Zonda Races

Max Powers

(Banned)
XBL: MelBlount
MelBlount
I went back and tried to do the Zonda races with my C12S...a lot more challanging than with the racecar...I won the first race by about 15 seconds b/c the AI cars all pitted, So I was just chillin the second race with a 2 second lead...when I slam into a ****ing wall, spin out, and get my rear slammed by the passing AI Cars, this was on the 9th lap. Naturally I wasn't too worried, I just expected them to pit like they did on the first race, why didn't they? Was it because they weren't winning in the first race and they were in the second, or do they just not pit in that race regardless?

I noticed this as well. The second race they didn't pit. After reviewing many replays from the AI positions, I found that they only pit when their tires are blatantly red.

After surveying that replay, their tires wore less in the Forward race, than they did in the backwards race. In essence, a diminishing radius corner requires you brake at a different rate, than an expanding radius corner.

Thus saving tire wear. You chousl also have noticed that you ran faster lap times one way than the other.

AO

having tracked AI cheating fairly extensively (most likely, more than anyone on this forum, as much as I hat et o hink that...) I believe this is one of the races that has the least amount of cheating.

AO

GT Hero79, please stop it. You've already expressed your opinion once, so there's no need to keep re-iterating it.

Anyway, I noticed this too... I'm quite confounded that PD would have AI cars that pit on the last lap-- it shows awful pit strategy. The game would be nicely competitive it they had the Zonda racers running on stickier tires, and pitting midway... oh well.

AO's typing with his gloves on again. :P

Nigma: I state that there is less cheating in this race, as the entire Zonda field tends to stay very close in the race. The extent of AI cheating in the beginner races, and Amateur races is blatant. For instance, AI getting a boost from 90mph to 115mph only because you are in front of them. I have noticed that in races with Tire wear, there is considerably less instance of the AI to get a boost. In this race, the AI ran very clean, and raced efficiently.

If you have a sharkport, I'd be happy to upload two distinct instance of AI cheating through out a race. Instance that you can watch with your own eyes.

On the Zonda races, I have yet to come close to a win in the C12S, I've always had to run it in the Race car.

YC: nope no gloves, mittens.

AO

Back