] I think this race is the real reason PD doesn't have car damage. [/sarcasm]

Not that I mind a little "rubbing" during a race, but these Artificial Idiots were knocking me all over the place.
 
Hiya Taowulf:
:D Do you have a "Shark/X-port" ??? If so I can send you a Road Zonda that will handle the Racers easily (I think you've made the mistake we all make w/Road version & given it TOO Much HP!) or better yet I have a Nomad Diablo w/reduced HP that is a blast to drive there. (Just like the NTSC/Japanese Version only w/reduced HP) Anyway, let me know...UB57 :D
 
Originally posted by UB57
Hiya Taowulf:
:D Do you have a "Shark/X-port" ??? If so I can send you a Road Zonda that will handle the Racers easily (I think you've made the mistake we all make w/Road version & given it TOO Much HP!) or better yet I have a Nomad Diablo w/reduced HP that is a blast to drive there. (Just like the NTSC/Japanese Version only w/reduced HP) Anyway, let me know...UB57 :D

Nope, not interested in the Shark/X-port. I am winning my game the old fashioned way. Thanks for the offer, though.

As for the race, it wasn't like I didnt win them, I knew from a previous run that anything less than 1100hp would get me left behind pretty quick against the Zonda racecars, so I went in well prepared. Yeah, the 1100hp C12s is a little squirrelly, but it does the job. It was just such a PITA to run through that tight pack of cars. Not to mention of of the pricks spun me by bumping me while in a corner when I was in 1st earlier in the first race and I had to catch up to all of them again!

I just don't having to manhandle the AI, but it is hard not to do when you are running that particular race. I was more interested if anyone was able to run a clean race against that competition with the C12S.
 
Originally posted by Taowulf
Nope, not interested in the Shark/X-port. I am winning my game the old fashioned way. Thanks for the offer, though.
Taowulf:

The Sharkport/X-port is not to be confused with the Gameshark, though they were originally made by the same company.

The Sharkport is a device that allows you to transfer game saves to and from your computer, so that you can trade garages etc. over the internet. UB wasn't advocating cheating, he was offering you a couple of specialized hybrid cars (mostly featuring reduced horsepower) that he developed for a series featuring the Lamborghini Diablo. One of which was labelled as a Zonda so it could run in the Italian AG, where it belongs.

[edit]
On the original subject, I ran the Italian AG in a 682hp C12S with the following:

T4 tires
race suspension
sport brakes with proportioning valve
NA/1 tuning
Balance/blueprint
chip
full customize transmission and LSD
triple clutch and race flywheel
Lightweight 1

This was good for a 3.low" to 7.mid" victory over the Zonda racers, with a fast lap of 1':20.493 at Rome Reverse.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Taowulf:

The Sharkport/X-port is not to be confused with the Gameshark, though they were originally made by the same company.

The Sharkport is a device that allows you to transfer game saves to and from your computer, so that you can trade garages etc. over the internet. UB wasn't advocating cheating, he was offering you a couple of specialized hybrid cars (mostly featuring reduced horsepower) that he developed for a series featuring the Lamborghini Diablo. One of which was labelled as a Zonda so it could run in the Italian AG, where it belongs.

[edit]
On the original subject, I ran the Italian AG in a 682hp C12S with the following:

T4 tires
race suspension
sport brakes with proportioning valve
NA/1 tuning
Balance/blueprint
chip
full customize transmission and LSD
triple clutch and race flywheel
Lightweight 1

This was good for a 3.low" to 7.mid" victory over the Zonda racers, with a fast lap of 1':20.493 at Rome Reverse.

I know he wasn't advocating cheating, it is just that I want to win the game "as is". Importing a hybrid would violate my own personal rules of conduct for my GT3 play.

Nice setup. If I chose to run the series again, I might give that a try. I should start documenting my times so that I can compare myself to others. I have a terrible memory for lap specifics.

I should also mention that I started at the back of the pack. I usually enjoy working my way through the pack, but this time it sucked.
 
Originally posted by Taowulf
I know he wasn't advocating cheating, it is just that I want to win the game "as is". Importing a hybrid would violate my own personal rules of conduct for my GT3 play.
Fair enough - most of us, including Uncle Bob, share similar rules of conduct. He's all about winning with the least amount of car possible, and the tightest margin.
I should start documenting my times so that I can compare myself to others. I have a terrible memory for lap specifics.
I built a small database on my Palm using thinkDB. Starting early on in Amateur, I've documented nearly every race or hot lap (300+ records) by series, level, car, tuning and setup, lap time, total time, pit schedule, and margin. It's very handy for reference.
I should also mention that I started at the back of the pack. I usually enjoy working my way through the pack, but this time it sucked.
Unless I'm using a drastically underpowered car, I usually do not qualify.
 
