Zoning out at Dragon Trail

• Thread starter jasguer
  • 9 comments
United States
Wisconsin
lowlyfe45
So, I was qualifying for Dragon Trail and around lap 40 I was zoning out and my mind started to wander. Here’s where it went, kind of my ‘Racers Creed’ I guess:

I don’t race you, I race the clock. Always searching for that tenth of a second faster around this corner or a tenth of a second earlier back on the throttle after that corner. You and I just happen to be in the same place in the same moment in time. If we become friends, that’d be great, but that wouldn’t change a thing. I don’t dislike you, I race the clock. Every day I get older, my reaction time will slow, vision will fade, muscles will weaken. I race the clock. At the end of the day, the only things that matter are; Did I race clean? Did I race fast? and Will the clock continue to tick for me?

I'd say half of my sport races that I win, are won on dragon trail, usually the one make, love that course. Zoning out or as I call it meditation because you are in a relaxed enough state of mind to come up with such brilliance!

I don't race to race the clock. If I did, I would just sit in Time Trial all day. I race for that great feeling of clean driving with other people. When it's really good, it's like an elegant ballet. When it's bad, it's like Picasso's Guernica. But I keep searching for that poetry in motion.

Back