Zonda Race car setup?

Currently driving the Zonda Race car at stock settings (except for the brakes, which have at 7,7) with the Turbo kit taking it up to 1000+ bhp (Which is rather alot, I didn't particularly want to splash out on it since I figured it would make my life even harder, but I needed the extra power).

Now, I could never get the hang of the Zonda in GT3, and the trend seems to be continuing here - I always turn the driving aids off, but with them enabled the car just doesn't want to turn at all. With them disabled the slightest nudge will send you in a spin.

Anyone have any settings that might sort this out?

WoodenSpoon
Currently driving the Zonda Race car at stock settings (except for the brakes, which have at 7,7) with the Turbo kit taking it up to 1000+ bhp (Which is rather alot, I didn't particularly want to splash out on it since I figured it would make my life even harder, but I needed the extra power).

Now, I could never get the hang of the Zonda in GT3, and the trend seems to be continuing here - I always turn the driving aids off, but with them enabled the car just doesn't want to turn at all. With them disabled the slightest nudge will send you in a spin.

Anyone have any settings that might sort this out?
I have also been playing with the Zonda a little to try and sort it out. This is what I have so far.
Springs 15.8/15.8
Height: 70/70
Bound: 6*/7
Rebound: 7/8
Camber: 2.7/1.7
Toe: -1/0* good turn in on most tracks. 0/+1 on the ring for added stability referrenced below
Stab 5/5
ASM 0/0 TCS 1 (no turbo)
LSD 20/40/17* Good all around. The 'Ring is a little tough to tune If you have a tendency to go smell the flowers on the road side you'll need to lower initial to around 15. Also the Zonda has a high speed coasting into corners problem that a 30-35 deceleration effect will help with.
Brakes: 6/4*

I think I lowered the Auto Tranny a couple of clicks on a few tracks. With this setup it turns good on acceleration out of corners but still turns a little too good on deceleration into corners. Corner entry is a little touchy. Trail braking is out of the question. Good straight line braking is key, and slight throttle on during corner entry and hard throttle on on corner exit is vital. It is a work in progress. ANY feedback would be appreciated.

JParker

Edit: the settings above with an * have been edited.

WoodenSpoon
My Zonda is B-speccing it's way around the Nurburgring 24Hr endurance, but I'll give them a go and get back to you when he's done, thanks! :)
Yea, let me know how bad the Zonda slaughters Nurb 24hour. I used the Camaro LM (poor tire wear) and lapped the entire field multiple times with the exception of the Audi TT-R which Bob was within 3 or so seconds from catching him.

JParker
Yea, let me know how bad the Zonda slaughters Nurb 24hour. I used the Camaro LM (poor tire wear) and lapped the entire field multiple times with the exception of the Audi TT-R which Bob was within 3 or so seconds from catching him.

I had to pull him out after 4 or so hours!

I think Steve (the B-spec man) was pitting on every lap even though I was using hard tyres, and he lost alot of time that way. He didn't have much experience either, that might have contributed too. He won the El Capitan endurance no probs though. :)

I only got the chance to try the settings breifly, and with sports tyres, which probably wasn't ideal.

Without the turbo they're pretty good, they're more stable than stock settings.

With the turbo it became really unstable on the straights, but that could have been more to do with the tyres I was using.

I'll have another go once I've finished the GT World Cup with the Minolla!

the settings above are so sensitive.

If you are on the gas and you go on the curb it automatically spins out. and same with steep downhills.

with teh zonda S 7.3

Back