• 201 comments

Müle

inhaler of the rifftree
Premium
Canada
Ontario
aoYcViK.png

nascar-sprint-cup-logo-transparent.png

Note: everything in this post is subject to change, as not everything is final. Any changes will be highlighted, and a post will be made in the thread announcing it

Introduction
PURE's first ever series using the popular Stock Cars of NASCAR is the first ever NASCAR series for Gran Turismo 6 on GTPlanet.

Tracing its roots to the old GTP Nascar Sprint Cup series for GT5, hosted by @MustangRyan, this is intended to serve not as a continuation, but as a refresh; with more efficient regulations (but not any more strict), and an emphasis on fun competition, with zero tolerance for drama.

Unlike the aforementioned series, this series is open to anyone who wants to join, with no "team owners" and sign-ups will remain open throughout the entire season. Anyone who is a clean driver can join, even on a part-time basis.

Races will be hosted in a lobby hosted by me. Make sure that MULE_9242 is added on your PSN friends list.

Race Start Time

Saturdays | 21:00 UTC | 4:00 PM EST |13:00 PM PST | 10:00 PM CET

Room opens 1 hours earlier!

Click here to view the time in your area

If you do not have a PURE Account, sign up for one here:

http://pure.gate19.net/index.php?page=register
nascar-bar-separator.png
Schedule

Preseason: Jägermeister Double Shot

January 4th
Daytona International Speedway
2x 40 + 1 lap heats / 200 miles
650 HP / Racing Hard

Round 1: Daytona 500 (Grand Slam Race 1)
January 11th
199 + 1 laps / 500 miles
650 HP / Racing Hard
Winner: GTP_Jammy

Round 2: Fanatec 100
January 18th
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
83 + 1 laps / 100 miles
700 HP / Racing Medium

Round 3: Clabber Girl 150
January 25th
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
60 + 1 laps / 150 miles
750 HP / Racing Medium

Round 4: Polyphony Digital 200 (Grand Slam Race 2)
February 1st
High Speed Ring
81 + 1 laps / 200 miles
700 HP / Racing Hard

Round 5: Mountain Dew Rebel 200
February 8th
Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway
133 + 1 laps / 200 miles
750 HP / Racing Medium

Round 6: Rob Ford's Drunken Stupor 150k
February 15th
Suzuka Circuit East
2x 33 + 1 laps / 150 km
700 HP / Racing Medium

Round 7: Rolex 200
February 22nd
80 + 1 laps / 200 miles
650 HP / Racing Hard

Round 8: iRacing.com 200k Funded by the Senate of Canada
March 1st
Apricot Hill Raceway
44 +1 laps / 200 km
700 HP / Racing Hard

Round 9: Southern (Japan) 300 (Grand Slam Race 3)
March 8th
TR Motegi SuperSpeedway
199 + 1 laps / 300 miles
750 HP / Racing Medium

Round 10: Holden 150k
March 15th
Mount Panorama Racing Circuit
25 +1 laps / 150 km
700 HP / Racing Medium

Round 11: Jägermeister/Red Bull 200k
March 1st
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
34 + 1 laps / 200 km
700 HP / Racing Hard

Round 12: Brickyard 400 (Grand Slam Race 4)

March 29th
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
160 + 1 laps / 400 miles
750 HP / Racing Hards

Car regulations
  • Only the 2013 "Gen 6" Nascars will be permitted for use
  • Cars will be restricted to the following horsepower limit and tire compound for each different type of track
  • You may NOT use any other tire compound (softer or harder) other than the one listed for that specific track

Racing Rules
  • NO CAUTIONS - use this as an extra motivation to RACE CLEAN
  • Two tires must remain in contact with the track at all times.
    • At Daytona and SSRX, the "apron" (area between the bottom yellow line and the grass/paved runoff) is NOT track and you may NOT run on it to make a pass.
    • On road courses, curbing/rumble strips and most hard surfaces attached to white boundary lines are track; different considerations may be made at certain tracks.
    • Concrete patches, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track.
  • When exiting pit road, you may merge onto the racing line as soon as it is safe to do so. You must make certain that you will not impede any other cars while merging. Harsh penalties will be applied to those who cause an accident while exiting the pits.
    • The same thing applies for drivers rejoining the track after spinning or otherwise leaving the racing surface.
  • Lapped Drivers may not impede the progress of the lead lap cars. They may, however, choose to help a lead lap car by bump drafting, etc.
  • Bump drafted is permitted on all tracks, provided it is safe to do so.
  • If you cause an accident for any reason that causes another driver to spin out, you must wait for all affected drivers to rejoin the track, and allow them to overtake you before returning to race speed. Doing so proves it was unintentional, and will lessen any penalties applied to you.
  • Slight bumping and rubbing is inevitable and permitted, but intentionally punting a driver out of the way ("bump-and-run") to overtake him, or worse, intentionally spinning him out, is strictly prohibited. Penalties will be applied for any and all punts, and there will be zero tolerance for dumping another driver.
  • If you have any issue with another driver, either send that driver a PM, or send a PM to @Müle @Niop or @Wardez
    • Any insults or drama that are brought to the main thread will be reported, deleted, and participants ejected from the series without hesitation.

