Zonda cup, fishy piting logic ?

I started the Italian avantgarde cup a few days ago.
I use the C12S Zonda with max power and T2 tires.
Rome 1: I was about 14 secs behind at the end of the 9th lap but everyone pited except me so I ended up wining by 5 or 6 seconds.
If I remember the pole time is 1min 21 sec ( I'm at work so I don't have my PS2 :) )
So I conclude that all the other cars are using at least T3 tires right ?
Now at Rome 2 the pole is still 1.21 but ... the oponents don't pit at all so I ended up losing by 3 or 4 secs

Can someone explain that ?
tia

P.S. Rome 2 with a Zonda is a real boring P.I.T.A. You bet the minute I win that Zonda racing model I'll take it to the scrap yard or sell it on ebay

Same thing happened to me, they didnt pit at all on Rome II. The Zonda race car is pretty cool though so dont just sell it off on eBay straight away. One trick that I found out about was on the first two corners you can brake late shift, into 2nd or 3rd maybe and ride the wall around the corner. Slice a couple of seconds of your time and gives you about a 1.5-2 second gap a lap. Otherwise keep driving hard eventually you will do it.

But about the pit strategy Im not sure why they dont pit on Rome II maybe because its backwards the tyre wear isnt as much (I know it sounds lame but im not sure about it really) and therefore they dont need to pit.

Hi Biased turkey:
:D The best advice I can give you is to LOSE a bunch of HP!!! We ran a Diablo with only 539 HP on T-2s during my series, w/one pit stop MANDATORY & almost everyone who entered beat the "AI" Zonda Racers in BOTH Directions!!! Granted the Diablo has better brakes than the C12, (but then, what ride doesn't! :lol: ) AND "Wall Riding" was NOT allowed! :irked:
BTW: The Zonda Racers run T-4s in both directions but DO Drive a bit more "aggresively" in the race where they pit....UB57 :D

You should know that there ia a "catch up" feature for the AI cars, so you can't get such a huge lead on them. Try using less power and softer tires, like UB57 said. You lose a lot of critical grip, and can't accelerate as quickly with max power.

No, why they pit in Rome 1 and not Rome 2 is just a guess. They have less tire wear, and don't need to pit. See how well your tires hold up on that course, and compare it to Rome 1. I bet tires wear out more quickly on Rome 1.

The easyiest way to win the zonda challenge which i haven't heard anyone say yet is...fix the zonda up to the max ....since there is no way of beating the zonda race car witrh a regular zonda just ride the sides and cut ppl off as much as u can and never pit!!!! u will win for sure!!! trust me. It may not be the most lagit way but who cares i rmeeber that race it was boring neways !!

yeh exactly, its only 2 races, get it out of the way, ya win an awsome car after it, i did wot maniacGT3 said, i didnt pit, i did the usuall racing untill my wheels were going red, then keep running along the walls, its the perfect track to do it. i only did that in the second race, the firts race is soo easy, i ended up winning by like 45 seconds, with a pit stop

ManiacGT3
The easyiest way to win the zonda challenge which i haven't heard anyone say yet is...fix the zonda up to the max ....since there is no way of beating the zonda race car witrh a regular zonda just ride the sides ...
:D I Beg to Differ with you ManiacGT3!!! Either of these Races is quite easily beaten w/C12 or C12S on T-4s w/only Stage I NA!!! What possible satisfaction can you gain by "Riding the Walls" :irked: to an "Easy" (but TOTALLY DIRTY) Victory??? ...UB57 :D

UB57
:D I Beg to Differ with you ManiacGT3!!! Either of these Races is quite easily beaten w/C12 or C12S on T-4s w/only Stage I NA!!! What possible satisfaction can you gain by "Riding the Walls" :irked: to an "Easy" (but TOTALLY DIRTY) Victory??? ...UB57 :D

Sure theres no satisfaction but if the guy just wants to beat it then what the heck tell him the ez way out!!! crap hes like way behind too !! :) :)

We seem to have .. conflicting opinions here.
ManiacGT3 suggest maximum power while UB57 goes with Stage1 and T4-s tires.

Yesterday I tried again with Stage3 tuning and T2 tires. At least I got the pole ( 1.21 minute ) but finished 4th at about 3 seconds behind the winner. The problem is that for laps 1, 2 and 3 the tires are cold and my lapping time is around 1.25 so everyone passes me and it becomes a demolition derby to gain just 2 positions. I feel sacrified like a christian in the Coliseum :)
Then I tried qualifying with Stage2 tuning and T3 tires but my times are increasing: around 1.26
I hate Rome2, I hate the Zonda that brakes like a soapbox car.
Ok I have to admit I have some great fun with the Vitz cup at Rome2.

I'll try harder tonight and maybe for the 1st time in my live ( I swear it ) I'll surf the web looking for a GT serie car setup.

