Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, thanks for the review! 👍

Second, forgive me if I misinterpreted your post but you sound more eager to give us a seemingly impossible mission to complete than really willing to get that car. You've even admitted yourself that it's very hard to make that car drift and finally resorted to mixing tyres and ballast to achieve your goal. We don't need tricks like that and the car will undoubtedly be delivered, if only just to show that we can do it.

The first post has been edited, concerning the requests.

Man, you have to control yourself. That way you will not obtain costumers, and sorry if I sounded rough. And it is not impossible to tune it that way.

You've even admitted yourself that it's very hard to make that car drift and finally resorted to mixing tyres and ballast to achieve your goal.
And, it seems you have searched through my garage I suppose, to say that statement.

Also:
Only "real" requests, we're not guinea pigs for you to make fun about. Drifters not recommended.

I didn’t remember call you guys guinea pigs, and what do you intrepid has a real request??? Also, the “drifters not recommended” wasn’t there before. Sorry but things have to be said. I don’t like the way you respond to certain things. Be more polite like Leonidae, that way you won’t get anything but bad responses. Have more calm, try not to dig something that does not exist. This is my advise to you. I don’t see what the stress is all about, if I was in your place, I was happy to see that someone has giving me a challenge, at least I think that way.

say, is the turbo only tune-up that's no-no? It would help if you'd give more specific info, like wing or not, N3/R3 tyres, LSD, no LSD, racing suspension or not.. You get the point, right? One can't put up a fight without knowing details..:rolleyes:
What you think it is the best, I just don’t want it with too many power, the rest is at your criteria.

I will PM the settings to you later today. And yeah, it is not hard.. It just takes bit more time and know-how to do it. The car has 380bhp at the moment so it's not too powerful. No wing, no ballast, no tyre mixing.. So I think that after some polishing, you'll get what you wanted. :sly: ;)

i tested the impreza coupe '99 and i was impressed with what you put together for it. its quick and handles nicely for the most part. there were only 2 things i had a problem with. in high speed corners it tends to understeer a lot, and you have to slow down more than you would normally. its not really a big deal though and after getting used to it it doesn't affect it too much. also when launching from a standstill, the acceleration lags a little and the needle will bounce on the redline a few times before it shifts into second (in auto). after a few races though i found its fine if you pulse the throttle until it gets up to speed. it still slows you down a lot though. i did some 400m runs and the best times i got were when i just launched it in second gear. that took about a half second off the time.

overall its really a great car and it helped me win a bunch of races. i give it a 8.5/10.👍

theres my review. so now can i request those chevelle SS settings ;):cheers:

LdS
I didn’t remember call you guys guinea pigs, and what do you intrepid has a real request???
I never said you called us guinea pigs. But it occurred to me that I really don't want to see the day on which someone wants me to make a full power Dodge RAM drifter just to see if we can do it or fail. That's what I mean by a real request, the car requested must be even half sensible.

Also, the “drifters not recommended” wasn’t there before.
I know. It should have been added way back but this far nobody has asked for a drifter so it has been forgotten.

Sorry but things have to be said. I don’t like the way you respond to certain things. Be more polite like Leonidae, that way you won’t get anything but bad responses. Have more calm, try not to dig something that does not exist. This is my advise to you. I don’t see what the stress is all about, if I was in your place, I was happy to see that someone has giving me a challenge, at least I think that way.
I would be a bloody liar if I said I like everyone's style here.

I thanked you for the review. I said "forgive me if I misinterpreted your post" which seems to have happened. Damn it, I'm Finnish, I may understand some things in a wrong way. It just seemed a bit offending for someone to ask for a known to be difficult car with a "troublemaker" smiley. I admit that I got a bit mad at the situation but it was odd for you to ask for a car that you knew to be very difficult to make drift, with that selection of words.

Poptart1318 - Thank you for the review, PM me for the Chevelle settings. I know it was Leonidae's car you tested but I take care of the muscle cars.

Rotary Junkie - Maybe, but I think he has his reasons.

I will PM the settings to you later today. And yeah, it is not hard.. It just takes bit more time and know-how to do it. The car has 380bhp at the moment so it's not too powerful. No wing, no ballast, no tyre mixing.. So I think that after some polishing, you'll get what you wanted. :sly: ;)

Thanks 👍:bowdown:

Greycap. Sorry for the misunderstanding 👍;)

I spent quite a while creating setups for the Z06 when GT4 first came out, so when Leo released the setup I knew I would have to give it a go.

First impressions were good. As ever, the car was precise in its cornering and did little if any fidgeting whilst in the corners. My only gripe with this setup is that I felt the brakes were a bit numb, though I'll make it clear that I'm not implying that the brake balance was set wrong or that the brakes were ineffective. I've come to the conclusion that this numbness allows the car to stop effectively whilst keeping a good weight balance.

