Zonda LM at GTWC

• Thread starter Teshu
  • 24 comments
Hello I've had a search through the GTWC posts and I couldn't find myself an answer/opinion to this.

Just completed a few missions and got the Zonda LM car, do I stand much of a chance of winning the GTWC in the profesional hall with it? Would you recommned a turbo?

Also are there LM cars and LMP cars? not got enough cars yet to work it out and compare it myself.

So far the Zonda LM is my best car, I'm just about to hit 25% and open enduro hall but ideally I'd like to win the GTWC with the Zonda to take me over the 25%. I'm an Ok GT4 driver, getting better but still really getting to grips with the high speeds of the Zonda.

cheers folks
Teshu

You'll have more than LM or LMP cars in there... You'll have also Group C cars which are probably way too fast for your Zonda.

I'd recommand you to do some One-Make races in order to get to 25% instead of being humiliated in GTWC :P
Do those you have a car that matches. Reach 25% then do some enduro, there, you'll get a "real" car to match against GTWC.

Also, if you're only an OK GT4 driver, you'll need some practice to be able to drive fast cars like Group C's or LMP's.

Good luck on your races,
Snyp

I kinda suspected that, but wasn't sure.
Thought that a big turbo may make a diffrence. After a few attempts though don't think my skills are up to competing using the zonda, YET!! Just can't seam to get out of 5th place at le'mans track where I'd been test running my Zonda in GTWC.

I'll crack 25% tomorow I hope, and then off to El' Capitan.

Cruised through the missions to get the Zonda so there's hope yet and I'm still getting used to my new wheel.

Cheers dude 👍
Teshu

By the way, a stage4 turbo isn't always the answer... I mean, it's very powerfull for sure but the car become very hard to drive. Just be careful.

After that, when you'll get the Toyota 88C-V '89... Don't try to run it at full speed on the first you drive it... You'll see it yourself... VERY VERY FAST !
Get used to it, take it slow... Be sure you know the tracks BY HEART before driving this beast on it... Practice to be able to lap CONSISTENLY with an LM before trying to put records with a Group-C.

Cheers,
Good luck on your race.

Definitely get up your completion percentage before tackling this beast of a championship. The more practice you get, the better. And as Snyp said, it'll take you a while before you'll be competitive in a prototype car (LMP or Group C). The cars that are most competitive in this race championship are as follows:

LMP Class:
Audi R8 (4.5 mil or win from Sarthe 1 24hr)
Bentley Speed 8 (must win from Sarthe 2 24hr) <-actually LMGTP
BMW V12 LMR (4.5 mil)
Pescarolo C60 Courage (4.5 mil)
PlayStation Pescarolo C60 Judd (4.5 mil)

Group C Class:
Jaguar XJR-9 (3.5 mil or win from 50% Completion)
Mazda 787B (3.5 mil and BEST handling car EVAR, in my opinion)
Nissan R89C (win from final Driving Mission set #30-34)
Nissan R92CP (win from Fuji 1000km)
Peugeot 905 (3.5 mil, but beware its LONG shift lag)
Sauber Mercedes C9 (win from Formula GT; as such it is the ONLY car you cannot have for this championship)
Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V (win from El Capitan 200)

I noticed the Minolta Toyota 88C-V eats up the rear tires abit quicker than the rest though.

LMP Class:
Audi R8 (4.5 mil or win from Sarthe 1 24hr)
Bentley Speed 8 (must win from Sarthe 2 24hr)
BMW V12 LMR (4.5 mil)
Pescarolo C60 Courage (4.5 mil)
PlayStation Pescarolo C60 Judd (4.5 mil)

Group C Class:
Jaguar XJR-9 (3.5 mil or win from 50% Completion)
Mazda 787B (3.5 mil and BEST handling car EVAR, in my opinion)
Nissan R89C (win from final Driving Mission set #30-34)
Nissan R92CP (win from Fuji 1000km)
Peugeot 905 (3.5 mil, but beware its LONG shift lag)
Sauber Mercedes C9 (win from Formula GT; as such it is the ONLY car you cannot have for this championship)
Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V (win from El Capitan 200)

You missed 2 classes, and the Bentley Speed 8 isn't in the LMP class. It is actually LMGTP.