Lobby Settings

(exact settings TBD after I get more time in online)
  • Room Mode - Practice/Race
  • Room Privacy - Public
  • Race Quality - Very High
  • Voice Chat Quality - Low (kept on to aid communication while racing in tight packs; may be turned off at least for Road Courses if lag is an issue)
  • Fixed Room Host - Unfixed
  • Maximum Number of Participants - 16

Race Settings
  • Start type - Grid Start; Grid Order: Fastest First (N/A to our rolling start format)
  • Boost - Off
  • Penalty - None
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption - Normal
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge - Real
  • Minimum Number of Pit Stops - 0
  • Require Tire Type Change - Off
  • Race Finish Delay - 180 seconds
  • Visible Damage - Off
  • Mechanical Damage - Limited
  • Slipstream Strength - Weak

Car Selection Method: Garage; Car Filter: Filter by Performance Settings
  • PP Limit - N/A
  • Max Power Limit - See Car Rules above
  • Minimum Weight (kgs):1565
  • Drivetrain - FR
  • Tires - See Car Rules above
  • Nitrous - Prohibited
  • Vehicle Tuning - Unlimited

Limit Driving Options
  • Skid Recovery Force - Prohibited
  • Active Steering - Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM) - Prohibited
  • Driving Line - Prohibited
  • Traction Control - Prohibited
nascar-bar-separator.png

Teams

Teams

Since there are a limited number of Gen 6 Nascars in the game, there will be duplicate cars. There will be 5 teams, with two different cars in each team.

Each team must have at least 1 of the 2 different cars before more more drivers can join that team.

(CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING ANY MORE HENDRICK MOTORSPORTS ENTRIES)

Earnhardt Ganassi Racing
  • #42 Chevy:
  • #88 Chevy

Roush-Petty Motorsports
  • #43 Ford:
  • #99 Ford

Joe Gibbs Racing
  • #11 Toyota:
  • #18 Toyota

Stewart-Haas Racing
  • #14 Chevy:
  • #20 Toyota
nascar-bar-separator.png

Qualifying:

-10 Minutes before the race, solo qualifying.

Rolling Starts

• Every race (Except SSRX) will have a formation lap and rolling start.
  • The formation lap is used to sort all cars into proper grid order before the race
  • The pole sitter chooses which lane he wants before the race starts. The 2nd place car will lead the lane not chosen.
    • All other cars will be in their assigned lane regardless of which lane the pole sitter chooses. Odd numbered cars will start on the inside, Even numbered cars on the outside.
  • The start is not staggered; 1st and 2nd will start directly beside each other, as will 3rd and 4th, 5th and 6th, etc.
  • Maintain a pace speed of 60 mph / 100 km/h
  • Absolutely no weaving on the formation lap; it does more harm than good
  • Unless otherwise noted, the start line in the game will be where the polesitter accelerates
  • You may not attempt to pass any car in your lane until you cross the start line (don't jump out of line except to avoid a wreck)
  • Races at SSRX will start at the 1000 meter line.