Hiya again Taowulf:
:D Sorry for the misunderstanding as I would NEVER advocate any sort of a cheat to win. Where would the phun be in that? (Just check my sig, I'm still stuck @ less than 100% 'cause I won't even use a car w/a number on it!)
Anyhow, I have most every ride I've ever used in any OLR saved on my hard drive & it's a simple matter to just send you the whole car. However I've copied the set-up info & here it is, hope it helps. (This was on T4s w/Mods already listed by Neon Duke)

Spring Rate..........10.8/10.7
Ride Height.............55/70
Bound.....................4/5
Rebound................10/9
Camber................2.7/1.5
Toe...................-0.5/+1.0
Stabs....................5/5

Brakes..................22/24

LSD....................15/30/15

1st.......................3.177
2nd......................2.154
3rd.......................1.578
4th.......................1.213
5th.......................0.977
6th.......................0.825
Auto Set...............30
Final Drive............3.778

Downforce......... .29/.60
ASM.....................0
TCS.....................4
VCD..................... N/A

PS: This is NOT a hybrid Zonda & my Diablo modded for this race wins it w/only 539 HP :eek: ...UB57 :D
 
Originally posted by UB57
Hiya again Taowulf:
:D Sorry for the misunderstanding as I would NEVER advocate any sort of a cheat to win. Where would the phun be in that? ...UB57
:D

On the other hand... I MIGHT advocate any sort of cheat to win... I have often "cheated" and modded my car to make it have "less" hp in order to have a more competitive race. There is TONS of phun to be had there.:p I have even decided to run equivalent of 1 1/2 turbos to make things "spicey and dicey". Yep, all in all... I'm a cheater!:cool: Course, I beat it fair and square to begin with!

phattboy
 
The avant garde was hard as hell. I just got frustrated and finally took a break. A few days later i came back to it and won it in like 3 races.
 
Originally posted by placebo
The avant garde was hard as hell. I just got frustrated and finally took a break. A few days later i came back to it and won it in like 3 races.

Does that mean you won the two races in three attempts?
 
o_O I figured this was sort of boring cause it was just Rome with generic cars so I just used a Zonda racecar modded to the max. If you're having trouble getting ahead of the pack, qualifying may be a wise idea, saves a few places even if you get swamped at the start.
 
Originally posted by Taowulf
Does that mean you won the two races in three attempts?

No, i mean that i won the 1st one then tried the 2nd one dozens of time with no luck. Then i took a break for a couple of days and came back and won it in a few attempts.
 
Originally posted by Eagle
o_O I figured this was sort of boring cause it was just Rome with generic cars so I just used a Zonda racecar modded to the max. If you're having trouble getting ahead of the pack, qualifying may be a wise idea, saves a few places even if you get swamped at the start.

If I wasn't clear, I did with both races the first try (I had run them in the past on a previous save as well), I was just commenting on how difficult it was to get through the pack without LOTS of contact.
 
I heard you, I was just saying, qualifying is a very real part of motorsport, why skip on it? It can add excitement at times, but it can add irritation at others.
 
I usually do not qualify because I like to fight my way through the pack. If you can put the car on the pole, usually you run away very quickly and it's a lonely race.
 
no its to hard.. my car cant keep up for some reason.. it has 1167 hp.. i think its over kill but they still outperform me on handling and cornering. I slide and have to brake really early i need major help
 
Originally posted by MeM
no its to hard.. my car cant keep up for some reason.. it has 1167 hp.. i think its over kill but they still outperform me on handling and cornering. I slide and have to brake really early i need major help

Drift, it helps a lot.
 
Yah im working on it, thjey always push me into the wall when i try to drift around he outside
 
Any tips or Settings will be greatly appreciated.. I just need something to keep up with them.
 
Originally posted by MeM
no its to hard.. my car cant keep up for some reason.. it has 1167 hp.. i think its over kill but they still outperform me on handling and cornering. I slide and have to brake really early i need major help
You can win this race with less than 700 hp, and I'm only an average driver.

Here's one tip: brake about twice as early as you think you need to. It's better to lose a little speed but keep some momentum than it is to wail down the straight, bang the wall, and have to claw back up from almost stopped.

Also, hang back from the crowd approaching the turns. Do your early-braking thing like I suggest above, and let them brake deep. By the time they slow down, you should be back on the gas and squirt through to the inside after the apex.
 
^ good advice

Also, if you mess up, try and have the cars behind you bump you back up to speed
 
Back