After about 10 laps of Suzuka, I set a final lap time of 1'49.886 - which happens to be the fastest time I've set around Suzuka whilst using a Mad FinnTuners Co. car (by quite a large margin as well). On the brakes into the 1st Curve, the car was very stable and held itself in a neutral manner. It took well to all the inputs given, without altering its stance, appearing to barely shift its weight. In my experience with the car, this character lended itself well to trail braking which incidentally led to much faster lap times.

The car was extremely balanced through the S curves, needing little to keep the car on line and in general it was easy to keep a good rhythm. My only issue with car showed itself best going into the Degner bend. The slightly numb brakes made judging the braking point difficult, resulting in a few high speed offs and on a few occasions braking way too early.

For the rest of the lap, the car had good manners that allowed it to take the hairpin and spoon corners with ease. As such it would also carry some good speed towards 130R, where it also had impeccable manners which helped it to hold a good and fast line.

Overall, the C740R is very fast and capable, and quite frankly it's a fully fledged race car in disguise. It has neutral handling and also possesses superb balance in the corners and on the brakes (bar a couple of extreme corners). So thanks and congratulations again to Leo on the efforts and the end results achieved with this car 👍

[C740R @ Suzuka]

Edit: Just finished doing some test runs with the Griffith and overall the results are positive.

Going in and through the the corners, the car is well planted with no squables. However on the exit of corners, particularly in the lower gears, some careful modulation is needed otherwise you might as well be at Santa Pod or some other drag strip doing the usual pre-race antics.

Going around Suzuka, the car was stable achieving a best time of 1'53.525 (thought this was only after a few laps). In all honesty I didn't do much running with the car because there isn't anything wrong with it and it was quite easy to get a hold of. The brakes were particularly good, giving a good and strong response whilst not locking the front wheels. This meant exceptionally late braking was possible and the car even had the manners to stay neutral and then carry itself round the corner. Out of corners the car had good traction, being able to control its power without sliding and was also able to hug the intended line where others would just be making the tyres squirm. The setup also gave the car the ability to keep a pretty high cornering speed throughout and needed no tip toeing any corners at all.

I hope I haven't let you down Grey, but I'm finding it hard to say much about the setup because it gave a very consistent performance throughout and didn't give any problems at all. Overall the setup gave a very able and predictable car, and any differences in lap times are mainly dominated by the ability to modulate the throttle.

Pyrelli

Well, the car doesn't seem to want to reveal the killer inside it. I wonder what's causing that, is it just that my driving style differs greatly from others or what... or have I been the only one who has tried to extract 110% out of it. Odd.

But thanks for the in-depth review, of course! It's always good to get a detailed explanation about the handling of the car, it tells me a lot of the successfulness of the tuning. Sadly, your way of reviewing is the minority. 👍

I thank you humbly for the in-depth review of the C740R. I wish others would make long reviews like that. 👍

Well, the car doesn't seem to want to reveal the killer inside it. I wonder what's causing that, is it just that my driving style differs greatly from others or what... or have I been the only one who has tried to extract 110% out of it. Odd. But thanks for the review, of course! 👍

Hmm.. Odd indeed, perhaps it might just be that. Having only tested a few laps I probably haven't come close to its full potential. I'll test it again in the morning and perhaps I'll get to meet the killer :lol: But I did feel as if I was making the most of the car and gave the feedback as it was. I guess it might just be the difference in driving styles or perhaps it might just be the track. If anything changes I'll post up a new and updated review.

Pyrelli

Edit: No probs Leo, seeing the effort you two put into this thread and the setups its only right to give a full review - especially with the added bonus of having recieved setups, which I've been very happy with ;)

I have tried your Seat Cupra R Setup...and it is a great setup for a FF car and reminds me of a Touring Car. Some understeer usually of a FF, but good into the corners and handles well and does well in the Clubman Championship, Tuning Grand Prix and the Pan Euro Championship!

Anyway Greycap, can you help me tune a Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car for two things. One for grip so I can get the best of the car for tournaments and races as well for tyrelife considerations if using it in championships...and second for a high speed setup e.g. Test Course and Super Speedway. I am struggling to get a good setup for this car and I know it can perform better. Any more info...then feel free to pm me.

Thanks

Sorry I haven't been participating quite as much in this thread as I wanted to. I've been enjoying that Integra you guys made for me so much, that it's all I've really been tooling around in (gotta love going around Nurb in it!) but I'm going to get around to testing some more of your vehicles and let you know what I think :) Also, just a little tip to make this a bit easier, how about naming what type of car each tuned car is? For example, I don't know which NSX to use for the Amuse NSX R1, nor which MR2 to use for Mister Black. Thanks :D

Mister Black is the SW20 (second generation) MR2, with normally aspirated engine. and '02 NSX-R or NSX Type R is the car for "Amuse".