Points and Championship
1st place - 35 points
2nd place - 33 points
3rd place - 31 points
4th place - 29 points
5th place - 28 points
6th place - 27 points
7th place - 26 points
8th place - 25 points
9th place - 24 points
10th place - 23 points
11th place - 22 points
12th place - 21 points
13th place - 20 points
14th place - 19 points
15th place - 18 points
16th place - 17 points
17th place - 16 points
18th place - 15 points
19th place - 14 points
20th place - 13 points
21st place - 12 points
22nd place - 11 points
23rd place - 10 points
24th place - 9 points
25th place - 8 points
26th place - 7 points
27th place - 6 points
28th place - 5 points
29th place - 4 points
30th place - 3 points
31st place - 2 points
32nd place - 1 point

Bonus Points

+1 for winning pole
+1 for leading a single lap
+1 for leading the most laps on an oval
+1 for the fastest lap on a road course
+5 for winning a triple crown race

Drivers championship
  • After 12 rounds, the driver with the highest points total wins the championship
  • A drivers 2 lowest scoring rounds will be dropped. Round 12 cannot be dropped.
  • If there is a tie in points, the driver with the most wins wins the tiebreaker. Then 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Teams Championship
  • The top 2 cars from each team per race will score points towards the team championship
  • Bonus points scored by drivers do not count towards the Team Championship
  • All point penalties incurred by drivers, however, do count towards the Team Championship.

Retirements
    • If a driver wants to give up, under a non-emergency situation, they should find clear track (no cars) and proceed safely to the pits.
    • Park your car in the stall by pushing "start" as you're entering pit lane.
    • Do not simply push start after you decide to quit and leave it be.
    • This causes your car to become a potentially dangerous moving obstacle. This will be grounds for a disqualification for the race and possible follow up penalties.
    • Positions for multiple DNF drivers will be ranked according to time of retirement.
nascar-bar-separator.png

Penalties:

Penalties for this series will be handled with a basic point penalty system for offenses. The worse the offense, the more points will be deducted.

Minor infractions - 1 point
  • Repeated Accidental corner cuts (3-5)
  • Reckless/Aggressive driving - not causing a collision (includes excessive blocking, dive-bombing, etc)
  • Causing an avoidable collision - stopping and letting the affected drivers overtake you
  • Passing out of bounds and not giving back the position

Minor infractions in 2 separate races will result in probation.

Moderate infractions - 3 points
  • Repeated Accidental corner cuts (5-7)
  • Causing an avoidable collision - not slowing to let affected drivers overtake you
  • Rejoining track from out of bounds/pit exit resulting in blocking/impeding race traffic
  • Illegal blocking/impeding the progress of a lead lap car

Moderate infractions will result in probation for the next race.

Severe infractions - 6 points
  • Deliberately causing a collision (punting in an attempt to overtake, etc.)
  • Repeated accidental corner cuts (7 or more)
  • Deliberate corner cuts
  • Sustained aggressive/reckless driving
  • Causing multiple avoidable collisions

Severe infractions will result in automatic probation for the remainder of the championship.

Extreme infractions- Disqualification from race + possible suspension from 1 or more races (up to and including championship exclusion)
  • Committing any infraction while on probation
  • Deliberately causing multiple collisions/Deliberately wrecking a driver
  • Driving backwards on the track for any reason
  • Multiple Deliberate corner cuts
  • Using an illegally modified/hacked car

Last edited:
Interested for sure, probably not as full-time but sure to do a few races, was definitely one of the best series I was part of on GT5. Definitely in favour of letting people 'just join' and how there's no Team Owner.

👍

Yeah, no team owners should make everything much more streamlined. There will still be a teams championship, and any part timers can just come in as an independent or something.

No plans for that, but with open entry, there shouldn't be a need to, really.

Hmm, this is interesting. Just bought the Jeff Gordon Gen 6 car; it appears PD have implemented their own restrictor plate at Daytona. I'll have to test elsewhere to confirm, but at full power, and the gearbox at the default (205 mph top speed), I'm only barely hitting the redline, while at the old GTP NASCAR power limit (501 hp), I can't get much higher than 170.

Also, the car sounds truly dreadful.

Last edited:
If you lot were wondering, I was planning on bringing back the old NASCAR Dodge Series powered by Mobil 1 (Using the SRT8 Touring car). I'm certain that would make for a much more exciting 2nd tier series rather then just detuning the Cup cars further and making shorter races out of the Cup schedule.
When it was around, the general opinion on the car was that it was a good middle man between Cup/Nationwide and the Truck series. In real life Nationwide, the cars have less horsepower with much less weight that isn't really possible with the NASCARs in the game, but it is on the SRT8. Sadly real life happened (My dog died, totaled my car, finals came up, high school end of senior year things) and I had to cancel it.
Here's the original thread for the test series complete with spec info and nonsense. If we go ahead with a new series it would be same everything but probably different time and different schedule https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...00km-at-rome-room-opens-12-pm-est-sat.268372/

Hmm, this is interesting. Just bought the Jeff Gordon Gen 6 car; it appears PD have implemented their own restrictor plate at Daytona. I'll have to test elsewhere to confirm, but at full power, and the gearbox at the default (205 mph top speed), I'm only barely hitting the redline, while at the old GTP NASCAR power limit (501 hp), I can't get much higher than 170.