LMGTP Class:
Bentley Speed 8 (must win from Sarthe 2 24hr)

GT1 Class:
Toyota GT-ONE (Buy for 4.5 mil)
Nissan R390 GT1 (Buy for 4.5 mil)
Mercedes CLK GTR (Win the DTM)
McLaren F1 GTR LM (Win GT allstars. But you need to beat the GTWC, so cancel that)

If you have time and patience I suggest you get a Touring car and race the Deutsch Touring Car Meistershaft and win a bunch of CLK GTR's and sell them in order to get the Toyota GT-ONE or BMW V12 LMR or Pescarolo since you win the Audi R8 in the Sarthe I endurance and the Bentley Speed 8 in the Sarthe II endurance.

You're right about the Speed 8. I always figured it was an LMP because it was based on the LMP Audi drivetrain. Oops. I guess you learn something new every day.

As for the others, the GT1's you listed are also LMGTP class. However, except for the GT-0ne, none of them are even competitive in the GTWC except in the hands of a VERY good driver. At the 24hr Sarthe races, it's a different story, but here, the races are too short for a non-prototype car to be competitive.

Actually, the classes I stated of GT1 look at it in 1997 - 1998. McLaren F1 GTR was in the GT1 class, so was the Toyota GT-ONE and the cars I stated. A Toyota GT-ONE would be a cake walk in GTWC. Fit with proper tires in proper order of consumption. LMGTP Class came about when the Bentley EXP Speed 8 came into LeMans in 2001 and 2002. Changed the name to Bentley Speed 8 in 2003. Only 1 Exception is the Toyota GT-ONE in 1999 but it was the GTP class but in 1998 when the Toyota GT-ONE first came out it was the GT1 Class just like the CLK GTR. The only Mercedes to be in GTP is the CLR that ended up flipping. As for the Nissan R390 GT1 It didn't compete in 1999 but in 1997-1998 in the GT1 class.

In conclusion they are capable of winning. All you need is patience to tune them using a powerful device called LSD.
In my opinion as we both stated the GT-ONE is a cake walk but the Nissan R390 GT1 can be just as competitive dispite its weight, it can be made fast. Stage 3 Turbo which should take it to 939hp give or take a few hp. Tune your gearing per track, and find the right grid and your laughing.

Thanks for all the info,

I've got some new settings for the Zonda , think I'll remove the turbo later and have a practice when it's got less HP. I'm getting there with it, I can get out 5th place on some GTWC races with it now :)

I've been looking at the DMT - do I have to buy a german touring car? can't I win one. I'm currently saving credits for as many black beauties as can afford. coming up to 600 and summit days. I've done a fair few capri rallies (easy) to sell the rally car you win there, a change would be nice though. I really hope a 787B is avalaible.

I've been getting used to the high speed cars by practicing and improving my Special license times, as I just wizzed through them to get all bronze at first.

Got my 25% car now, DON'T like IT :grumpy: . It handles wierd!! Trying to use it to win deutshce liga B. and just keep falling off the road - especially at the ring.

Got to wait till monday for El' Capitan as havent got 4 hours free in a row till then, well not without bieng shouted at by her worshipfulness for neglecting her.

As For the DTM, You need a Touring Car, it doesn't have to be German, I won it in an ALFA 155 Touring Car. You can buy a 787B with 3.5 million and is worth the price also it has excellent tire life. The Minolta has excellent handling but as we all stated the rear tire life isn't too great. If you do win it, test it with a medium front and hard rear and see how many laps it takes you before you have to pit.

Four of the eligible DTM cars are prize cars:
Germany:Mercedes Legends of the Silver Arrow --> Mercedes CLK Touring Car
Germany:embarrassed:pel Speedster Trophy --> Opel/Vauxhall Calibra Touring Car
Schwarzwald Liga B --> AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5-16 Evo II Touring Car
La Festa Italiano --> Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6

Three can be purchased:
Opel/Vauxhall Astra (550,000 Cr)
Audi A4 Touring Car (450,000 Cr)
Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car (550,000 Cr)

All seven can win the DTM, but it's easiest with the Mercedes CLK, the Astra or one of the Audis and hardest with the Mercedes 190E.

As for the GTWC, the Audi R8 is a nice ride for this series. You can purchase it for 4,500,000 credits or win it at the Sarthe I enduro. However, like the R92CP, the car you you would need to win the enduro can itself win the GTWC.