And the NSX? I guess it's the NSX-R concept from winning the "Race of NA Sports" in the Professional hall. Now let's hope I get it in the right color.:P

Amuse NSX R1 is just the ordinary showroom NSX-R '02, only photoshopped to look like that.

Naming the cars this way is just a part of the fun, seeing how many people we can fool before someone solves the problem. :P

mynameissport - can you wait for a week or so? The car will be a public release to accompany another blindingly fast Nissan.

My last review of the TVR Griffith 500 Blackpool seemed to take Greycap by surprise. Having had the car handle to differently to what was intended I took it out onto the track again.. though this time not at Suzuka but at GVS where I assume this car was setup.

Much like the first time around, the car gave a good impression. It was willing to give a firm grip on the brakes and the tarmac, whilst also holding a good tight and tidy line. Leading onto the straight, it took the fast right well. Minimal conditioning for the corner was needed and it took to the line without any tantrums. As an extra treat, the engine was also eager to pull through its gears giving some good speed before the first major corner.

Once again the car had a feeling of good immediacy on the brakes whilst keeping all four corners inline without a hint of any problems. As before, the only problem that occurred coincided with a heavy throttle but this was easily cured with some good modulation.

Once in the twisty mid-section, the car showed good balance and resilience to being upset by the quick changes in direction. This no doubt was in direct relation to what I perceived to be its neutral balance.

Overall, my stance on this car hasn't changed and it gave a good lap around GVS of 1'43.422. It has superb balance and power on the brakes, combined with suspension that has the car held well within its comfort zone. However this is a light weight car and unless treated with respect will threaten to burn up the tyres even in third gear.

[TVR Griffith 500 Blackpool @ GVS]

As promised, to go with the C740R review:

[C740R @ Suzuka]

Pyrelli

Oddly enough, the car doesn't feel like the same one I drove some time ago. If it hadn't been me behind the wheel back then I'd say the driver has been drunk or high. :odd:

Took it for a spin and the old lap record just fell apart, I clocked 1'43,283 and there is at least three tenths of a second to spare as I was running that much ahead of the ghost in the first checkpoint, screwed up the middle sector but fought back to a neck-to-neck situation in the last checkpoint and took the record by three tenths at the end of the lap. 👍

Oddly enough, the car doesn't feel like the same one I drove some time ago. If it hadn't been me behind the wheel back then I'd say the driver has been drunk or high. :odd:

From the sounds of that I guess you've changed your mind on the car, I found it hard to believe that it was quite the beast that its tag was suggesting - especially having tested similarly tagged cars like the BTR and the Spirra.

Pyrelli

The main reason to suspect drunk driving (I'm a teatotaller though) was the old lap record, just too slow considering what I could do now. I wouldn't say that I have changed my mind on the tag, it still takes a very skilled driver to take it right to the limits. Sure, everyone can drive it but not everyone can drive it totally flat out. You should have seen the crashes I had when I tried to go just that two kilometres per hour faster through a certain corner. :P

I don't suggest doing it in real life but I always seemed to do better on GT after a shot or two of something :P

As for the car, thats agreed.. the car seems comfortable with driving at 90% but that extra speed does take a fair amount of concentration. I'm looking forward to seeing the up and coming Nissans. The R390 has always been an enigma, taking me a quite a long while before I got it to a driveable state.

Pyrelli

I just tested out the FPV GTHO and I really enjoyed throwing it around the 'nurb but was kind of disappointed with the limited top speed, constantly found myself bouncing off of the governor. Fun, quick, great handling car though!

The top speed of that car (as all our cars, aimed at technical tracks) was kept pretty low to gain better acceleration and it also prevents it from shooting into a corner at 350+ km/h, a hopeless situation as it weighs about as much as a freight train and has similar stopping abilities from extreme speeds. :P Thanks for the review, I hope you'll be back when it gets a more lively little brother! 👍

Yep. I don't have a specific date to tell you but is should be "soon". One quick European hatchback and the beginning of a series of certain Japanese cars.

i might be able to test your cars on friday, saturday and sunday, i can't during the week because of school:ouch:. just let me know.

i might be able to test your cars on friday, saturday and sunday, i can't during the week because of school:ouch:. just let me know.

*Brain sends message of recognition*

Ps. Sounds fun Grey. To be honest, there aren't much cars in Mad FinnTuners Co that appeal to me. Maybe a request from me could solve that.;)

You know what to do to correct the situation! 👍

I surely do.:) Do you think it will make a difference if I'd put the settings on the NSX-R concept I mentioned above?(I have one sleeping in my garage:P)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back