PLEASE accept my Apology Biased turkey: :embarrassed:
:D It's been quite some time since I ran these races w/"Road" Zondas & I mis-stated some info above. I just re-ran the second race (since the "AI" Racers don't pit, making it the more difficult of the two). Indeed the C12S was easily able to best the field w/Stage 1 NA & ONE Pit Stop.
BUT...the C12 required Stage 2 NA to best them w/ONE Pit Stop! Both races were run with T-5s since thats the tyres I found on both rides. I'm sure a better driver could beat the "AI" with the C12 on harder tyres & without a Pit Stop with only Stage 1 NA but I fear it's beyond my modest ability. :indiff:
BTW: Don't be afraid to use others' settings!!! What little I know about chassis tuning in this game I've learned from several of the many great tuners out there! 👍 ...UB57 :D

You can win the Zonda race car somewhere in your travels along the GT3 game. Rumblings in my gut tell me it was the Rome Enduro, but that needs to be checked.
Use this car with no added parts, adjust the downforce to max front and back, dial in some camber and a easy race win is possible without buying the C12 or C12S.
First time I played I used a C12 S with upgrades for not so easy wins.

Uncle Harry
You can win the Zonda race car somewhere in your travels along the GT3 game. Rumblings in my gut tell me it was the Rome Enduro, but that needs to be checked.
Use this car with no added parts, adjust the downforce to max front and back, dial in some camber and a easy race win is possible without buying the C12 or C12S.
First time I played I used a C12 S with upgrades for not so easy wins.

if ya win the zonda racecar on the rome enduro, its out of luck for which there is 4 cars to win out of.

UB57
PLEASE accept my Apology Biased turkey: :embarrassed:

No problem, we pro drivers race with so many cars at so many tracks that it's easy to be confused :)

Anyway, I finally made it yesterday night. I won Rome2 with the C12S ( T4 tires, no pitstop, engine stage2 tuning, racing suspension with default tunung ).
I had the pole , ended 3rd at lap2 then make a comeback "forcing" my way .
At lap 10 the tires were completely red but it seems that the oponents were in the same situation because the time difference between me and the 2nd place stayed constant ( 3 secs ) for laps 7, 8, 9 and 10.

Just another case were more power is not always better.
Thanks to all the people who took some of their time to help, even with conflicting opinions :)

Starting last in the grid against the Zonda race cars in any modified C12 is quite the challenge as the Zonda pack is so tightly packed that passing without contact is nearly impossible.

I posted a mild rant about it a couple of months ago called "Zonda bumper cars" or somethign to that effect.

Good thing GT3 does not have any penalites for contact as GT4 is supposed to have. I would have never finished that series if it had.

:D Just a little "Heads Up"!!! Like most everyone else I've always "Bad Mouthed" the Zonda Road Cars' total LACK of Brakes!!! :eek::eek::eek: So last nite I used MK's Program to install the Zonda Race Car brakes on both my C12 & C12s, which are the strongest brakes in the Game. Quess what??? They still DON'T STOP!!! :irked: I must surmise the actual problem is LACK of Downforce!!!

The good news is that I believe the Rome II Race can be beaten without ANY NA Upgrades, starting LAST on the Grid & making one Pit Stop. I'll put the "Stock" brakes back on, try it again & report back if successfull. 👍 ...UB57 :D

I just won the second race (Rome II) witt the Zonda I won in the Race of N/A.

I put the biggest engine upgrade with super slick tires and I won starting last on the grid, didn't make one pit stop. It was very hard, you have to brake very early in order to be able to turn correctly. I also lowered the ride height to 0.

Then I used the Zonda Race Car to play it again with Medium tires, making one pitstop and they just couldn't catch up with me..

I tried this cup about 6 months ago before a break from GT 3. Like some peeps I found it difficult to tame this monster and just abandoned the race and the game altogether. Now I've completed the Tuscan, Elise and Clio cups it only seems the right thing to do the zonda cup. (keep calm, keep calm all will be good).

Talk about fishy pit logic. I was racing the Elise cup, Apricot hill. About 6 seconds behind the lead car for the first 7 laps and the idiot decides to pit in on lap 8 and hands me the race. I lost all satisfaction for the race even tho I was driving quite well with a car that I don't really like.

I Take it you were on super hard or hard race tyres. I think the IA cars use medium or medium hard tyres. So he most probobaly has to pit at lap 7 cos jis tyres are shot. I use similar tactics on the roadster endurance race. Just make sure he doesn`t get the 20 seconds or so ahead that he needs to get back out ahead of me.

I used Zonda C12S to win the Italian Event. Tuned NA to stage3 and use medium hard racing tyre front, hard racing tyre rear. To win Roma circuit II is a tough work, though. I win the match beyond the second by 3-4 minute with no pit.

Additional, you can use the Diablo GT JGTC (Lamboughini) to beat the powerful Zonda race car. It is one of the four gifts when you won the champion of Japanese GT Championship or won the Mistral 78 Laps Enduro.

Win the Mazda Roadster Enduro is as easy as other Enduros. In this match, the leader Mazda Roadster RS would pit once every 3 laps. You have enough time to catch him and leave him behind. If you choose the super hard racing tyre, you only have one pit in this 40 laps Enduro.

i just finished both races and it helped having a good setup and t4s it was a tight race especially rome11 but i lowered the hp to 750 that helped alot but i do think that the c12s or c12 are the worst cars in the game just because the car is fugly and handles realy bad even though its a MR which most MR have great handling the zonda just plain blows chunks

I drove both races again, except I downtuned my Zonda C12 from 912 hp to 627 hp. I was nearly a minute slower over the whole race in both cases, but still managed to win both. The reverse race was challenging because only 2 of the AI pitted - I only caught and passed the leader with 3 corners to go on the last lap (down the inside at the double right hander). I used medium-softs and pitted once on lap 5.

Back