My choice would be the Mazda 787B, either new or used.

And, of course, there's always the Formula GT (Nurburgring 24 hrs prize car). You can even B-spec the GTWC with the FGT.

I now have 1 787B sitting in my garage and an 88cv. :)

I didn't realise any touring car could enter the DMT :dunce:

Shall have anothe rlook and see whats in my garage, golt the 190E but struggled to compete with it.

I Won a race!!!! at the GTWC. :)
An easy victory in at R246. A good 15 seconds ahead, in my Black 787B.
Can you do all the GTWC races on hard tyres with no pits in the 787B?

Toddled off to the DMT after winning legends of the silver arrow and getting the CLK Touring car. Once thats finnished I'll be off to the GTWC championship which I fully intend to WIN!!!

Done some B-specing of enduros too, it kinda feels like cheating :guilty:

Thanks for all the help and pointers 👍

Are the black versions of the race cars a bit slower than the new versions you'd win or buy? or does a chassis refresh and change of oil make them 'good as new'.

Not quite as good as new, but close. A brand new 787B with an oil change will have 843 bhp, but a black 787B with an oil change will only have 803 bhp. Typically, you will lose about 5% of your horsepower due to mileage.

5% ehh. Thats quite a bit when it equates to 40 hp.
Still given the car's less than half the cost of a new 787B I'll survive.
And I'm sure that cool black car goes faster cos it's cool and black.

^nah. It has to be red to be faster. Hence the numerous high-speed runs with the GT-0ne!

The black R92CP was also a good choice for a "bargain prototype" if you picked it up during days 694-700. However, I still favor the black R390 GT1. Whenever my calendar rolls around to that date, I'll be picking it up first. It's gonna be my car choice for the Sarthe 2 24hr.

Red is OK for a car colour but I'd never want to own a red car irl. I've been told that people (in general) have a blind spot for red so often miss red cars, well don't see them and fail to miss them in thier car, resulting in more accidents invoving red cars. (IRL girlfriends just started looking for a new car to replace our BMW 5series, she now wants a black cab and no red car will even be considered).

I got the R92CP bargainblack beauty, not raced it much yet just started GTWC with the 787B.
I'm up to race 6 and I just need 33 points from 5 races to clinch the championship . I spent last night trying to sleep as I planned the pit startegy for New York. I have issues with that track cos of the time spent there trying to do mission 11.

I tried a few practice runs in the GTWC racing on super hards but found that I couldn't compete at all and couldn't even make up the diffrence when the competition pitted. Does anyone race on super hards in any GTWC races?

Teshu

I&#180;ve done all so far on superhard in the rear and hard in the front (I&#180;m replaying GT4 for the third time). The only exception so far was Hong Kong, where I had hard rear/medium front. I just did New York, and won by almost a minute.
No biggie though, since my toughest competition is the Toyota GT-One. The rest of the field made me wish I had taken a different car to the series, instead of the Jag XJR-9. Total overkill! The others are; Merc CLK-GTR, Toyota 7, Ford GT LM Spec I, Camaro LM. Could probably have taken the Zonda and still won.

^Wow. That has to be the weakest lineup I've ever seen for that race. The only times I've raced the GTWC, I've faced a lineup that has at least 3 prototypes, often all 5. Usually, one of the lighter Group C's gives me the most trouble, but often I can beat them fairly easily in a stock prototype (whether LMP or Group C).

Yeah, I know! It&#180;s rediculous! The first time I did this I had much stiffer competition (think I was up against the 88C-V, the R92CP, an R8, GT-One and the CLK-GTR, could be wrong though, its about two years ago)! But now... I don&#180;t know what happened. I didn&#180;t do any "in and outs" of the series to change the startingfield either.

I think I had a pretty competative line up for my GTWC, an 88-CV, R92CP, R82CP gave me some competition in my 787B. The CLK and Vertigo race car didn't trouble me. I think I had it won by race 7 in the end :)

I found it one of the most enjoyable competitions I've done, 1st time I'd realy driven the race cars on GT4 in anger. Takes some time to get used to the speed but totally rewarding in the end. Onto the extreme hall now, although definetly going back to race it again in a week or two (probably with my Zonda) now I've got pit strategies worked out.

Although I really want the Bently 8 to race in now.

Back