ZR1 help

• Thread starter IMSPEED1
  • 14 comments
Netherlands
Holland
IMSPEED1
Hi,
So I got the ZR1, tuned it for drag, but I kinda got stuck on it. I can't get this car to run faster. I'm sure this car can run much faster. I would appreciate any help you guys could give me.
Here's my tune:
Ride height: highest/highest
Spring rates: lowest/highest
Dampers: stock
Anti-roll bars: stock
Camber: -1.00/0.00

gearbox:
First set Final Drive to 2.575, then max speed to lowest.
Here are my gears:
1st: 4.922 (lowest)
2nd: 3.532 (lowest)
3rd: 2.880
4th: 2.395
5th: 2.025
6th: 1.723

All upgrades installed, except Carbon hood, and no downforce upgrades.
I launch this car in 2nd gear, with a semi-quickshift into 3rd at 7000 rpm. I shift the rest of the gears at around 7200 rpm. Any questions about my car, ask me about it and I'll awnser them.
Thanks in advance!

Well, you can start by putting a carbon hood on it.

I'm not on the game at the moment. But try moving your third to the left a little, and shifting into 3rd a little quicker..

Take the camber off.
Dampers all at 1
Roll bars at 1
Raise your front springs to max as well.
Make sure your ballast is set towards your rear.
Raise your flip so you can have 5th and 6th full right and 2nd full left.
Hope it helps.
If you find yourself still getting treed, then change your ebreak to down on the right analog stick.

Take the camber off.
Dampers all at 1
Roll bars at 1
Raise your front springs to max as well.
Make sure your ballast is set towards your rear.
Raise your flip so you can have 5th and 6th full right and 2nd full left.
Hope it helps.
If you find yourself still getting treed, then change your ebreak to down on the right analog stick.
Thanks for the tips, but my 2nd gear is already to full left. But will try your other tips and will let you know how it works when I tested them.👍
Well, you can start by putting a carbon hood on it.

I'm not on the game at the moment. But try moving your third to the left a little, and shifting into 3rd a little quicker..
Thanks for your tips too, accidentally forgot to put carbon hood on my ZR1.

Last edited:
I am guessing you moved you're final gear down to 2.000 after you set you're gears?
You're Suspension is fine btw.

Edit: I've tried you're car out, tune seems okays enough, you can work on it more. Up to you, but might depend on how you're tree is, depends on you're win. (Tree is see'ing ghost react to it asap) Now I played around with couple of gears by couple of point's.
Also, don't QS depending on you're rpm's. QS depending on you're speed. Which best at around 20mph.
3: 2.874
4; 2.377
5; 1.997
6; 1.690

Last edited:
Now this is the proper way to ask for help, unlike those tune beggers that don't even bother to try and tune the car themselves first. I respect this because as least @IMSPEED1 attempted to tune the car before asking for help.
Thanks, I'm really wanting to learn how to tune, and I thought this would be a good start to ask for help.
I am guessing you moved you're final gear down to 2.000 after you set you're gears?
You're Suspension is fine btw.

Edit: I've tried you're car out, tune seems okays enough, you can work on it more. Up to you, but might depend on how you're tree is, depends on you're win. (Tree is see'ing ghost react to it asap) Now I played around with couple of gears by couple of point's.
Also, don't QS depending on you're rpm's. QS depending on you're speed. Which best at around 20mph.
3: 2.874
4; 2.377
5; 1.997
6; 1.690
Yes, I've put my final gear down to 2000. I'll try your gear ratios soon.

Gearing should be as follows for most 6 speed transmission with a 23qs

2nd- full left
3rd- don't touch
4th- 75-80% right
5th- full right
6th- full right (maybe stretch back a little depending on tune)

This goes for a lot of high HP RWD's... Use this gearing and just play with your flip. You'll get it

Last edited:
It may sound weird but loosen the rear a tad bit. You don't want too much spin but no spin is bad. I suggest down by -5 of Max rear spring rate. Experiment. You'll want to adapt where you shift for 2 3 but it is a margin of 1000.

2nd- full left
3rd- don't touch
4th- 75-80% right
5th- full right

This goes for a lot of high HP RWD's... Use this gearing and just play with your flip. You'll get it
Made a new flip with these tips, and I have to say it works great. The car feels just way better than what I had before.
It may sound weird but loosen the rear a tad bit. You don't want too much spin but no spin is bad. I suggest down by -5 of Max rear spring rate. Experiment. You'll want to adapt where you shift for 2 3 but it is a margin of 1000.
Tried to experiment with this on my own ghost, but I don't seem to find that much difference. If I put it -5 down at the rear, the car launches actually the same, and I don't see much improvement. Tried to also put the rear -10, but with that, the car launched slower than before. Still experimenting though, could be just my shifts and/or position at the grid.

2nd- full left
3rd- don't touch
4th- 75-80% right
5th- full right

Made a new flip with these tips, and I have to say it works great. The car feels just way better than what I had before.
Tried to experiment with this on my own ghost, but I don't seem to find that much difference. If I put it -5 down at the rear, the car launches actually the same, and I don't see much improvement. Tried to also put the rear -10, but with that, the car launched slower than before. Still experimenting though, could be just my shifts and/or position at the grid.

It may have to do with me stretching my gears by using a box of 162. Probably. See what happens when you stretch, focus on getting to 3rd smoother. I won't be on because of the 4th and once I'm back I'll gladly run with you.

It may have to do with me stretching my gears by using a box of 162. Probably. See what happens when you stretch, focus on getting to 3rd smoother. I won't be on because of the 4th and once I'm back I'll gladly run with you.
Looking forward to running with you to compare.

Back