Zoning out at Dragon Trail

  • Thread starter Thread starter jasguer
  • 9 comments
  • 1,280 views
Messages
343
United States
Wisconsin
Messages
lowlyfe45
So, I was qualifying for Dragon Trail and around lap 40 I was zoning out and my mind started to wander. Here’s where it went, kind of my ‘Racers Creed’ I guess:

I don’t race you, I race the clock. Always searching for that tenth of a second faster around this corner or a tenth of a second earlier back on the throttle after that corner. You and I just happen to be in the same place in the same moment in time. If we become friends, that’d be great, but that wouldn’t change a thing. I don’t dislike you, I race the clock. Every day I get older, my reaction time will slow, vision will fade, muscles will weaken. I race the clock. At the end of the day, the only things that matter are; Did I race clean? Did I race fast? and Will the clock continue to tick for me?
 
...Every day I get older, my reaction time will slow, vision will fade, muscles will weaken... Will the clock continue to tick for me?
Jesus... I play GTS to take my mind off from my never-ending thoughts of death, not encourage them :nervous:
As a "Racers' Creed" though it's pretty good! :cheers:
 
I'd say half of my sport races that I win, are won on dragon trail, usually the one make, love that course. Zoning out or as I call it meditation because you are in a relaxed enough state of mind to come up with such brilliance!
 
Alsace is my zen track. Glad I'm not the only one who mulls over life's futility, joy, sorrow and possibilities. Not got to philosophical poetry as of yet. A hint of Yeats.
Not bad @jasguer
 
I don't race to race the clock. If I did, I would just sit in Time Trial all day. I race for that great feeling of clean driving with other people. When it's really good, it's like an elegant ballet. When it's bad, it's like Picasso's Guernica. But I keep searching for that poetry in motion.
 
I'd probably have similar thoughts if I didn't keep crashing at that bloody bus stop every five laps or so...
 
Back