ZR1 RM Tuning Problem- Won't Allow Engine Mods

edgecrusher29
When I did the RM to my ZR1, it installed the first level of engine modifications automatically (there is a check mark next the to 2500 CR). However, it won't allow me to do level 2, it keeps saying "Engine Mods must be installed in the proper order". However, it does take the money out of my account (I clicked through to buy it twice). Luckily, I shut down the machine before auto-save, but haven't been back yet to try it again. Anyone else have this problem? (US Version)

Yeah you have to install all engine mods before you do the RM. The RM will uninstall them when you apply it but you can then go back and reapply them. If you do the RM first it won't let you buy and install them though. You're gonna have to start with a fresh ZR1 if you want to max out its potential. Sorry bro. Bad game design at its finest...

If you do the RM it will automatically add all the engine mods so do it right after to buy the car else you'll be paying double for all the parts.

Yeah you have to install all engine mods before you do the RM. The RM will uninstall them when you apply it but you can then go back and reapply them. If you do the RM first it won't let you buy and install them though. You're gonna have to start with a fresh ZR1 if you want to max out its potential. Sorry bro. Bad game design at its finest...

Wow, that's hella gay. I took the advice from another thread of NOT installing any mods prior to RM so that I wouldn't pay for them twice. That's basically 500k down the drain for nothing.

I don't know about that... I'm pretty sure you can just go to your garage and click the link that says tuning.

Make sure all of the engine mods are checked and installed. Some times I've found that applying the racing mods just un-applys the redundant ones and you need to go back in and check them off again... then you can buy the high priced tiers of said mods.

give it a shot.

I don't know about that... I'm pretty sure you can just go to your garage and click the link that says tuning.

Make sure all of the engine mods are checked and installed. Some times I've found that applying the racing mods just un-applys the redundant ones and you need to go back in and check them off again... then you can buy the high priced tiers of said mods.

give it a shot.

I'll try that out tonight, thanks for the tip.

I RMed a completely stock standard ZR1 last night. Then did the engine mods no problem. None were ticked and I just installed them in order.

Sounds like a glitch or a bit of corruption in your data somewhere. :indiff:

If you do the RM it will automatically add all the engine mods so do it right after to buy the car else you'll be paying double for all the parts.

give it a shot.

Can someone please confirm if we're supposed to install tuning upgrades first or race mods first? Is there a disadvantage to doing one first over the other?

No. you will just be paying double. Do the RM first then tune it in your "garage" if you still more upgrades (it is fine imo with out installing more) then go purchase what you need.

I mean certainly give these other tips a try but I'm pretty sure I'm right. Be sure and let us know. Maybe it's a glitch that only affects some people but I don't know.

I went back and checked, I owned tier 1 engine mod, but it was not installed. Once I went to my garage and reinstalled it, tier 2 and 3 went on no problem. I believe final hp was 839 (low miles, not broken in yet).

I went back and checked, I owned tier 1 engine mod, but it was not installed. Once I went to my garage and reinstalled it, tier 2 and 3 went on no problem. I believe final hp was 839 (low miles, not broken in yet).

Sounds like you wasted money then. Everyone I know who RM'ed their ZR1 first and then installed the mods afterward got similar horsepower, except they didn't have to spend on some upgrades since the RM automatically applied that. For example, after RM'ing their vehicle, they went straight to engine upgrade 3 or so.

Sounds like you wasted money then. Everyone I know who RM'ed their ZR1 first and then installed the mods afterward got similar horsepower, except they didn't have to spend on some upgrades since the RM automatically applied that. For example, after RM'ing their vehicle, they went straight to engine upgrade 3 or so.

I had only installed engine mod tier 1, racing filter and catalytic converter prior to RM, so I didn't waste that much.

I had only installed engine mod tier 1, racing filter and catalytic converter prior to RM, so I didn't waste that much.

Then that's not an accurate picture to determine whether there's any difference between doing one or the other first. I think you barely bumped the hp after three mods. I'm hoping Cory Gillmore can provide his numbers. For some reason I thought you two were the same person. My bad.

Im glad the first thing i did was tune the zr1 to the max before i even knew of race mod. im workin on a tune for the zri now ..

Last edited:
Im glad the first thing i did was tune the zr1 to the max before i even knew of race mob. im workin on a tune for the zri now ..

Did you read the thread? Supposedly you save money by doing RM first before maxing the mods even though they have similar power in the end.

Back