Also, the car sounds truly dreadful.
I think PD have equipped restrictor plates for all tracks, not just Daytona. I don't know if it's a glitch, or if that's just how they want it.

I'm hitting 195-197 down the straight at Indy. Default gearbox and default Aero. Cornering speeds seem more realistic on RH tires, between 160 and 165 (though I'm not sure how fast they were going irl).

EDIT: Okay, this is weird. 195 top speed at Bathurst. IIRC this is pretty much identical to what I was getting when I was playing around with this combination on iRacing a few weeks ago.

EDIT2: The car is definitely much easier and fun to drive at full power on Road Courses. Yet it doesn't feel restricted.

Last edited:
That's the spirit!

Pretty much gonna go with ~750 HP, Racing Hards barring a massive update that changes everything.

Thought up how the teams would work at work today. Basically every team consists of every driver driving 1 of 2 cars. Essentially:

Hendrick Motorsports: Jeff Gordon #24 + Jimmie Johnson #48
Earnhardt Ganassi Racing: Dale Earnhardt Jr. #88 + Juan Montoya #42
Ford Racing: Aric Almirola #43 + Carl Edwards #99
Joe Gibbs Racing: Denny Hamlin #11 + Kyle Busch #18
Stewart-Haas Racing: Tony Stewart #14 + Matt Kenseth #20

Whatever car you drive, that is the team you are with. Obviously there will be duplicate cars, but that is fine. And because there is an odd number of Chevy's and an odd number of Toyotas, I had to make a team with one of each, that made the most sense (Since Stewart obviously used to drive the #20), and there will not be a manufacturers championship.

Only the top two finishing drivers in the team will score team points; other than that, the Teams championship will have the same point system as the Drivers championship. I'm about to get online now if anyone wants to do some testing.

I'm up for this. 15 race schedule again or shorter?

I'm in the middle of writing up a proper OP which will get posted tonight. A few things will still need to be determined, including how qualifying will work.

Regardless of how many entries we'll get, I'm liking the idea of having week long qualifying like in JGTS, as opposed to the "15 minutes before the race" we did in the old series (and if we get more than 16 we'll pretty much have to use it anyway). However, since I still work afternoons, I wont be on for much of the week when others are, including the Friday before the race (until midnight when I get home). We have access to all of the PURE qualifying marshals and stewards (which myself, as well as Spurgy and Owens are included in), but I suspect most of the others aren't interested in racing Nascars. So if I talk to @Wardez , @Niop and @Matty , would you guys be willing to help out with qualifying people through the week?

Last edited:
I'd like to join, preferably on a part-time basis. It's been a while since I've been able to race in GTP NASCAR and would be glad to join. 👍

Finding a set-up for Daytona that's comfortable *and* fast will be a challenge, I think.

Room up for the next few hours or so.

1472-6118-4216-8213-0774

Probably best to add me on PSN so I know who you are.

Room up for the next few hours or so.

1472-6118-4216-8213-0774

Probably best to add me on PSN so I know who you are.
Room closed. Learn ed lots. Thanks everyone for coming out.

Updated specs:

Daytona: 650 HP, Racing Hard/Medium (to be decided)
Indy: 750 HP, Racing Medium
Motegi: 750 HP, Racing Medium
Road courses: 700 HP, Racing Medium
SSRX: 750 HP, Racing Hards

EDIT: I have the distinct feeling that Daytona will be an absolute cluster:censored:. Right now I only really want 1 Daytona race, with 2 each at Motegi and Indy, which I feel will make better racing.

Last edited:
I have to say I honestly preferred the setup for the first race at Brand's Hatch which I believe was 700/750BHP and Racing Hards. Felt perfect.

After the first race at Brands I tweaked my setup, but forgot to put on Mediums, so I was still on Hards and I liked it a lot better than the first race.

However, I did like the wear better on Mediums, which I feel would be better for s shorter race. Perhaps we can split it up and go with Mediums for short races and Hards for longer races?

Back